ChuSinGura 46+1 Kickstarter comes out of nowhere (with added Engrish and sketchyness)

Zenophilious

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

If you don't want half the VN fanbase boycotting your Kickstarter and screaming at you during the campaign, I'd suggest coming up with a plan to release a version with adult content intact.

I agree with most everything else you say, but I think you overestimate the amount of people who care about this. They don't have to promise 18+ content to make this a success. They just have to do everything else right, which seems like they aren't capable of doing.

7 minutes ago, Decay said:

I agree with most everything else you say, but I think you overestimate the amount of people who care about this. They don't have to promise 18+ content to make this a success. They just have to do everything else right, which seems like they aren't capable of doing.

I honestly don't think Libra of the Vampire Princess would have made its goal if Mikandi Japan hadn't connected with the fanbase and addressed their concerns about the adult content.  It would've been just another neglected Kickstarter.  We don't have sufficient data points to say for sure--and honestly I don't want to see those data points happen to find out.

This Kickstarter is going to struggle.  This company needs all the favorable winds it can get.

2 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

How do you fail this hard?

By not caring.

13 hours ago, RikiSanic said:

so maybe this is Gloczus in disguise. I have no idea why they keep starting campaigns under a different company name, though, especially when they list themselves as in charge of localization anyway.

It really doesn't matter if they are or aren't. The point about Gloczus was that they only published mobile titles and have never had experience localising anything. The point you make about Ninja is that they only publish mobile titles and have never had experience localising anything. The fundamental point is really still the same :P 

Ugh ... This is so frustrating, because the rewards are actually pretty freaking cool, and very reasonably priced. 

And the game looks really cool too...

Why? ... just why did these people have to be the ones to pick this up. Ugh ... Guess I'll just read it in Japanese eventually. Even if they somehow got funded and released this mess, there is no way I'm touching it based off this ... interesting campaign. 

inb4 they ignore all feedback and push it straight back onto Kickstarter in a few weeks  :sachi:  I find it pretty amusing that they decided that they needed to make a Prefundia page but don't seem to understand the reason behind a Prefundia page.  If you don't change anything after getting feedback, it's just a preview of the Kickstarter where you can't pledge anything, which is a waste of time for everyone involved.

It's pretty obvious that this company doesn't care enough to make a good Kickstarter so we shouldn't care either. There will still be those people who are unwilling to learn Japanese and will fund it because of their laziness, but we should just leave this one be and forget this ever happened.

Just now, Crayten said:

Well its nothing new that there a plenty of the japanese companies that give a flying fuck about feedback from outside and this kickstarter/prefundia is a prime example of this attitude.    

They basically see the West as a source of exploitation and could care less if the Kickstarter looks good or not. It's like they think we'll fund any Kickstarter as long as the VN behind it has a good reputation. That kind of attitude really pisses me off and it sucks that that's a common attitude from VN companies.

It gets better.  I tried out the game on mobage on my Android phone.  The first scene with the heroines has no voice.  In addition, upon login I was treated to a "login bonus" of store credits and something about a Gatcha system.  The game appears to be "free to play".

What is JAPAN CONTENTS INC. even trying to bring over?

Just now, sanahtlig said:

It gets better.  I tried out the game on mobage on my Android phone.  The first scene with the heroines has no voice.  In addition, upon login I was treated to a "login bonus" of store credits and something about a Gatcha system.  The game appears to be "free to play".

What is JAPAN CONTENTS INC. even trying to bring over?

And I thought my hopes couldn't be any lower...

My comment regarding no voice thing, er...... at least it could compress the size of the game itself if you ask me what's the advantage if they port mobage to PC (Although if the game size was same as PC and it still didn't had voice, well I think it's understandable if VN fan throw a tantrum to the localization company itself). To be honest, if the mobile version will really had no voice for throughout all 5 chapters just like the first scene that's actually understandable since normally mobile version had little size to adapt smaller size of phone storage iirc.

Anyway, I think for mobile to PC port I still forgive if they need to cut H-Scene, but if they port voiceless version to PC while they also had original PC version, no comment other than hope the project was failed (And it's also a shame because we had many talented seiyuu like Kawashima Rino and Isshiki Hikaru). This is also not Mangagamer case either which back there they need to cut the voice for Koihime Musou and Kara no Shoujo because of licensing cost (Probably) and they probably didn't had enough budget back there. While in here I think the localization team could count how much cost for licensing seiyuu and made a demand on Kickstarter (Of course they need to take the campaign very seriously) to cover it.

My conclusion for this would be if they campaign for mobile version port which had disadvantage with no voice, I think I'll just hope it'll be failed and the localization team learned from their mistake (Although if I'll play this game or not with crappy mobile port later is another matter there).

I think assuming that the English version will be a straight copy of the Japanese Mobage version with low res art and no voices goes a bit too far.

From the Kicksarter page:

We want to make an English version of the currently released Japanese Mobage version of Chushingura46+1.
In this, we want to include original content that isn’t in the Japanese version

So they DO add additional content from the original version. Naturally, it would have been great if they would have specified 'what' content exactly. But I consider it highly unlikely that they release a version with low resolution art since they would gain nothing from it. There are no license fees for art (yet). The voices are a valid concern though since they might want to lower the Kickstarter target by omitting those. 

It's unfortunate that they don't seem to have anyone available versed in English yet, so they probably can't understand and react on feedback. The Prefundia page looks a bit like they had to ask the friend of the uncle of the girlfriend of the writers grandma who happens to know at least a bit of English. I mean, who the heck forgets the period in every second sentence?! I guess their supposed translation team isn't available until they can offer them the $$$ from the successful Kickstarter campaign. For that reason they'll probably only understand feedback if it's written in Japanese.

No, ty. Here I thought it's a VN version, good thing VN version is safe for now(probably). I hope they fail KS miserably though. The strange thing is that their Steam version is showing screens from the actual VN? nextninja manages this mobage.

t73yX11.png

EDIT

They should state first what they want to bring over.

We want to make an English version of the currently released Japanese Mobage version of Chushingura46+1.

Why the hell are you promoting it as if it's a VISUAL NOVEL?

No wonder they state they'll take just 6 months to translate this.

I know the wording is vague, but if they truly wanted to bring over the PC version of the game with all of the story in it, they would need WAY more than 6 months. And no, even with 3 pro translators (which, judging from the their campaign, they don't have anyway), 6 months is too much of a stretch for a game of this magnitude.

So yeah, this whole thing is such a mess we're not even sure what they're trying to bring over.

I don't know what they mean by "additional content", bur it doesn't sound like it's going to be th PC version of the game.

Are they trying to scam people by any chance?

*Note: Visuals/assets courtesy of inre, Inc.

The promotional trailer shown on this page is from the PC software version released in Japan, and from the official Youtube channel of ChuShinGra 46+1, provided courtesy of Next Ninja, Ltd.

10 minutes ago, Maxel said:

Are they trying to scam people by any chance?

I suspect it's just a case of poor English, but I admit I'm a bit suspicious as well.

They claim to have all those rewards available for backers, which would require Inre's approval - but there is that small chance it could all just be a lie.

7 hours ago, Maxel said:

They should state first what they want to bring over.

Why the hell are you promoting it as if it's a VISUAL NOVEL?

Maybe that's why they call it a "dating sim" and label it as "simulation" on their Steam Greenlight page.

It's pretty bad when you propose a Kickstarter campaign and it's not clear what the product you're trying to "create" even is.

There are so many things suspect about this and simply poorly done that I'm going to just hope someone organizes a fan translation group for the game because this getting a proper release is extremely unlikely.

9 minutes ago, kyrt said:

There are so many things suspect about this and simply poorly done that I'm going to just hope someone organizes a fan translation group for the game because this getting a proper release is extremely unlikely.

No sane fan translator would ever tackle a VN like ChuSinGura. It's 50+ hours of text to translate which would be torture. Unless there's a really passionate fan TL group that wants to tackle this, I don't see it being TLed.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

No sane fan translator would ever tackle a VN like ChuSinGura. It's 50+ hours of text to translate which would be torture. Unless there's a really passionate fan TL group that wants to tackle this, I don't see it being TLed.

*cough cough* F/sn and Grisaia no Kajitsu (especially Kajitsu) *cough cough*

I mean, you have a point, it's highly unlikely that a fan TL group will pick it up since it's incredibly long, but it's not impossible.  I'd say it's more likely that Inre will C&D it if it gets picked up by a TL group, if anything, since they presumably gave these morons the green light to "translate" it if they get the cash raised, unless this is a complete scam, which would actually make me quite happy  :sachi:

Just now, Zenophilious said:

*cough cough* F/sn and Grisaia no Kajitsu (especially Kajitsu) *cough cough*

I mean, you have a point, it's highly unlikely that a fan TL group will pick it up since it's incredibly long, but it's not impossible.  I'd say it's more likely that Inre will C&D it if it gets picked up by a TL group, if anything, since they presumably gave these morons the green light to "translate" it if they get the cash raised, unless this is a complete scam, which would actually make me quite happy  :sachi:

Like I said, if there is a team that is passionate enough about a VN, they wouldn't care for the length. I'm also hoping this is a scam because if this KS fails and it turns out to be legit, any fan TLs have a risk of being targeted by Inre, basically killing this VN's chances of being translated unless Inre hands the license off to a company that knows what they're doing.

Okay, I just go to erogames forum and see that JAPAN CONTENT response to the commentary at the Disqus here. From the comment, at this moment I think I only understand that at least they will not release mobage version and they'll considering to release demo version. As for demo planning, I think my concern should be the voice for now although it's understandable that the user here would complain if for the example the translation was as bad as Flower (To be honest I didn't had any problem with that though). I think it's better if some user here try to learn what JAPAN want to said by yourselves there.