What are you playing?

And Aroe, bless her soul, is currently #1 contender for knocking out LB!'s Komari off the top of my Most Dreaded Character to Listen to list. 

After a little while, I actually got used to and even liked Komari's voice. Aroe's, on the other hand, just made me want to smash my tablet until the sounds stopped. It sounds like you're around the same place I was in the novel when I started to feel attached to the cast, realized I really didn't want to see terrible things happen to them, and dropped it.

After a little while, I actually got used to and even liked Komari's voice. Aroe's, on the other hand, just made me want to smash my tablet until the sounds stopped. It sounds like you're around the same place I was in the novel when I started to feel attached to the cast, realized I really didn't want to see terrible things happen to them, and dropped it.

Ye, I'm just giving Komari more flak because she's actually the only character ever in my VN reading history pre-Aroe to outright annoy me with her voice :nervous:

Side note: you expressed interest earlier, but you should definitely stay away from Cartagra + KnS if you don't want to see terrible things happen to beloved characters 

Though, one day when you're ready to graduate from the innocent blisses of happy highschools and start dabbling in the tabooey death n' tragedy, I'd recommend starting with Corpse Party; it's like the perfect VN to make the transition.  I probably wouldn't have gotten out of KnS unscathed* (read: depressed) if I wasn't already "desensitized" to characters dying thanks to Corpse Party :ph34r:

*I still burned through like 50 boxes of tissues in the heat of the moment though

~~~
Welp, I reverse-logic'd myself and decided not to let whiney Swan Song boy equip a weapon, so based on the ending I got for not doing so he really is destined to become legendary.

Atto Terzo Scena 2. So like, Act 3 Scene 2? Swan Song

Eyy Foreshadowing 101 :sachi:

ptfA4Kq.png (817×648)

So far the episodic conflicts-of-the-week are pretty meh, Act 1's police officers, then Act 2's random thugs and now Act 3's religious cult. I'm hoping late game will have a glorious internal strife among the main cast rather than outside fodder.

I'd like to see Kuwagata 1v1ing Tsukasa over Yuka or something

jk

~~
Seems Kuwagata got the most growth so far, went from whiney-boy to hardened-justice-man pretty quickly, I enjoyed him stabbing random thug #2 to save Nozomi and then him later 1v2ing them to save Yuka+Aroe, though obviously he gets one-upped by Tsukasa axing random thug #3 right down the face.

Tanomura is the typical overpowered pacifist, and I have high expectations as to how his character will shutdown later (if at all). If not, boo.

Hibari's kinda just living out her days along with Aroe, but she still provides top notch banter.

Yuka's just there for the eye candy, seriously after every dangerous moment she'll bang Tsukasa 5 seconds after, it's like BOSS FIGHT Cleared, let's do it!@# friggen' hilarious.

Finished Majikoi S. 100 % completed. I was afraid after reading Margit's and Kokoro's routes but actually it was very entertaining (thanks to the Tsubame, Koyuki and maybe Monshiro). Having said that, I must admit that that this VN is gangrened by too much fanservice (some H-scenes were nice and/or funny but seriously...TOO MUCH, TOO LONG : more than than 50% of the novel, I think). And, to my mind, a significant part of the story was too rushed, almost botched...In other words, I'm slighly frustrated.

Edited by Canicheslayer

Finished Last Resort a while ago. It was alright, art was the nicest thing about it. Wataru still best gril. Also started Koichoco more recently. Not really that big on any of the characters so far, but I'm gonna keep reading anyway.

Finished Majikoi S. 100 % completed. I was afraid after reading Margit's and Kokoro's routes but actually it was very entertaining (thanks to the Tsubame, Koyuki and maybe Monshiro). Having said that, I must admit that that this VN is gangrened by too much fanservice (some H-scenes were nice and/or funny but seriously...TOO MUCH, TOO LONG : more than than 50% of the novel, I think). And, to my mind, a significant part of the story was too rushed, almost botched...In other words, I'm slighly frustrated.

I was outright skipping the H-scenes by the end. I usually just skim through them quickly, but even that wasn't enough. The actual skip function was needed.

I was outright skipping the H-scenes by the end. I usually just skim through them quickly, but even that wasn't enough. The actual skip function was needed.

Similarly, I Skip a fair amount of them (in Margrit  Route and After Stories, specifically).

. Having said that, I must admit that that this VN is gangrened by too much fanservice (some H-scenes were nice and/or funny but seriously...TOO MUCH, TOO LONG : more than than 50% of the novel, I think). And, to my mind, a significant part of the story was too rushed, almost botched...In other words, I'm slighly frustrated.

That sucks, probably won't read it then. Is the true route decent without too many H-scenes? Or are any routes like that? I like a good story and don't like the rest.

I just started Kohime Musou, and surprisingly, i like it alot( so far), the talk of war and tactics and the duels between the generals are pretty good stuff,it was historically accurate for a bit, then it took a sharp turn and I have no clue what is going to happen next.The battle scenes can be a real pain if you don't know what your doing, but if you have a grip on it, you can shorten the time by half or more, it is kind of repetitive, but I guess you get used to it after a while. 

. Having said that, I must admit that that this VN is gangrened by too much fanservice (some H-scenes were nice and/or funny but seriously...TOO MUCH, TOO LONG : more than than 50% of the novel, I think). And, to my mind, a significant part of the story was too rushed, almost botched...In other words, I'm slighly frustrated.

That sucks, probably won't read it then. Is the true route decent without too many H-scenes? Or are any routes like that? I like a good story and don't like the rest.

Majikoi S is pretty good, but compared to the original, there is way too much H, and there is no true route, since the unofficial "true route" was in the original Majikoi. The game still has a lot of content within it and can entertain you for a period of time( I skipped all H scenes and still spent like 30 hours on the game).There is 2 interesting routes filled with goodies,but in general, there is not as much action or events as the original Majikoi, since the original has an event( kawakami battle or war,if I recall correctly) every main heroine route, while S has less.You should give it a try if you haven't yet.

Majikoi S is pretty good, but compared to the original, there is way too much H, and there is no true route, since the unofficial "true route" was in the original Majikoi. The game still has a lot of content within it and can entertain you for a period of time( I skipped all H scenes and still spent like 30 hours on the game).There is 2 interesting routes filled with goodies,but in general, there is not as much action or events as the original Majikoi, since the original has an event( kawakami battle or war,if I recall correctly) every main heroine route, while S has less.You should give it a try if you haven't yet.

The way you just explained it doesn't really make me want to try it lol. It just doesn't sound like something I'd like. The Kawakami battle was good, and the true route was great. Other than that, I didn't think it was that good.

The way you just explained it doesn't really make me want to try it lol. It just doesn't sound like something I'd like. The Kawakami battle was good, and the true route was great. Other than that, I didn't think it was that good.

Clearly, if you're not a fan of Majkoi, I'm not sure you can appreciate Majikoi S (too bad, the Koyuki Route is wonderful) :amane:

Couldn't bear all these Euphoria discussions, so I ended up playing it too.

Going for Nemu's route first, and till now the stuff is within bearable levels. 
I just hope that they give us a good reason for Nemu's behaviour.     

since u are reading Nemu's first I recommend going Kanae's after and skipping the other routes (or at least breezing through and getting their H scenes), cuz they really have nothing to offer after Nemu's and it'll just be alooooootta repeating 'cept you already know what's going on(ish)

u likey Nemu btw? I hated her, she has nothing vs. Kanae. Kanae is life. Rinne's aight. Rika is trash

edit: actually, u can probably read Rinne's after Nemu so u can get some extra WTFs before you go Kanae(true) route which will explain everything

Rika and Natsuki's won't reveal anything and you'll just go through the motions, hence their redundancy if u go Nemu first

I finished all the Kansen (Infection) games. I didn't play Kansen Ball Buster because all I saw were really bad reviews on it and one guy even mentioned this shit was so horrendous, it didn't even feel like part of the series. I'll take his word on it. For the main 5 games, I'll rank them like this:

3 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 2

2 was probably the weakest, just because it didn't have the typical direct relationship when entering a heroine's route (felt like the protag was still on friend zone) and had the weakest cast of survivors. :yumiko: Also 2 missed potentials for additional heroines and they were merely treated as extras/zombie fodder. Even if 1 was slightly better than it due to better setting and more interesting cast. 

3 was clearly the best of all the Kansen games. If you just want a quick preview of a real zombie survival visual novel, this is all you need. The protagonist Wataru is really charming and has a rather amazing character growth as he goes through the ordeal of zombie survival with his company. The routes with each heroine had the best writing in the series and Wataru really connects with each of them, especially with Yuuho and Margarita (she has a sexy Engrish English/Spanish accent!) :sachi: 

I love the QTE/timed choices in the game. I was using a walkthrough, but I still had to be quick on my fingers and read really fast. I thought it was a nice way of putting yourself on their shoes because you don't really have all day to make a decision in an infection/zombie apocalypse setting. You gotta be quick on your feet or become meat! :wahaha: I also love the Aspect Switching feature of the game where it switches perspectives of the story amongst characters. This is a great way to do narratives/storytelling in VNs and I hope more VNs would use it, like Kansen (Princess Evangile sometimes did it too). It's nice to show what other people are thinking/doing, not just the protagonist. 

I might need to take a break from vns for now as workload caught up with me. These 5 games took almost 2 weeks of my time reading. They were well worth the $105 I spent on the set and it's nice to accessorize my vn collection shelf with some real survival horror vns. :wafuu: 

Some recommended me XX of the Dead: https://vndb.org/v17377 I read more on it and it has a rather interesting setting since the ANTAGONIST is the main heroine (or possibly one of the routes)? (I was like what?) I'm kinda intrigue how that's gonna go, so I will definitely start reading on that after my break. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Couldn't bear all these Euphoria discussions, so I ended up playing it too.

Going for Nemu's route first, and till now the stuff is within bearable levels. 
I just hope that they give us a good reason for Nemu's behaviour.     

since u are reading Nemu's first I recommend going Kanae's after and skipping the other routes (or at least breezing through and getting their H scenes), cuz they really have nothing to offer after Nemu's and it'll just be alooooootta repeating 'cept you already know what's going on(ish)

u likey Nemu btw? I hated her, she has nothing vs. Kanae. Kanae is life. Rinne's aight. Rika is trash

edit: actually, u can probably read Rinne's after Nemu so u can get some extra WTFs before you go Kanae(true) route which will explain everything

Rika and Natsuki's won't reveal anything and you'll just go through the motions, hence their redundancy if u go Nemu first

Well as far as liking the girl goes, yeah I did like Kanae the most but you can't select her the first time. And I didn't have anything for or against any of the other girls except Nemu. While I won't say I hated her, but her attitude did annoy me. When to comes to such annoying/arrogant/manipulative ones, let's just say that I share the protag's sentiments.   

I would at the very least suggest people read Rinne's route before the Kanae route as it opens a different set of mysteries than the Nemu route. Kanae's route is the true route and has all of the answers, so reading that first will render every other route redundant.

I didn't know about the route revelations and stuff before. Since Nemu's route spoils Rika and Natsuki's, I'll put it on hold for now. I always read through all the routes and try to 100% as much as possible(somewhat of a completionist), so skipping the routes isn't something I'll be doing. Doing the true route last is something that I generally follow, so I'll be saving Kanae for the end.

Is there any preference which route I should do first between Rika and Natsuki ?   

Well as far as liking the girl goes, yeah I did like Kanae the most but you can't select her the first time. And I didn't have anything for or against any of the other girls except Nemu. While I won't say I hated her, but her attitude did annoy me. When to comes to such annoying/arrogant/manipulative ones, let's just say that I share the protag's sentiments.   

~~
I didn't know about the route revelations and stuff before. Since Nemu's route spoils Rika and Natsuki's, I'll put it on hold for now. I always read through all the routes and try to 100% as much as possible(somewhat of a completionist), so skipping the routes isn't something I'll be doing. Doing the true route last is something that I generally follow, so I'll be saving Kanae for the end.

Is there any preference which route I should do first between Rika and Natsuki ?   

Nemu's route doesn't "spoil" Rika & Natsuki's; it just reveals alot more than theirs, they don't reveal anything at all :P (well, besides the post-common route shenanigans, but all routes reveal that)

As for Rika vs. Natsuki, doesn't matter. If anything it comes down to whiney kouhai vs. calm sensei. But yeah, I'm a completionist myself and I found their routes to be sooo KLFJDSKLASJKLDSJFKLAS boring, so hopefully with all of my complaining you'll get reverse-hyped and end up saying "yeah, even though the same shit happens except with a different heroine and I learned nothing new, it wasn't all that bad!@#"

~~
Hi five, I'm glad you like Kanae the most 
:rimu:, you're a good person. Nemu can go rot