Do you watch let plays of VN on Youtube?

Nekolover

6 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Princess Evangile did get censored heavily, but they were still lenient and let Noble play it on Twitch. They either aren't trying hard enough with censoring or they just don't care enough to.

Mangagamer granted Noble permission to continue it, so he carried on with it on Twitch

16 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

If it isn't allowed, then why is there a full playthrough of the entirety of Kara No Shoujo on Youtube when I type in Kara No Shoujo? If Innocent Grey didn't want that kind of thing on Youtube, they would've removed it by now.

Because they don't care. But lost pause makes money off this. So he needs permission so he gets protection from copyright. Think Nintendo logic here. 

3 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Princess Evangile did get censored heavily, but they were still lenient and let Noble play it on Twitch. They either aren't trying hard enough with censoring or they just don't care enough to.

I think they did to promote the game to casual players of VN.  I only knew the game exist because noble play it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't know about the game.  I play the demo but isn't for me. 

There literally is no point in censoring those little channels, which play the games, because there is no profit to it and they swarm like flies, so you can't really stop them

It's quite possible that Gangamamer understood this and that's the reason why large channels that make money off of videos don't cover these because of the frivolous copyright

Just now, Arcadeotic said:

There literally is no point in censoring those little channels, which play the games, because there is no profit to it and they swarm like flies, so you can't really stop them

It's quite possible that Gangamamer understood this and that's the reason why large channels that make money off of videos don't cover these because of the frivolous copyright

Precisely and that why Noble is largely safe from copyright.  Because he get the OK first. 

Not anymore but I did discover them thanks to a YouTuber called Millbee. He played Katawa Shoujo and I'm pretty sure he introduced a whole bunch of people to visual novels that way. He had around 20k viewers on his videos (117 episode series) and close to 200 000 on his first one.

That's what got me in.

43 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Mangagamer's policy is:

1) You can stream their content, granted it is not archived or saved in any way. 

2) You CAN record gameplay of their titles, up to a grand total of 20% for titles without demos, either split over different short clips, or over one sitting, however an entire let's play is not allowed. You can record an entire demo though. (You can also use footage from a game for things such as reviews etc, as long as there are no major spoilers.) 

The thing they don't want is story spoilers to the title. 

You are allowed to make money from videos / streams showing their games, as long as the criteria above is met. 

How harsh they actually enforce this, I don't know, but that's their rules at least.

(Keep in mind that this is Mangagamer's view on it, not the creators of the game itself. That's why they also have this listed on their site:)

"Disclaimer
The above is MangaGamer's policy on streaming and uploading video. The individual policies of our Japanese partners take precedence where our partners choose to enforce them, so some videos may be subject to take down requests issued by our partners."

15 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

Not anymore but I did discover them thanks to a YouTuber called Millbee. He played Katawa Shoujo and I'm pretty sure he introduced a whole bunch of people to visual novels that way. He had around 20k viewers on his videos (117 episode series) and close to 200 000 on his first one.

That's what got me in.

Indeed, he got me interested in VNs and he actually gave comments about his view of the characters and events happening.  instead of the only tits jokes you mostly see in LP's :makina:

*cough* Noble *cough*

Lost pause is by far the worst to listen to imo... He overreacts to things so easily and his laugh is annoying... It's painful to watch.

I've only ever watched let's plays of Japanese players so that they voice the narration lines so that I can understand better. I hate reading kanji D:

I watch eroge lets plays in Japanese sometimes after I have finished the game myself. Nice way to see what other people think about the prologue/common route of the game.

Also watch eroge streams on niconico.

1 hour ago, Nekolover said:

Well yes but that because is entertainment first for most Let players. Well again most Let players are  entertainment. That way the guy I watch are successful.  Not saying I wouldn't like a serious one but is more hard to do in my opinion. 

I understand part of it is for the actual person playing, but sadly this type of youtuber doesn't interest me at all anymore. I hate obnoxiousness in general, I much prefer watching people who are focused on what they're doing more than anything and don't try to overhype stuff.

Perhaps this is a sign I'm already turning into a grumpy old man that hates fun.

I personally are only interested if the VN is an actual video game with gameplay in it, since it requires the person in front of the screen to do something that isn't just reading.  

Ace Attorney is great example. I love watching people play Ace Attorney and having them get into the cross examinations and choices with zealous interest. Which coincidentally also makes for good commentary. 

Not really.

My main problem with Let's Plays is that I like to immerse myself in the story. So I don't care about his reactions and commentary when he is reading. Only at the beginning or at the end of the video. And so far the only lets player I like to watch is ZEN who although reads in Japanese, but he has a really nice voice and good voice acting.

10 hours ago, Nekolover said:

I watch Lost Pause.

Ditto, I started watching him a while back and he's pretty funny plus the reactions are cool to watch. But that's as much as I can say, I don't watch anyone else play vn's on Youtube

I prefer playing/reading Visual Novels at my own leisure so that I could get to experience the story or the plot of a specific VN firsthand rather than watching let's play videos on youtube since that's a sign of laziness and not something a avid Visual Novel reader/player would normally do...  Also I never like Lost Pause let's play or any of his videos, he's pretty annoying as hell, never really been a fan of his vulgar, nonsensical commentaries and jokes. I just cannot stand to watch his videos, it's quite unbearable at best...

I dont watch lets plays of vns I actually wanna play lol. Lets plays is not really how you wanna experience a VN unless its super cringy, the it can be fun to watch others reactions, but there isnt really anything else to vns than what you see on the screen, thus taking a lot away from it that would want to make you play it in the first place.

6 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

I dont watch lets plays of vns I actually wanna play lol. Lets plays is not really how you wanna experience a VN unless its super cringy, the it can be fun to watch others reactions, but there isnt really anything else to vns than what you see on the screen, thus taking a lot away from it that would want to make you play it in the first place.

I disagree fully.