RIP []

Mugi

As I was going to the last episode of Shakugan no Shana, I was met with this:
"Bad news, very bad news. Because of DMCA, almost all videos on [] were deleted. We will reupload new anime of this season, but it will take very looooooooong time to fix all remain episodes. We will not response to messages from now on because our inbox is overload atm."

So, it looks like the best streaming site for animu is dead. Are there any other places close to as good as it was? I know of a couple, but they are complete garbage in comparison.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i only started getting into anime seriously and have added tons of anime there, and now this happens? come on !

please someone give me an alternative now, i used kissanime because the quality was perfect, i know all other websites have shitty quality or don't have all the anime, i am so pissed right now.

Lel. About damn time.  Hopefully they stay down. Good riddance.

KissAnime was fucking worse than almost every other piracy streaming website.  I don't know how many times I lol'd at my virus blocker flagging whenever I got linked to the website.  For shits and giggles to see if it was legit I turned it off and my computer got so much malware by browsing 100 pages it was hilarious.

Honestly, I prefer [] in the first place.  At least they don't bombard you with ridiculous advertisements and try to goad money out of you.

I hope they stay dead for the good of the people who use computers.  At least it will curb the botnets slightly.

Edited by Down
illegal site

KissAnime was fucking worse than almost every other piracy streaming website.  I don't know how many times I lol'd at my virus blocker flagging whenever I got linked to the website.  For shits and giggles to see if it was legit I turned it off and my computer got so much malware by browsing 100 pages it was hilarious.

Honestly, I prefer [] in the first place.  At least they don't bombard you with ridiculous advertisements and try to goad money out of you.

I hope they stay dead for the good of the people who use computers.  At least it will curb the botnets slightly.

Wat

All of my virus software is super sensitive, so the littlest thing will trigger it, also I do a scan with MWB every other day, and never have I once had any problems with viruses/malware on Kissanime, nor have I heard of anyone else having problems like that on there. I don't know why it was so bad for you.

Edited by Down
illegal site

You just browsed way too much pron. Haven't heard of anyone have that same problem.

And horriblesubs is not a streaming site, why did you even count it here...

Btw, they only haven't recovered old anime. The new ones still work just fine.

Edited by Down

Well, that sucks. I hope other sites don't go down with it.
As for myself, I use []. I have no idea how others view it, but I have been using it ever since I've started to watch anime (since my terrible To Love Ru days).
Sure, it might be easier to torrent stuff, but I prefer streaming it. 

If you do plan to visit the site, do as the others say, use AdBlock.

Edited by Down

[] enabled [] and discouraged proper fansubbing efforts because they simply uploaded the first release they found on [] and provided no alternatives. So hey, can't say this is necessarily a bad thing. Well, not that I think fansubbing will suddenly come back in full force, of course it won't, but maybe now that more people will have to go back to using torrents they'll put some effort into finding and downloading the best available subs.

edit: Although I doubt [] is much better about this and they'll probably pick up all the [] users, so my hopes will likely be in vain. 

Edited by Down

I find it kind of curious that VN piracy discussion is banned yet anime piracy is openly discussed and promoted.  I'd like to hear the arguments for this.

The argument is "we're all sleeping at this time of the day and/or not browsing this kind of topic".

Quoting the rules:

1. Don't provide or request illegal sources for copyrighted material, use legal sources instead.

I'm sure you're all very proficient at the secret google no jutsu technique anyway.

• Down locked this topic