Replaying/reading Visual Novels

torbin12

Do you Replay/Reread Visual Novels that you have fully completed?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you redo?

• I have no problems with re-do at all
    • I do not re-do
    • I will only re-do very special (Rated 10) ones

This poll is closed to new votes

So, I was wondering how you guys and gals feel about it? Me Personally, I have no problems with it, I dont mind replaying visual novels, except for gameplay ones usually, cuz the gameplay (usually but not always) tends to be fairly slow and tedious to re-do again and again, but if its not gameplay, then I tend to love re-reading ones that I liked

Post Edit: As for Option 3, I picked number 10 as my number for 'Very Special' as I am the type of person to rate most things that I finish between 6-8, since if I finished it, I feel like I must have enjoyed it, so, in other words, I tend to rate badly :P, but for Option 3, 'Very Special' can consist of whatever number you feel would count as 'Very Special' for you, whether you are a strict rater so it might be lower, or like me, a lax rater it might be higher

I've read some of my favorite books more than once, same for replaying RPGs, mostly from nostalgia I suppose, so I guess I can see myself re-reading some of my favorite visual novels a few years from now.

I know I told myself I would re-read Clannad someday. It felt reeeally long, but damn it was worth it. I don't see myself re-reading it anytime soon because of the lenght, but I'm sure I'll feel like reading it again someday. (Maybe when my japanese gets good enough to be able to read my Memorial Edition!)

I replayed Seasons of Sakura, True Love and Runaway City a couple of times back in the days, but that was mostly because I had nothing else like it available.

Usualy I won't feel I completed a VN until I cleared all routes, but more character based ones I don't mind just finishing a few routes and leaving more for later.

When I was in college, I would replay games I enjoy. Narcissu 1 and 2 I've both read twice. When the PSP game came out, I read them all again. These days, though, I pretty much have no time to ever replay a game again. Of course, the VN's length is a factor, too. Ever17 is really long, so even though I love it, I've never played it a second time.

Well, it hasn't even been a year since I started playing VNs, so right now I wouldn't replay any VN.

Maybe in the future I'll replay some VN like Fate/Stay Night or some other VN that is worth replaying.

The thing is, in most VNs, to complete it you have to play it several times, even if it's just the common route, so when I finish a VN I feel like I've played it several times.

I haven't been playing VNs for avery long time yet so I didn't reread anything so far.

But I do rewatch stuff or reread books and often enjoy it a lot so eventually that'll happen to me.

Although there are various degrees of 'reread/rewatch/replay' value, and I think the replay value for VNs is not extremely high most of the time, sadly.

I often get the urge to replay a VN when I listen to the OST, actually. I've thought about replaying G-senjou no Maou because of that.

Only if it's really good, but even then, at least a couple (5+) of years will have to pass, or however long it takes me to forget all the details. Unless it feels semi-fresh again I usually can't be bothered.

This would essentially be my response. I waited almost two years before rewatching Clannad and even then, some of the details were still too fresh for me to enjoy it completely like I did the first time watching it. I still cried like a little baby, mind you, but it wasn't the buckets of tears like my first experience.

Rewrite (the only VN I actually consider complete, though I still haven't gone back for the Oppai route) won't be replayed for awhile so when I actually do replay it, the scenes will have close to the same impact as they did the first time around.

When it comes to replaying things, I am skeptical of the concept in general. I couldn't vote #3 as I haven't given anything a score of 10/10 yet, and a good deal of the vns I have played have a rating around 8 on vndb so yeah.

When it comes to re-experiencing a vn, there are a few reasons I'd consider:

Journey: There's actually a book I have re-read a fuckload of times, it's by Terry Pratchett and about Australian stereotypes and random stuff. It's comedy, and knowing the basic plot doesn't mean that I remember all the jokes; thus it's quite worth it.

Memory: Sometimes I read through vns when I am very tired, and somewhat miss out on or at least can't recall afterward the details of what I read. Yeah, I don't really like it either.

Analysis: Sometimes, I feel it's worth to re-read a route to analyze it more (did this with Hanako in KS actually, maybe I should do Rin one day when I feel like self-mutilation). Thinking of that, Fal in Symphonic Rain was a really interesting character, maybe I should give her the same treatment.

I think I'll re-read some of CLANNAD (but not afterstory) once the new TL comes out (god knows when it will given that tomoyo after memorial isn't even out yet), I can't remember some of the side-routes that well. Otherwise, well, I still have a few vns I haven't read to go through before that :P.

I'm not above a replay for those VNs that really strike a chord with me. Off hand, Fate/Stay Night, Eien no Aselia, and Utawarerumono fall under that category. I'm sure there are a few others, but those are the first that spring to my mind. They're not perfect by any means, but something about them just connected with me.

I'm not above a replay for those VNs that really strike a chord with me. Off hand, Fate/Stay Night, Eien no Aselia, and Utawarerumono fall under that category. I'm sure there are a few others, but those are the first that spring to my mind. They're not perfect by any means, but something about them just connected with me.

Yeah, I first played Utawarerumono on the PC and recently replayed it on the PSP. It's a great game with endearing characters!

When it comes to re-experiencing a vn, there are a few reasons I'd consider:

Journey: There's actually a book I have re-read a fuckload of times, it's by Terry Pratchett and about Australian stereotypes and random stuff. It's comedy, and knowing the basic plot doesn't mean that I remember all the jokes; thus it's quite worth it.

Memory: Sometimes I read through vns when I am very tired, and somewhat miss out on or at least can't recall afterward the details of what I read. Yeah, I don't really like it either.

Analysis: Sometimes, I feel it's worth to re-read a route to analyze it more (did this with Hanako in KS actually, maybe I should do Rin one day when I feel like self-mutilation). Thinking of that, Fal in Symphonic Rain was a really interesting character, maybe I should give her the same treatment.

Oh same here. Also if I feel like I haven't appreciated or understood a part of the vn (referring to Hoshimemo and Cross Channel respectively)

The vns I've reread was Little Busters! (partially, although I'm on my 3rd readthrough of Refrain), one route from (P)lanets, and RE: Alistair.

• 2 weeks later...

I replay VN's all the time. Every fifth VN I play is a replay.

I'm exactly the same way. My VN play log says I replay one every 5.15 games.

I often get the urge to replay a VN when I listen to the OST, actually. I've thought about replaying G-senjou no Maou because of that.

Me, too. That's probably why I end up replaying Katawa Shoujo and a few others (including G-Senjou, for sure. Great OST) so often.

I'm exactly the same way. My VN play log says I replay one every 5.15 games.

Me, too. That's probably why I end up replaying Katawa Shoujo and a few others (including G-Senjou, for sure. Great OST) so often.

Hmm...you guys seem to have the replay down to almost a necessary play function :P I've been in a little bit of a VN rut, maybe I should try replaying Katawa Shoujo :P

No, but really though, Im playing Galaxy Angel right now (from Fuwanovel) so far it seems pretty good, and I am enjoying it pretty well.