What are you playing?

Totally triple vn'ing at the moment, got tired of both TtT and Aselia after around two days of each continuously, so I put them down and picked up Cartagra like I said I would.

only on the beginning of the third day so far, like 3 hours I guess? but this story is really fun.  Kazune being really energetic with everything she does is somewhat fun, and Rin is just hilariously entertaining.  So far Rin is top tier relationship material for me, if we are considering real life.  Nana totally acts like me in every respect, and I would probably become fast friends with her.  I was laughing at how she described the murders in her report.  The best moment I had come across so far just happened with Rin on the third day.  Seeing Kazune speechless and her face slowly change was incredible.  I kind of really enjoyed how they force you to manually progress through those expressions, it's kind of like the main character was watching something in slow motion.  A really great use of mechanics of the medium.

Totally triple vn'ing at the moment, got tired of both TtT and Aselia after around two days of each continuously, so I put them down and picked up Cartagra like I said I would.

only on the beginning of the third day so far, like 3 hours I guess? but this story is really fun.  Kazune being really energetic with everything she does is somewhat fun, and Rin is just hilariously entertaining.  So far Rin is top tier relationship material for me, if we are considering real life.  Nana totally acts like me in every respect, and I would probably become fast friends with her.  I was laughing at how she described the murders in her report.  The best moment I had come across so far just happened with Rin on the third day.  Seeing Kazune speechless and her face slowly change was incredible.  I kind of really enjoyed how they force you to manually progress through those expressions, it's kind of like the main character was watching something in slow motion.  A really great use of mechanics of the medium.

You're selling Cartagra to me. It sounds like an awesome game. Especially cause I love the Kara no Shoujo series.

Just finished Ever17 and it really was a mind-blowing experience!

One thing that I was disappointed about was that Sora did not play a major role in the true route. For me Sora was my favorite character because she seemed to truly possess the ability to love despite being an AI. Even though she is an existence that disappears when you close your eyes and she is not tangible, the love between her and Takeshi was definitely something that I felt to be real. Their love truly transcended the physical boundaries and was really one of the best parts for me.

Now, I think after a bit of rest, I'm going to be restarting Baldr Sky because I need something with gameplay after all that reading.

I have this guy who plays VNs in my school and he told me today that he bought Euphoria with his mom's credit card and finished it already, he really liked it. 

Haha, what! Best thing I've read all day. 

Just wait till she asks what that game he bought last month is about. Should be a fun conversation.

Continuing my adventure through the meme murder simulator, Chaos;Child. Done with three chapters so far - they're about the same length as the Chaos;Head chapters, so they're on the longer side. So far, my impressions are kind of mixed. While I think Chaos;Head had a much stronger start when it comes to the suspense and intrigue, most of that comes from the main characteer being a total piece of shit. I loved that about Chaos;Head, and I loved even more how the VN wasn't afraid to straight out make the MC fuck up multiple times like the loser that he was. Now, Chaos;Child doesn't really do this - while the MC still is on the introverted side, there is the main cast that he keeps interacting with, ranging from his friends to family. This creates an entirely different dynamic to the story, focusing more on the interpersonal drama and the fear of getting others involved rather than fear of danger. This leads to a relatively slower pace than Chaos;Head, but at the same time I feel like the VN shows you much more (without really making anything clear) - the author likes to jump between characters quite a lot, even if it is someone completely random, there just to show a (seemingly) unrelated scene. That said I wouldn't say it is worse than C;H, just quite different. The greatly improved prose helps a lot, and some of that creativity also seems to carry over to the murder cases themselves, and the characters in general feeling more complex and fleshed out in this stage of the VN already.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, can't wait to read more.

I'll start Euphoria today or tomorrow. Haven't read much in the last few months (marathoned 10 hours of YU-NO sometime in August/September, lol) except Higurashi CH1.

I do have Watanagashi (Higurashi CH2) downloaded, but I'll wait until the voiceover inclusion patch is finished. I think I'll be playing Kara no Shoujo after this, but I have quite the backlog (2 Zelda games on 3DS, Planescape: Torment on PC, Persona 4 Golden on Vita) so I probably won't be able to get to KnS until February at the earliest.

I'm playing Kansen series atm. I think this is the only vn in existence with a theme of survival horror from sex-crazed "zombies" (I'm a huge Walking Dead fan too). I saw SPEED, the developer of this game selling this whole series in a bundle for quite a generous price so I bought it. It has 5 games and a bonus disc (not sure if this is a fandisc) that are 30+ hour worth of gameplay each, so it might take me a month or so to finish these. I'm only on the first game but so far it's quite engaging; impressive being almost 10 years old.

I love all the countless bad ends you can get on it as well as the "Aspect Switching" (perspective switching) and flow charts to guide you if you are about to approach a grim and merciless gangbang from sex-crazed "zombies" (they aren't exactly dead, just infected). Yes even the male protagonist gets gangbanged by countless of infected sex crazed girls too. :holo:

It has a number of NTR scenes and lots of group sex which were definitely more than enough to make me instant buy the series.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'm playing Kansen series atm. I think this is the only vn in existence with a theme of survival horror from sex-crazed "zombies" (I'm a huge Walking Dead fan too). I saw SPEED, the developer of this game selling this whole series in a bundle for quite a generous price so I bought it. It has 5 games and a bonus disc (not sure if this is a fandisc) that are 30+ hour worth of gameplay each, so it might take me a month or so to finish these. I'm only on the first game but so far it's quite engaging; impressive being almost 10 years old.

I love all the countless bad ends you can get on it as well as the "Aspect Switching" (perspective switching) and flow charts to guide you if you are about to approach a grim and merciless gangbang from sex-crazed "zombies" (they aren't exactly dead, just infected). Yes even the male protagonist gets gangbanged by countless of infected sex crazed girls too. :holo:

It has a number of NTR scenes and lots of group sex which were definitely more than enough to make me instant buy the series.

Of COURSE it is untl'd.

I'm playing Kansen series atm. I think this is the only vn in existence with a theme of survival horror from sex-crazed "zombies" (I'm a huge Walking Dead fan too).

There's https://vndb.org/v6021 & https://vndb.org/v17377. Not quite the same, but they do have the theme of zombie survival. Haven't played any of the Kansen titles so I couldn't say how they compare.

yeah... wish someone would pick this up to translate. It is the only decent zombie apocalypse VN out there (couldnt find any reviews or info on other ones) and it would definitely cater to a growing niche of zombie apocalypse lovers out there (like myself). I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes a hit in the Western market since zombies are kinda the in-thing nowadays.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'm playing Kansen series atm. I think this is the only vn in existence with a theme of survival horror from sex-crazed "zombies" (I'm a huge Walking Dead fan too).

There's https://vndb.org/v6021 & https://vndb.org/v17377. Not quite the same, but they do have the theme of zombie survival. Haven't played any of the Kansen titles so I couldn't say how they compare.

Hmmm from what I've seen with those, they are basically zombies with tentacles so it's more like tentacle rape scenarios in a post apocalyptic setting??? Kansen is more on the infection side and the way the zombies overpower/cause havoc on the characters is by outnumbering them, not through their enhanced strength/tentacle abilities or whatnot... so the former being more my ideal zombie apocalypse setting.

@XReaper: Yup I know what to expect when I marathon/read through an entire vn series. There will be some that are more disappointing than others and luckily I already got an info beforehand here in fuwanovel thanks to those amazing FuwaReviews.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Playing Euphoria at the moment. The story is suprisingly good, and I'm totally hooked. Though I need something lighter on the side, and since I just finished Shuffle! I am starting the sequel, Tick! Tack!

Havent played much yet, but from the summary it seems really enjoyable. (Nerine best girl!!!) I was actually super hyped for Clannad, but to be honest, I cant get myself to really get into it right now. I'm sure its a great read, so thats why I wont force myself. I'll wait untill I feel like playing it.

To read Clannad, you need coffee or mountain dew, lots of it. It's a sluggishly long read but does pick up eventually. Sunohara does crack a crapton of jokes to keep you awake also.

Yeah, figured. It would be a shame if I pushed myself into it and got burnt out. I´ll give it another go after I finish this batch of novels. Kinda want something other than just vanilla slice of life romances right now. 

Besides, the heavy psychological abuse from Euphoria plus a long and heavy read in Clannad at the same time would probably end up killing me. 

yeah... wish someone would pick this up to translate. It is the only decent zombie apocalypse VN out there (couldnt find any reviews or info on other ones) and it would definitely cater to a growing niche of zombie apocalypse lovers out there (like myself). I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes a hit in the Western market since zombies are kinda the in-thing nowadays.

Never read it but the art in this one is super legit at least. https://vndb.org/v16802

Never read it but the art in this one is super legit at least. https://vndb.org/v16802

Wow the art does look awesome! 

Then I saw it's a kinetic novel and an NVL style at that too (therefore more narration vs character dialogues) which made me go: "what!?".... My reasoning is you probably don't want to a lot of narration in a zombie apocalypse setting anyway unless it involves some weird mutation that's uncommon/unheard of and requires lots of explanation which I doubt this vn has. It's a lot better to focus on character's interaction considering being in a zombie apocalypse is a very emotional situation to be in (losing loved ones, staying alive, doing things you typically wouldn't do like shooting someone on the head) than narrating the whole situation. 

In zombie apocalypse or survival horror games in general, choices and branching stories are very important because you want to see all the possible outcomes (including deaths, bad ends, and gore because those are what makes the genre so fun to read in the first place) and have the situation/scenarios slowly evolve through character interaction, otherwise the zombies just become rather insignificant and dull like the trees in the background.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

just finished my first route in hoshizora no memoria (asuho) and i just entered the second route

two noteworthy things

1.I did not expect to find Yume's name in the first route

2.I nearly shat a brick wall when Yume <I'm pretty sure it has to be her> appeared during the common route on my second playthrough

I honest to god taught that there were only 2 possibilities: one was for them to keep Yume as a memory and her to never show up in the actual vn and the second one Yume to be Mare, especially since her name means dream if I'm not mistaken, I guess I expected to much out of this vn, but it's too early to tell right now, I have been known to be wrong before ^^

Started Euphoria.

I find the descriptions of the fried class rep to be rather nauseating. The CG wasn't THAT bad. Nemu, besides looking too much like Umineko's Beatrice, seems to be a pretty interesting character. Already churning my brain about who to choose as the first "keyhole". I feel like I have three choices: Picking childhood friend (Kaera?) / Picking Nemu / Picking someone else

Anything Nemu related feels like it relates to the true ending, so I think I'll just pick someone else, probably the teacher or Byakuya (man that's so weird if you're a fan of Danganronpa)

I'm very fucking sad that I was spoiled on who the mastermind is. No VN has been this far up my alley since Killer Queen, and Euphoria sounds great. Doesn't smell as good.

Zombie no Afureta is just a nukige with zombies, there is no plot...just a bad vn, this is literally all you are going to do in that novel:
1) MC browsing on the internet about random things
2) MC getting supplies (really boring)

3) MC raping a zombie and a girl, this scenes take forever!

Repeat 1 to 3.

Zombie no Afureta is just a nukige with zombies, there is not plot there  no nothing just a bad vn, this is literally all you are going to do in that novel:
1) MC browsing on the internet about random things
2) MC getting supplies (really boring)

Hidden Content

Repeat 1 to 3.

the art is good at least.

You remind me that I should continue it just to find out if its really that bad (I went through a internet surfing scene and that one alone was boring as hell lol)