What are you playing?

reading dies irae with a pc98 emulator, I'm trying to hook the text but so far no luck, I did manage to get the memory location to where all the text is coming from but i cant create the h-code and make it work with ith >_>

You sure you have the right game? :P

I'm trying to play this one https://vndb.org/v8797 :P 

0fE1wMm.jpg

but i cant get to hook the text :(  btw the game is actually really good

reading dies irae with a pc98 emulator, I'm trying to hook the text but so far no luck, I did manage to get the memory location to where all the text is coming from but i cant create the h-code and make it work with ith >_>

0fE1wMm.jpg

#TRANSLATEDIESIRAE2K15

0fE1wMm.jpg

This vn is so old, I probably didn't even know anime, visual novels, or even Japan existed when this came out. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

0fE1wMm.jpg

This vn is so old, I probably didn't even know anime, visual novels, or even Japan existed when this came out. 

YU-NO is from the same year, snatcher is even older from 88 I think :P and I love those vns. Old-school FTW :Teeku:

0fE1wMm.jpg

YU-NO is from the same year, snatcher is even older from 88 I think :P and I love those vns. Old-school FTW :Teeku:

Yeah I kinda figured, although YU-NO looked a lot more polished and modern for its time. Speaking of YU-NO, I heard 5pb. picked it up (they did Stein's;Gate) and will do a remake next year. Looking forward to it!

https://vndb.org/v16546

P.S. R.I.P. Elf! Your legacy lives on! 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

0fE1wMm.jpg

I know, the joke was just too good to pass up :P

where can i get it, google isn't helping >_>

NPTH is a modification of the (best) PC98 emulator Neko Project (NP) with the added feature of being hookable by every text hooker (TH).
If you're interested in reading more PC98 games or other old school eroge, I recommend to look into the official PC98 threads on vndb where some people including me talk about setting up and hooking old eroge. ^^ Essential knowledge for old school eroge reader like NPTH is mentioned there in detail. ^^

where can i get it, google isn't helping >_>

NPTH is a modification of the (best) PC98 emulator Neko Project (NP) with the added feature of being hookable by every text hooker (TH).
If you're interested in reading more PC98 games or other old school eroge, I recommend to look into the official PC98 threads on vndb where some people including me talk about setting up and hooking old eroge. ^^ Essential knowledge for old school eroge reader like NPTH is mentioned there in detail. ^^

Good stuff. Now time to ride my Delorean and read some oldies.

Gonna start round 3 vs. Cartagra KnS KnS2, if I fail to finish these by the end of the year I'll get this account permabanned and start anew

Quoting this for posterity.

I bet that he wont finish them, ladies and gentlemen: place your bets

I WIN!@#

Now time to go VNless for another year, though with all the talk of euphoria lately I may jump into that next.

Shall we make another bet :illya:

Gonna start round 3 vs. Cartagra KnS KnS2, if I fail to finish these by the end of the year I'll get this account permabanned and start anew

Quoting this for posterity.

I bet that he wont finish them, ladies and gentlemen: place your bets

I WIN!@#

Now time to go VNless for another year, though with all the talk of euphoria lately I may jump into that next.

Shall we make another bet :illya:

we lost :( but nobody bet with me so i didn't loose anything :rimu:

Congrats on finishing all the novels :Teeku: 

Euphoria mmm if you finished kara no shoujo 1-2 you will finish this one so not betting for me this time:sachi:

I just finished Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, was a great read. The story starts out pretty normal, and then it takes a drastic turn and keeps you wondering what its about. There is an enforced play order that slowly unravels bits and pieces and you play through the different routes.(I started making wild predictions when I finished the first route,was a little off, but oh well).The true route ending is superb as it concludes it in a really nice way(IMO),the characters were interesting and especially Kenny, kept me entertained when I was bored and gave me quite a good laughs, BGM was quite nice,the romance is nice ,the art is of course nice,  ...because its one of the more recent VNs published, there is quite a lot of repeated text, the kind where you have already read but you can't skip because its a new route, but you can control through that I guess. I don't understand why the anime adaptation has such a low score,maybe they did a really bad job.Its pretty light-hearted in general, but also has its serious moments. 

Going to read Aiyoku no Eustia next, I heard this one has a supposed healing effect that will heal up the scars from some of the more darker VNs. This protag happens to have voice acting :D , that is a nice bonus to have around. 

I'm kind of surprised how many people hate Rika. Sure, she's an annoying piece of shit, but I felt like she also had the most character development out of the entire cast (in various directions). I felt like she got kind of likeable during her route, but it was a long time since I've read it.

I'm kind of surprised how many people hate Rika. Sure, she's an annoying piece of shit, but I felt like she also had the most character development out of the entire cast (in various directions). I felt like she got kind of likeable during her route, but it was a long time since I've read it.

That's definitely true. I could argue that she needed that character development the most though, so it's only natural.

I'd say the entire point of Rika outside her route is in making the reader feel bad about not feeling bad when stuff happens to her. :devil: