Sekai Project to host a panel at AOD San Francisco tomorrow, may announce Aokana license

Decay

Their panel is titled "Love is in the air" and they're having Aokana's scenario writer sit in as a guest. By the way, know what Aokana's premise is? The girls freaking FLY THROUGH THE AIR! You do the math. 

The panel is at Noon PST tomorrow. I don't know what kind of livestream/liveblog situation we will have. In a little over 12 hours, @OriginalRen will either have unveiled his master plan to us all, or have his soul utterly crushed, depending on whether or not he has a hand in this.

I guess 4chan was right all along and Ren's just been keeping the patch to himself until he sold out.

#UnoriginalRunExposed

On a more serious note, maybe he was under an NDA but last time I talked to Ren about this project (which was less than a month ago) he definitely mentioned he wasn't involved with SP. Of course there's also the possibility he got involved with them since then.

Agi (the guy who worked on Narcissu) knows Kio Nachi personally and invited him as a guest. Kio was hired on as a freelance worker for Aokana, and therefore probably has no rights for determining if the game can even be localized since it's on sprite to make that decision. If something were to happen, I'd let you know. Astro is keeping me posted if he is able.

43 minutes ago, Clephas said:

*Clephas tilts his head to the side curiously*  And Sekai Project localizing a second-rate charage would matter how?

A lot of people here really like Koichoco, and this is the same people. Also, the timing is mostly right for them to cash in on the anime adaptation.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

A lot of people here really like Koichoco, and this is the same people. Also, the timing is mostly right for them to cash in on the anime adaptation.

True.  Well, it isn't a horrible VN... but I don't think I'll be able to stand it when people start squealing 'Aw, shucks.  Ain't dis the best thing dem guys in dat cuntry wid all doze samoorai whatsits ever made?'

Well this is some horrible news. Hurray for Sekai and its bullsh*t all ages crap. I thought I would be getting to read a VN without machine translations soon and now that is out the door. We all know only the all age version will be available in October. The 18+ version if it comes out at all will be released 6 months later at least. Really guys. You couldn't try to pair up with a good localization company like MangaGamer. Sorry for sounding like a self entitled ahole, but this news has definitely angered me a bit. My anger will pass with some time though.

I think I remember SP talking on their forums about 3 titles (Aokana was in there) and saying they will likely license one of them. Now that Aokana's all-ages version is releasing this month, I wouldn't be so surprised if they did it.

Edit: What happened to their old forums? :komari: 

think i remember some post from astro regarding his work on aokana, where he rambled slightly abit about  unthankful fans and whatsnot, stating he´s considered at one point doing, or trying to push for an official release of it, BUT decided otherwise in the end etc etc etc.
so yeah, official, unofficial, official, unofficial blah bleh blah - yes its his translation - yes he got the right to do whatoever he thinks is best - but clearly saying so from the start or at one point, without suddenly turning tables is what i expect from him on a personal level, non only behaving buisenesswise if possible.

edit: i´m a naive & illusory retard, i know, i know....

35 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

It's Sekai Project i have no doubt on my mind that there's some of that involved even if it's not the main reason :holo:

Even if its not a kickstarter, i refuse to buy games from them as long they dont change their release and info politics about 18+ title. 

3 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

I think I remember SP talking on their forums about 3 titles (Aokana was in there) and saying they will likely license one of them. Now that Aokana's all-ages version is releasing this month, I wouldn't be so surprised if they did it.

Edit: What happened to their old forums? :komari: 

Oh, I remember that too! There was Aokana Tsujidou and Little Busters IIRC.

Just now, Crayten said:

Even if its not a kickstarter i refuse to buy games from them as long they dont change their release and info politics about 18+ title. 

There are many reasons to be pissed at Sekai Project  but that doesn't stop them from appealing to us and begging for our cash on kickstarter :holo: the saddest part being that a lot of us want some of those vn's to get made so sometimes we help or hype and buy them anyways...it's rough

7 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

There are many reasons to be pissed at Sekai Project  but that doesn't stop them from appealing to us and begging for our cash on kickstarter :holo: the saddest part being that a lot of us want some of those vn's to get made so sometimes we help or hype and buy them anyways...it's rough

Thats a decision everyone has to make for himself. If i dont like things a publisher does, i dont support him even if that means not to play some good games. 

Thats also one of the major problems that only happens in the video game industry. People keep buying stuff even if they hate SPs politics/support w/e.

@Kiriririri I think it was LB I was pretty sad, cause I watched anime, and wouldn't want it as much as other two ^^

10 minutes ago, Crayten said:

Even if its not a kickstarter, i refuse to buy games from them as long they dont change their release and info politics about 18+ title. 

Good luck, they said 18+ = Denpasoft

I don't know why they separated them? Maybe VA Key demanded it? Maybe they had some problems... Who knows.. 

I find it strange, when they appeal to one company asking for license approval, the company got the title in All-ages and 18+ what then? They say: Well, we are SP, but we are also Denpasoft, so we would like to release both versions? (O_O) ? Or they just ignore that and go for all-ages (G Senjou *cough* *cough*)