SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

sanahtlig

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Ah, so it's an hRPG? When I first saw this news I thought it was just a nukige and wondered why people are so excited about it. :P

Although even with all the gameplay elements it will be one of the more pointless non-ero versions out there if the Kickstarter rules really force them to make one. Maybe the most pointless one after the first English release of Wild Romance and that one time when SakuraGame tried to put HemoImo on Steam. :D 

These are the most hardcore SRPG VN hybrids I have ever played. The ero scenes is not important overall at all. I think it will be fine even if they cut those off completely.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

Just a heads up that the trial download does work. It was apparently blocked for some countries but not sure if that got fixed because I can download it just fine.

Does not work for me either

Edited by phantomJS

1 hour ago, phantomJS said:

These are the most hardcore SRPG VN hybrids I have ever played. The ero scenes is not important overall at all. I think it will be fine even if they cut those off completely.

How on earth would taking corruption scenes out of a game about sexual corruption be in any way satisfactory to the primary audience?  That's literally the main selling point.  It's a core gameplay mechanic and has entire story arcs devoted to it (optional, but incentivized by gameplay mechanics).  The gameplay is great but you can't just excise a major theme and claim it "wasn't important".

2 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

How on earth would taking corruption scenes out of a game about sexual corruption be in any way satisfactory to the primary audience?  That's literally the main selling point.  It's a core gameplay mechanic and has entire story arcs devoted to it (optional, but incentivized by gameplay mechanics).  The gameplay is great but you can't just excise a major theme and claim it "wasn't important".

personally, I find the gameplay to be more enjoyable than those scenes. I think it's fine to just cut away away the h-scenes only; It's not as if it changes the story otherwise. The story still has sexual corruption as it's main theme.

If you want sexual corruption H-Scenes, aren't there better titles to satisfy you than a VN hybrid series that has a very strong emphasis on the gameplay?

40 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

If you want sexual corruption H-Scenes, aren't there better titles to satisfy you than a VN hybrid series that has a very strong emphasis on the gameplay?

No?  You speak as if somehow a game is less than the sum of its parts: that a game's gameplay detracts from other elements, and vice versa.  I specifically look for titles that have gameplay AND the other qualities I'm looking for.  By the way, sexual training is actually NOT one of the elements I value.  I just don't believe in gutting major themes for the sake of mere convenience.  The game is supposed to have those scenes, and if you don't want to see them you can 1) not trigger them or 2) disable those H-scenes in the configuration menu.

I think it's fine to just cut away away the h-scenes only; It's not as if it changes the story otherwise.  The story still has sexual corruption as it's main theme.

How does removing story arcs that revolve around H-scenes not affect the story?  And in regards to writing, have you heard of the rule "show, not tell"?  That rule applies here.

Edited by sanahtlig

45 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

No?  You speak as if somehow a game is less than the sum of its parts: that a game's gameplay detracts from other elements, and vice versa.  I specifically look for titles that have gameplay AND the other qualities I'm looking for.  By the way, sexual training is actually NOT one of the elements I value.  I just don't believe in gutting major themes for the sake of mere convenience.  The game is supposed to have those scenes, and if you don't want to see them you can 1) not trigger them or 2) disable those H-scenes in the configuration menu.

What I meant is the gameplay is such a strong focus on the game that it probably ends up or will end up being the primary focus of the VN itself rather than the story, theme, or the corruption aspect for a lot of people (especially for SRPG fans like me. The gameplay in Hypno is seriously damm deep and good). I certainly felt the reason I am playing it is because of the deep gameplay in it rather than the story (I do understand this opinion probably do not represent the majority. That's why I said it as my opinion only and I also stated the reasons why). I do not mean the gameplay detracts from other elements in the game or something.

Also, I meant cutting away the H-Scenes only because it seems to be a major sticking point towards localising title in the western market, such as if they want to publish it on steam, and not because I think they should. Personally feel cutting away the H-Scenes (only) shouldn't be too big of a deal to the overall experience if it turns out to be troublesome for Ninetails.

Ofc I totally agree with you and would like them to preserve the entire original experience if possible. I just don't think it's possible as there seems to be a ton of potential issues waiting for them ( for instance, you yourself said ' however, Kickstarter has a policy against erotic content so it's unlikely that the "feature" version to be crowdfunded will contain ero.' in your article). No matter how much you think you are right or whatever (and believe me, I feel the same way as you do), don't hold your breath for it to happen. If what it takes is for a Venus Blood title to be localised is only to remove the ero scenes, then I personally don't see it as a big deal. Not as if we can do much bitching about it, lol  

43 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Looks horrible. Hard pass. 

Tried Hypno recently. I think the game is deeper than the majority of the standalone Sim/SRPG games and will seriously suck you up. If you are a fan of the genre only (I don't mean VN hybrids of corruption based VNs), I think these games are gems. If not, the theme alone will likely turn a lot of ppl (lncluding you I think) off :P

Edited by phantomJS

3 hours ago, solidbatman said:

Looks horrible. Hard pass. 

I just need to say that I find it to be hilarious when people say things like hard pass. You would be surprised at the sorts of things that curiosity and a lot of boredom are capable of while working together.

As for this game itself, it looks pretty fantastic, personal tastes aside. I'm not generally into stuff like this but I think if this does get localized, I might actually give it a go and see what happens.

3 hours ago, phantomJS said:

I just don't think it's possible as there seems to be a ton of potential issues waiting for them ( for instance, you yourself said ' however, Kickstarter has a policy against erotic content so it's unlikely that the "feature" version to be crowdfunded will contain ero.' in your article).

Kickstarter doesn't have to fund the entire project.  They're going to sell a product.  Yes, finding a platform to host the game is a potential problem.  But I've talked to multiple localization companies that would be happy to publish adult versions of games like this, especially if they didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

I am not a tentacle lover either and played pretty much 80% of all Venus Blood Games. I still love them. the plot is great, the corruptions / good routes that you can picked is interesting.

If one want to see Ninetail released their other games to the West obv this project would need to be success before that can happen

They confirmed steam will be running a all age release with external patch for 18+. so its looking good so far

Edited by tamago

Hey guys, the English staff/translator from Ninetail here. I'm glad to see discussion on this project as well as the...Well, enthusiasm! There's a MEGA link posted on the official twitter page by the way for those who can't access or download the trial version from the official site.

Well, what can I say, tentacles corruption rape mindbreak etc, everyone has their own cup of tea. You might be surprised to hear this but even I, the dang translator of this title, don't even particularly love tentacles rape mindbreak etc. But that's the thing isn't it? The gameplay, the storytelling...That was enough to get me on board. 

In regards to some of what you guys have discussed here, well...

1) Regarding GoD: I did actually bring this up with the boss, saying that Gears of Dragoon would be a good series to translate considering it's actually easier to cut the H out of this than something like VenusBlood where the 18+ stuff is kinda integral, but he said the VB series was more...popular. So here we are.

2) To batman: Hard Pass, eh? I personally like giving things chances rather than straight up denying it, but if, under any circumstance, it just doesn't looks like something that appeals to you? Feel free to pass on it, but I feel calling it horrible is kind of...uncalled for.

I'd love to clear up any other questions you might have, but I'd like to ask that you guys please wait for the Kickstarter and other pages to go up and direct your questions there. Thank you for your interest in this project and I(along with the others here at Ninetail) certainly hope we can count on your support!

6 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

1) Regarding GoD: I did actually bring this up with the boss, saying that Gears of Dragoon would be a good series to translate considering it's actually easier to cut the H out of this than something like VenusBlood where the 18+ stuff is kinda integral, but he said the VB series was more...popular. So here we are

So if I understood this right, they are cutting out the H from this? If so, count my support out...