Jump to content
sanahtlig

SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

Recommended Posts

Guess we can blame Ninetail if they've been very slow then lol. That said, I hope that they'll managed to work it nicely and the final product would be satisfying. I also hope that Ninetail would managed to release this within the promised time at their Prefundia, even though it might be impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Guess we can blame Ninetail if they've been very slow then lol. That said, I hope that they'll managed to work it nicely and the final product would be satisfying. I also hope that Ninetail would managed to release this within the promised time at their Prefundia, even though it might be impossible.

Not one KS ever (well, maybe except Cherry Kiss one) delivered the goods on promised time. So don't hope for Ninetail to make an exception, especially not with such a huge title such as Venus Blood Frontier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump this thread because we finally have KS for this, and the goal itself was quite odd at 148,305. For the release plan, I think it was pretty realistic considering that we'll gonna get it at December 2019 later so they should have a lot time to work on this, especially with Arunaru on board to translate this if the KS was managed to gather 148,305 ie funded. Anyway, here's the link to the KS page below and I'll keep an eye on this, so good luck to the campaign.

Venus Blood Frontier Kickstarter

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, novurdim said:

There's no way in heaven or hell they'll reach that crazy goal. I'm amused they've even decided to try.

Libra gathered more than that and everyone knew it's rather shit even before the translation disaster happened. :P This game has much to offer and they market it in a smart way, I don't say it won't be tough, but its definitely doable. They've launched at a pretty ungodly hour and are already at 6-7% a few hours later, we'll see where it'll all be in a few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I summarize the appeal of Venus Blood Frontier, why Ninetail deserves your support, and discuss why gameplay eroge fans should rally behind the Kickstarter.

Strategy H-RPG Venus Blood Frontier Kickstarter: Why you should care
With your support, Venus Blood Frontier could drive a desperately-needed renaissance for English gameplay eroge.

RsDJfXH.png?1

Edited by sanahtlig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished playing the demo and if it's anything to go by then this game looks to be a fun play. About my only complaint is the demo would crash from time to time and it has a pretty random ending; I assumed it would end when I captured the capital city but it didn't and instead just ended after I captured that lake territory by it without even a closing scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Finished playing the demo and if it's anything to go by then this game looks to be a fun play. About my only complaint is the demo would crash from time to time and it has a pretty random ending; I assumed it would end when I captured the capital city but it didn't and instead just ended after I captured that lake territory by it without even a closing scene.

Ninetail released a patch for the demo that should fix the crashing issues.  I guess they haven't reuploaded the fixed version yet.

Edited by sanahtlig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Finished playing the demo and if it's anything to go by then this game looks to be a fun play. About my only complaint is the demo would crash from time to time and it has a pretty random ending; I assumed it would end when I captured the capital city but it didn't and instead just ended after I captured that lake territory by it without even a closing scene.

There is a possibility that you exceeded the 30 turn time limit, and if you are unable to defeat Tilca and capture Edda (By reducing the enemy's national power to 0) within 30 turns, it will end automatically.

Otherwise, if you are playing the all-ages version, the Fall of Edda scenario should activate, ending the demo after Loki captures Tilca. The 18+ version ends after Loki "Interrogates" Tilca. After reading your post, I believe you may have hit the turn limit. Capturing the capital city does not = capturing the country unless the enemy's national power is at 0 (You can confirm this using the Info button).

If you experience bugs or crashes, please do inform us and we will do our best to fix it. As of right now, we have a patch available that we tweeted about which will fix a memory leak bug. 

Thank you for playing the demo and we're glad to hear you enjoyed it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ninetail said:

There is a possibility that you exceeded the 30 turn time limit, and if you are unable to defeat Tilca and capture Edda (By reducing the enemy's national power to 0) within 30 turns, it will end automatically.

Otherwise, if you are playing the all-ages version, the Fall of Edda scenario should activate, ending the demo after Loki captures Tilca. The 18+ version ends after Loki "Interrogates" Tilca. After reading your post, I believe you may have hit the turn limit. Capturing the capital city does not = capturing the country unless the enemy's national power is at 0 (You can confirm this using the Info button).

If you experience bugs or crashes, please do inform us and we will do our best to fix it. As of right now, we have a patch available that we tweeted about which will fix a memory leak bug. 

Thank you for playing the demo and we're glad to hear you enjoyed it!

 

Wow I'm honestly surprised to see you guys here on these Forums.. Its a first time for me seeing such an active VN Dev..

Heres Hoping you guys succeed..

TBH i was actually skeptical about backing  VBF at first.. i mean i had not heard of the Series before and i am not too much into SRPGs..but reading @sanahtlig blog changed my mind.. its always better to hear about a game from someone who has played it..

Best of luck to you guys.. Looking forward to playing this VN in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 10:50 PM, Ninetail said:

There is a possibility that you exceeded the 30 turn time limit, and if you are unable to defeat Tilca and capture Edda (By reducing the enemy's national power to 0) within 30 turns, it will end automatically.

Otherwise, if you are playing the all-ages version, the Fall of Edda scenario should activate, ending the demo after Loki captures Tilca. The 18+ version ends after Loki "Interrogates" Tilca. After reading your post, I believe you may have hit the turn limit. Capturing the capital city does not = capturing the country unless the enemy's national power is at 0 (You can confirm this using the Info button).

If you experience bugs or crashes, please do inform us and we will do our best to fix it. As of right now, we have a patch available that we tweeted about which will fix a memory leak bug. 

Thank you for playing the demo and we're glad to hear you enjoyed it!

 

Thanks for the info, though are time limits a thing in VBF? Like if I don't conquer a kingdom within x number of turns I die or is this like in Sengoku Rance where if I don't conquer a place within a certain number of turns one of the other demon heirs is going to show up and conquer it (and its ruling heroine) instead? I'm asking since I generally don't like time limits in games like this (thanks to that in SR, I ignored the dungeon crawling aspect of the game completely and got a very nasty and unbeatable surprise when the canon story's finale started).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, enough is enough.  No more "controversy" talk anymore, it's eclipsing the original topic of the thread.  Almost 3+ pages of arguing?  Nah.  Take it to PM's if you guys desperately need to hash things out past this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Thanks for the info, though are time limits a thing in VBF? Like if I don't conquer a kingdom within x number of turns I die or is this like in Sengoku Rance where if I don't conquer a place within a certain number of turns one of the other demon heirs is going to show up and conquer it (and its ruling heroine) instead? I'm asking since I generally don't like time limits in games like this (thanks to that in SR, I ignored the dungeon crawling aspect of the game completely and got a very nasty and unbeatable surprise when the canon story's finale started).

Well, there is an overall time limit of 999 turns to finish the entire game, but there are no sectioned off time limits that will give you an instant game over during any particular section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ninetail said:

Well, there is an overall time limit of 999 turns to finish the entire game, but there are no sectioned off time limits that will give you an instant game over during any particular section. 

For context, my Normal mode clear took 223 turns.  Hard mode likely wouldn't have taken much longer.  You'd have to be stalling on purpose to hit that turn limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote about the VBF gameplay trial and the environment that surrounds it here.

I found that the gameplay was fun, engaging and complex but it could benefit from an interface upgrade and improved tutorial. Translation is decent, with a couple glaring issues that are a cause for concern. Overall, the demo is certainly polished in comparison with the first one, but it’s still rough around the edges.

I also talk about localization mistakes, but the bigger issue is with the original script itself.

Would appreciate any feedback or criticism, but either way, it'd be nice to revive this discussion thread. Honestly, it's quite vexing how low of a presence Ninetail have, barely even engaging with the community. It's also surprising how the stretch goals have yet to be revealed, 20 or so days in the Kickstarter. I believe that the initial goal will be reached, but there's a lot of wasted potential. Like, just imagine if the mikandi guy was running the PR campaign.

 

(I know about the issue with a few of the images not loading. I have spent hours trying to fix it but it's probably the plugin that is at fault. It seems to work completely fine with Google Chrome, but try clearing your cache.)

Edited by Ramaladni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ramaladni said:

I wrote about the VBF gameplay trial and the environment that surrounds it here.

I found that the gameplay was fun, engaging and complex but it could benefit from an interface upgrade and improved tutorial. Translation is decent, with a couple glaring issues that are a cause for concern. Overall, the demo is certainly polished in comparison with the first one, but it’s still rough around the edges.

I also talk about localization mistakes, but the bigger issue is with the original script itself.

Would appreciate any feedback or criticism, but either way, it'd be nice to revive this discussion thread. Honestly, it's quite vexing how low of a presence Ninetail have, barely even engaging with the community. It's also surprising how the stretch goals have yet to be revealed, 20 or so days in the Kickstarter. I believe that the initial goal will be reached, but there's a lot of wasted potential. Like, just imagine if the mikandi guy was running the PR campaign.

I suspect they don't have stretch goals, with the Money Pool taking their place.

Anyway, nice review, hope they read it, but one thing I want to ask is where the "unofficial wiki" is, as I'm trying to find it so I can rank my own performance.  Also, in addition to your criticisms, a clearer explanation on how to tell what element the day is would be great.  I've yet to figure it out.

Edit: Never mind, they've revealed the stretch goals.  Wonder if your review had anything to do with it?  Since part of Stretch Goal 1 is redoing the parts released in the demo by Arunaru...

Edited by BFldyq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1396516721/venusblood-frontier-english-localization-project/posts/2312303
 

Quote

 

Stretch Goal 1  ¥18,700,000 (Roughly $170,000)

The Song of the Battlefield

・ New Personal Episode for a Heroine*  

・ English ED Theme  

・ Opening Song by nao (another version) added to the game's soundtrack  

・ 6 New BGM tracks added to the soundtrack  

・ Re-translation of UI and Parts featured in the SRPG Trial by Arunaru  

---------------  

SG 2  ¥20,900,000 (Roughly $190,000)

Treasured Documents of Valhalla  

・ New Personal Episode for a Heroine*  

・ Artbook will now contain an extra 16 pages at no extra cost.  

・ Any tiers containing the artbook will now come with an extra digital bonus (Official Doujinshi) at no extra cost  

---------------  

SG 3  ¥23,100,000 (Roughly $210,000)

The Oracle of the Goddesses  

・ New Personal Episode for a Heroine*  

・ 6 New Common Units Added  

・Any tiers containing the digital soundtrack will now come with Goddess System Voices at no extra cost.  

---------------  

SG 4  ¥27,500,000 (Roughly $250,000)

A Disturbing Memory  

・A New Story Scene Added, titled "A Disturbing Memory"  

・A New Commander Unit Added (The Imperial Queen Disir)  

---------------  

SG 5  ¥33,000,000 (Roughly $300,000)

The Chaotic Future 

・New story event added, titled "The Chaotic Future" 

・New unit added to the game (The Absolute God of Evil, Odin)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BFldyq said:

I suspect they don't have stretch goals, with the Money Pool taking their place.

Anyway, nice review, hope they read it, but one thing I want to ask is where the "unofficial wiki" is, as I'm trying to find it so I can rank my own performance.  Also, in addition to your criticisms, a clearer explanation on how to tell what element the day is would be great.  I've yet to figure it out.

Edit: Never mind, they've revealed the stretch goals.  Wonder if your review had anything to do with it?  Since part of Stretch Goal 1 is redoing the parts released in the demo by Arunaru...

Thank you for reading it!

Not sure if you can read Japanese, but you can find the unofficial wiki here. If you wish to check what your ranking would be, you can check it over here. Making quick use of google translate:

3pVzhvl.png

Element of the day (or moon phases) is easy to check out, it's right above your resources. I understand that there's a lot of information so it's not difficult to miss out on these things. It's also possible to check what the element of the day it is during battle, though.

If my review urged them to finally reveal the stretch goals, that would mean mission accomplished, I suppose. I really hope we hit that first mark, but...

Quote

Re-translation of UI and Parts featured in the SRPG Trial

I'm not sure if "Parts featured..." refers to a retranslation of the prologue and Chapter 1, but perhaps it can be mended by an editor. I still do hope that skill descriptions get fixed since it's kinda ridiculous when half of the script is cut out in a translation. Either way, I'm really happy about the announcement, but I wish that the reTL had its own stretch goal, since the other items bump the price up a bit.

Edited by Ramaladni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ramaladni said:

Thank you for reading it!

Not sure if you can read Japanese, but you can find the unofficial wiki here. If you wish to check what your ranking would be, you can check it over here. Making quick use of google translate:

3pVzhvl.png

Element of the day (or moon phases) is easy to check out, it's right above your resources. I understand that there's a lot of information so it's easy to miss out on these things. It's also possible to check what the element of the day it is during battle, though.

If my review urged them to finally reveal the stretch goals, that would mean mission accomplished, I suppose. I really hope we hit that first mark, but...

I'm not sure if "Parts featured..." refers to a retranslation of the prologue and Chapter 1, but perhaps it can be mended by an editor. I still do hope that skill descriptions get fixed since it's kinda ridiculous when half of the script is cut out in a translation. Either way, I'm really happy about the announcement, but I wish that the reTL had its own stretch goal, since the other items bump the price up a bit.

Thanks for the link!  Now, how to do it in 15 days or less...

Oh, and to clarify, I know where it is, but I can't figure out how to read the damn thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have troubles reading Japanese or the table above? You can read it with Google translate, but that won't work as well with the strategy walkthroughs.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get S rank in a first Hard mode playthrough. In NG+, you'll be able to start out with the Commander Units you recruited during the previous playthrough, including any titles they had.

Some of the recommended units for Chapter 1 are the Bouncer (really strong against Tilca and the Gale Ritters) and units that can Null Pierce and Wide Attacks, such as the Baron, iirc.

Edited by Ramaladni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramaladni said:

Do you have troubles reading Japanese or the table above? You can read it with Google translate, but that won't work as well with the strategy walkthroughs.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get S rank in a first Hard mode playthrough. In NG+, you'll be able to start out with the Commander Units you recruited during the previous playthrough, including any titles they had.

Some of the recommended units for Chapter 1 are the Bouncer (really strong against Tilca and the Gale Ritters) and units that can Null Pierce and Wide Attacks, such as the Baron, iirc.

Shit, sorry, to truly clarify, I switched topics to the moon-cycle/element thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so, the moon phases will alternate in this order: Fire>Ice>Wind>Earth>Lightning>Water>Light>Dark. Fire element units are stronger during a Fire moon and weaker during an Ice moon. Ice element units are stronger during an Ice moon and they're weaker during a Fire moon. This kind of dual relationships works in pairs for the aforementioned elements (Fire and Ice, Wind and Earth, Lightning and Water, Light and Dark). Eight elements, sixteen turns for a complete cycle.

Since we have Day and Night phases, the moon takes one full day (or 2 turns in-game) to change. So you'll have:

Turn 1: Fire (Day) - Assuming that you picked Fire moon as your starting moon phase when you started a new game

OO7mCTn.png

Turn 2: Fire (Night)

rrniXeh.png

Turn 3: Ice (Day)

Turn 4: Ice (Night)

(...)

Turn 16: Dark (Night)

BJ06Fbw.png

And then the cycle restarts at Fire (Day). If you're wondering what those numbers mean, 1 is the current moon phase, 2 is the next moon phase, and 6 is the previous moon phase.

gNtsGKP.png

Here next to Attack, you can see that it's currently Earth moon.

Hope this helps clear things up.

 

Edited by Ramaladni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×