Mr. Poltroon's Blasted 3000th Post

Mr Poltroon

God dammit. I knew the day would come. I'd get to three thousand posts and I'd have bugger all to say.

That means I need to come up with something. That does, unfortunately, also mean that effort on my part will be required; effort which I'm simply not willing to contribute.
So here's the deal. You come up with something for me to do.

Perhaps you'd be interested on my thoughts on a particular topic?

Perhaps you'd like me to read something for you?*

Perhaps you'd like me to send money your way?

Yeah sure, I'd like a lot of things too. You can ask; nothing wrong with that. I'll just laugh at your request if I deem it stupid; or unnecessary, or useless, or strange, or something of the sort.

Additionally, free of charge, you can ask for a "love-filled" PM which I'll absolutely send your way. It'll thenceforward be used to harass you whenever the mood strikes.

*If you want a free sample of what to expect, the video******* below has me reading this very post.
http://picosong.com/zLYL/

*******Not a video.

34 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Pffft, hahaha. 

This is my first time listening to your voice. It's great. 

Record the same post in portuguese and post that, heh.

My translation capabilities excel.

http://picosong.com/zLcV/

Spoiler

Raios o partam. Eu sabia que o dia haveria de chegar. Eu haveria de ter três mil mensagens, e eu haveria de ter absolutamente nada a dizer.

Isso quer dizer que eu terei de vir ao de cima com algo. Isso quer, infelizmente, também dizer que esforço da minha parte será necessário; esforço esse que simplesmente não estou disposto a contribuir.
Portanto é assim que vai funcionar. Tu arranjas algo para eu fazer.

Talvez estarias interessado na minha prespetiva sobre um tópico em particular?

Talvez gostarias que eu te lesse algo?*

Talvez gostarias que eu te enviasse dinheiro?

Pois, 'tá bem, eu cá também gostaria de muita coisa. Podes perguntar; com isso não há problema. É só que eu rir-me-ei do teu pedido se o achar estúpido, ou desnecessário, ou inutíl, ou estranho, ou algo do género.

Para além disso, gratuitamente, poderás pedir uma mensagem pessoal "cheia de amor" que eu farei questão de te enviar. Daí em diante, essa mensagem será utilizada para te provocar quando me der na real gana.

*Se quiseres um exemplar gratuito do que esperar, o video seguinte tem-me a ler esta mensagem.

Don't mind the spelling. I didn't either.

10 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Hide contents

Raios o partam. Eu sabia que o dia haveria de chegar. Eu haveria de ter três mil mensagens, e eu haveria de ter absolutamente nada a dizer.

Isso quer dizer que eu terei de vir ao de cima com algo. Isso quer, infelizmente, também dizer que esforço da minha parte será necessário; esforço esse que simplesmente não estou disposto a contribuir.

Pois, 'tá bem, eu cá também gostaria de muita coisa. Podes perguntar; com isso não há problema. É só que eu rir-me-ei do teu pedido se o achar estúpido, ou desnecessário, ou inutíl, ou estranho, ou algo do género.

Para além disso, gratuitamente, poderás pedir uma mensagem pessoal "cheia de amor" que eu farei questão de te enviar. Daí em diante, essa mensagem será utilizada para te provocar quando me der na real gana.

*Se quiseres um exemplar gratuito do que esperar, o video seguinte tem-me a ler esta mensagem.

It's quite interesting hearing you speak Portuguese.

Anyway, could you read this? "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy... to avert one's eyes from it."

It's a quote from Edgeworth, so I'd like to hear it from you, the real life equivalent of Edgeworth.

Oh yeah, congrats on reaching 3000 posts.

4 minutes ago, Barktooth said:

Sexy voice. Congrats on 3000 posts, Tiag of the land of Varela. (By the way, do you regret not capitalizing that F in your name?)

Same here, actually. I think my taste in anime/VNs is similarly shitty to Tiag's.

Can't be as bad as his... unless you like Little Busters

6 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Can't be as bad as his... unless you like Little Busters

I don't know yet as I haven't played that game, but it is one of the VNs I'm looking forward to the most. I like half the cast judging by VNDB traits, and it's pretty rare for me to like that many characters in a VN. Dunno though, can't say if I'll like it for sure until I play it.

Oh and if you think my taste isn't shit, I rated HoshiMemo 10/10.

Just now, Barktooth said:

I don't know yet as I haven't played that game, but it is one of the VNs I'm looking forward to the most. I like half the cast judging by VNDB traits, and it's pretty rare for me to like that many characters in a VN. Dunno though, can't say if I'll like it for sure until I play it.

Oh and if you think my taste isn't shit, I rated HoshiMemo 10/10.

You two are perfect for each other.

But for real, Tiago, you one of the only people to actually have good rebuttals to my LB! review and not just curse me out like 99% of people who like that game :P Cant hate you for that. I'll find something else to hate you for one day <3

10 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

You two are perfect for each other.

But for real, Tiago, you one of the only people to actually have good rebuttals to my LB! review and not just curse me out like 99% of people who like that game :P Cant hate you for that. I'll find something else to hate you for one day <3

:salt:

Your voice reminds me of a young John Lennon for some reason haha. Maybe due to the nasal quality of some bits of your speech. It's a charming voice though :sachi:.

As for a request, could you read the verse below? and post yourself doing so of course :makina:, in a melancholic tone. If it's not to much trouble. 

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting 

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door; 

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming, 

And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor; 

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor 

Shall be lifted—nevermore!

Congratulations and cheers to 3000 more.

Ps: Are you a brit? 

Edited by DharmaFreedom
postscript

10 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

With that misunderstanding, I believe you have just made a friend for life out of Tiago.

:wahaha: Oh, he was just trying to sound British?

I think it was a pretty believable accent. He had mostly fluid enunciation [i think he only stumbled a bit at the end] and the accent didn't break. 

19 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Hide contents

So you actually went ahead and decided to recite lines in Portuguese? Well I'll be damned.

23 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

It's quite interesting hearing you speak Portuguese.

Anyway, could you read this? "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy... to avert one's eyes from it."

It's a quote from Edgeworth, so I'd like to hear it from you, the real life equivalent of Edgeworth.

Oh yeah, congrats on reaching 3000 posts.

http://picosong.com/zVi4/

23 hours ago, Fiddle said:

What is your opinion on bears?

I like bears. They're cute.
Wouldn't ever want to meet one in real life, however. They seem dangerously carnivore.

20 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Send me 10 bucks? :Teeku: 

http://picosong.com/zViF/

20 hours ago, Silvz said:

I watch you from the shadows, I'm your unknown fan :sacchan:

1XLAjck.png

15 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I could swear I'd heard Portuguese spoken before, but now I'm not so certain. In my mind it was slightly funny Spanish, but what I heard sounded much farther from Spanish and closer to French than I expected.

When are you going to continue your Tiag Plays X-Com series?

The continuation is recorded, but not uploaded. As for when it'll resume, that remains a mystery, even to me.

12 hours ago, Barktooth said:

Sexy voice. Congrats on 3000 posts, Tiag of the land of Varela. (By the way, do you regret not capitalizing that F in your name?)

Same here, actually. I think my taste in anime/VNs is similarly shitty to Tiag's.

I don't. It allows me to tell whether users are Portuguese or Spanish, as they're the only ones who get it right on their first try.

Incorrect. You didn't much like Grisaia, blasphemer.

8 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

:wahaha: Oh, he was just trying to sound British?

I think he it was a pretty believable accent. He had mostly fluid enunciation [i think he only stumbled a bit at the end] and the accent didn't break. 

Unfortunately, my accent changes every day. Occasionally it sounds British. I am, regrettably, not, however.
Here's your clip:

http://picosong.com/zVp7/

8 hours ago, havoc said:

Watch desert punk episode 16 in English dub en give people your opinion.

Will get on it. I will not watch anything else.

10 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I think it's admirable that you gave it a shot! You are a man of your word, hats off to you gent :sachi:.

Iit was a good attempt at reading it, bravo!  I agree with you that poems are hard to read especially if you are earnest about it, but i found that reading them fluidly helps with enunciation, i also find it interesting to figure out the right tone and emotion to convey. I love poems and The Raven is one of my favourites. 

Thank you, you accomplished the request superbly.