What are you playing?

Well as far as liking the girl goes, yeah I did like Kanae the most but you can't select her the first time. And I didn't have anything for or against any of the other girls except Nemu. While I won't say I hated her, but her attitude did annoy me. When to comes to such annoying/arrogant/manipulative ones, let's just say that I share the protag's sentiments.   

~~
I didn't know about the route revelations and stuff before. Since Nemu's route spoils Rika and Natsuki's, I'll put it on hold for now. I always read through all the routes and try to 100% as much as possible(somewhat of a completionist), so skipping the routes isn't something I'll be doing. Doing the true route last is something that I generally follow, so I'll be saving Kanae for the end.

Is there any preference which route I should do first between Rika and Natsuki ?   

Nemu's route doesn't "spoil" Rika & Natsuki's; it just reveals alot more than theirs, they don't reveal anything at all :P (well, besides the post-common route shenanigans, but all routes reveal that)

As for Rika vs. Natsuki, doesn't matter. If anything it comes down to whiney kouhai vs. calm sensei. But yeah, I'm a completionist myself and I found their routes to be sooo KLFJDSKLASJKLDSJFKLAS boring, so hopefully with all of my complaining you'll get reverse-hyped and end up saying "yeah, even though the same shit happens except with a different heroine and I learned nothing new, it wasn't all that bad!@#"

~~
Hi five, I'm glad you like Kanae the most 
:rimu:, you're a good person. Nemu can go rot

Well then I'll go with Rika for now(for some reason I get the feeling that Natsuli's route will be the most boring).
For now the plan is-
Rika->Nemu->Natsuki->Rinne->Kanae
Though I might end up going back and forth with Nemu's route if Rika's ends up being too boring.
Yeah and thanks to you now my expectations of Rika and Natsuki's route is non-existent.

*Glares at you angrily*

How ... dare you! Nemu best girl, 11/10 times. :saber:

*FinalChaos, do NOT read this!*  

Hidden Content

Well........ you do know that is NOT the way to dissuade a curious soul. 

I somehow managed to confine my curious cat in Schrodinger's box, and satisfied myself by just opening and closing the spoiler at mach speed. 

You're all wrong, Rinne best girl! Sure,

she is a little bit crazy and you're technically her dad (well, half-dad sounds about right, consult research notes for the exact value), but she's lovely and cuddly and wants your kids... and her mom is a bit on the quiet side, but still delightful company.

Regarding the euphoria route order; I would not recommend reading Nemu und Kanae last.
Reading Kanae immediately after Nemu will make the first half of Kanae's route look like a redundant copy of Nemu's. Also, Rika's route is a pretty bad introduction to the "second half" of the novel. It does not get the pivotal point of the story across.
I recommend doing Nemu's route first. It has the best introduction to the second half and ends with a profound cliffhanger. (I like to think about Nemu's and Kanae's routes as the framework of the story, embedding everything else.)
The other three routes before the true one are essentially filler material. Rinne has the most story, Rika and Natsuki are not as important. Rika is a good light read after Nemu. Then get yourself some story again with Rinne's route. It also has Rika, so it's perfect after that. Even though Natsuki's route isn't as story-heavy as Rinne's, it's more important for the true end. So best read immediately before Kanae.
For the best reading experience, my recommended route order for euphoria is: Nemu --> Rika --> Rinne --> Natsuki --> Kanae.

Swan Song.

I don't know the ending structures, but I got an end where

Kuwagata & vigilante corps raid the Daichi Society and wipe everybody out, with Kuwagata claiming he'll build a new society for the world afterwards.

Overall his transition to a powercrazed madman did not disappoint, he was able to get a glorious defeat from Tanomura, bang his ex-crush Yuka by force, and lead his forces to victory.

Did not like that Tsukasa got killed off-screen though, was expecting 1v1, maybe another end. And the making Aroe his "pet" though was just no. 

~~
Tanomura's awesome, his downfall & getting usurped by Kuwagata was some legit Naruto's Itachi situation,  and his 'fession scene with Hibari just too cute. These two are the most normal people of them all, screw everybody else, just killing and sexing each other.

Swan Song.

I don't know the ending structures, but I got an end where

Hidden Content

That's the bad end before the true bad end, or the normal end, or whatever you want to call it.  Go back and make some different choices if you want to see the normal end.  It's pretty damn good and definitely worth seeing.  If you still need help getting to it, I'd just use a walkthrough.  There are quite a few bad ends.

Kuwagata is the best character, IMO, even though he's such a disgusting bastard.  The way the writers get you to sympathize with him over time and then slowly turn him into a monster via justifiable self-defense to straight up murder was just great.

finally gotten back to reading Hoshizora no memoria after fiddling around with some other stuff <and deciding on my next read> and started aoi's route <I am determined to see this vn through to the end and after that reading ren's review>

just a small little curiosity, is Isuzu voiced by two actors? I sometimes get the feeling in some scenes she sounds different than in the common route, tho that might just be bad sound mixing or just me being a bakabaka

finally gotten back to reading Hoshizora no memoria after fiddling around with some other stuff <and deciding on my next read> and started aoi's route <I am determined to see this vn through to the end and after that reading ren's review>

just a small little curiosity, is Isuzu voiced by two actors? I sometimes get the feeling in some scenes she sounds different than in the common route, tho that might just be bad sound mixing or just me being a bakabaka

I don't believe so, no.  VNDB only lists one voice actress, and it's been translated for a while, so odds are it's correct.

Currently playing Baldr Sky Dive 2.

Was expecting to start Makoto's route today but then I realised I need to read through the 記憶遡行 scenes to unlock her route. So many more days until Gray Christmas T.T

For me the final route was worth it going through all the memory regression. 

(It actually gives you the complete story on the past and all the flashbacks start making sense) And also you skip half of the days so its not as bad as you might think.

And the final route is so awesome that it will be worth all the time you invested getting there!

Swan Song's done (Normal end)

That was a good detox from KnS, but idk why, my heart feels heavy again, and there's tears down my face, but I'm satisfied, and have absolutely no interest in seeing the "good" end.

Relevant (Swan Song spoilers)

Mind elaborating a bit on your thoughts about it?  I'm fairly interested about what you have to say.

Mind elaborating a bit on your thoughts about it?  I'm fairly interested about what you have to say.

Damn, thought I could get away w.o posting some misc. thoughts this time :P (just lazy

And wow, there was a Swan Song VN Club? I wonder if I posted there during my "herpa derp, I'll read this" phase >.>

~~
Swan Song Normal End Misc. Thoughts

Tanomura x Hibari are fking adorable, their H-scene was fking adorable, and Hibari running over to hug Aroe w.o her underwear was fking adorable. But oh gawd, why does Tanomura have to die shortly after ;-;.

Should've killed Kuwagata when he had the chance earlier, but he was a nice guy to the very end. His "because you are my friend" scene was one of the more powerful scenes in this VN imo.
T5NS1U9.png (795×142)
I thus expected a grand 2nd round b/w him and Kuwagata, but nope, he gets cheesed by smoke and then dies off screen. RIP.

~~
Hibari's subsequent breakdown and Tsukasa's handling of it was also one of my favorite scenes. We all know tsunderes and how they really feel compared to what they actually say, but I legit couldn't tell for a moment if she really did give up that moment

o7cGEOK.png (796×189)
Uh huh. Suuure :illya: 

~~
No NO no NO NO you idiots! Don't go back to negotiate!@#

As much as I complained earlier that I wanted the story to shift to be about the internal conflicts in their society and Kuwagata 1v1ing Tsukasa, I knew right away that this final showdown could only end in bloodshed.

Hibari getting raped by Kuwagata 2x disturbed the fk outta me since she's my favorite character, and you won't believe how ironically relieved I was that the bloody towel Yuka unwrapped was Tsukasa's arm.. Isn't that funny? "Whew! At least it's not his head!"

~~
Why did they give you the 3x "use the spear / try to talk it out" choices LOL, really broke the tension/immersion of the scene, especially with the ding ding ding noise vs. buzzer if you choose to talk it out and die.
(I got baited and chose talk it out on the 3rd time)
zzXHuXM.png (796×71)
ggez

~~
Yuka's interrogation of Kuwagata was beautifully done (especially when you factor in the later revelation of how she was able to manipulate countless men with her fake personality). It's extremely rare nowadays to get to see inside the minds of villains and their thought process, and it was interesting to see if he could be able to have a change of heart this late into the game (too bad Nozomi ruins the moment). 
BiBNu3p.png (360×580)
I naturally really really REALLY hate Kuwagata, but can also fully appreciate his character & role in the story. He's one of the better antagonists out there for sure.

~~
Legit cried HARD during this moment:
4vnXmBU.png (793×289)
Don't cry, Hibari... everything will be... okay............. ;-;

~~
Got my Kuwagata vs. Tsukasa 1v1, am satisfied.
KlrcsTn.png (789×384)
I call hax, Tsukasa, you spent the whole game spamming "I see" towards errbody, you can't all of a sudden understand Kuwagata now!!@#

~~
Didn't really care for Yuka revelations; they ultimately didn't help make her character leave an impact on me, though I guess it does certainly explain why she was able to keep a straight/emotionless face in many of her bad ends. All in all, she made for some pretty good eye candy, so she's cool. *Cough*yes-that's-all-that-matters.

~~
RIP Aroe, worst poster girl ever, should've just put the entire cast on the cover amirite :makina:
XcG5IA8.png (776×155)
While she didn't have much impact on the story itself, that's actually the point and why it's pretty damn tragic. Aroe just lived her life, completely innocent and oblivious to the hell that the world was in. Many of the bad ends where she mimics the last words of friend and foe alike gave me chills.

~~
Then Tsukasa dies and the music starts fading as he has his last thoughts playing in slow motion and that's when I bawled.
hd9OtW0.png (674×246)

~~
I read the true end btw, after solidifying to my mind that the Normal End would be my canon end so I would be immune to any feeling robbed of an excellent tragedy.

Outside of everything being resolved too easily (let's be fair, if this was the Normal End, if the group went back to the school, even with Kuwagata hostage and confessing, they would've all died), the only comment I have to say is:

Ohhh, so that's why Taeko has the same hair & eye color as Tsukasa. Life makes sense :makina:.
DPIrT3y.png (785×239)
Really cute how she calls him Onii-chan, btw.

~~

That is all. 8/10.

Regarding the euphoria route order; I would not recommend reading Nemu und Kanae last.
Reading Kanae immediately after Nemu will make the first half of Kanae's route look like a redundant copy of Nemu's. Also, Rika's route is a pretty bad introduction to the "second half" of the novel. It does not get the pivotal point of the story across.
I recommend doing Nemu's route first. It has the best introduction to the second half and ends with a profound cliffhanger. (I like to think about Nemu's and Kanae's routes as the framework of the story, embedding everything else.)
The other three routes before the true one are essentially filler material. Rinne has the most story, Rika and Natsuki are not as important. Rika is a good light read after Nemu. Then get yourself some story again with Rinne's route. It also has Rika, so it's perfect after that. Even though Natsuki's route isn't as story-heavy as Rinne's, it's more important for the true end. So best read immediately before Kanae.
For the best reading experience, my recommended route order for euphoria is: Nemu --> Rika --> Rinne --> Natsuki --> Kanae.

I think i'll go with your recommendation.  

Astralair. Finally finished Korona route.

Well, route itself was OK-ish. Some somewhat reasonable plot, a bit of romance, nice closure. But the epilogue? The hell was that? Did the writer realised that there was not enough shitness in that route compared to others and decided to throw a huge pile of dung at least to the epilogue?

Just...

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Well I came down with a cold yesterday and have been stuck at home all day. Started playing Princess evagile after taking a small break from tick! tack! Ended up loving it and I´m now on chapter 12 in one play session x_X 

When I looked up from the screen just now I swear I saw Rise standing in my room. (Think thats my queue to stop playing) :michiru: 

Anyways, yeah like I said I really like it so far. Its light and a little predictable, but still keeps me laughing. Really like the goofy comedy and ... colorful characters. Looking forward to the routes. Gonna do Rise first, (giggity), cuz pink hair = instant win. (Though Chiho comes in close second because... twintails!) 

Damn, thought I could get away w.o posting some misc. thoughts this time :P (just lazy

And wow, there was a Swan Song VN Club? I wonder if I posted there during my "herpa derp, I'll read this" phase >.>

~~
Swan Song Normal End Misc. Thoughts

Hidden Content

He he he.  I got you to not be lazy  :mare:  I'll go back to this post and edit in a response later, when I'm back home.

Sorry Zen-kun but I still feel like knocking out a few smaller VNs so I'm taking on Sekien no Inganock + Shikkoku no Sharnoth

@Decay, advice please :kosame: 

6_1.jpg

From what I've heard, the reading order doesn't really matter all that much.  Inganock is the first, Sharnoth is the second, and Gahkthun is the third, if you really want to read them in order.  I think there are a few more in the Steampunk series, but I don't think they're TL'd yet.  I found Inganock a little hard to read, though, which is why I still haven't finished it yet.  Might just be me and my preferred style of writing, though.  It's definitely worth a read, from what I did read.

From what I've heard, the reading order doesn't really matter all that much.  Inganock is the first, Sharnoth is the second, and Gahkthun is the third, if you really want to read them in order.  I think there are a few more in the Steampunk series, but I don't think they're TL'd yet.  I found Inganock a little hard to read, though, which is why I still haven't finished it yet.  Might just be me and my preferred style of writing, though.  It's definitely worth a read, from what I did read.

In terms of overall series release order, Inganock is second, Sharnoth is third, and Gahkthun is sixth. But yeah, the other three aren't translated yet.