What are you playing?

Ended up giving euphoria a 6/10, most of the subtracted points being a result of my inferior tastes in H-content and how horrifically boring the VN becomes after the "common" route. Btw, my favorite H-scene of them all was the first round w/ Kanae :makina:

It probably would've at least gotten a 7 if I outright skipped Rika & Natsuki routes, because by the time I got to Nemu's route I got completely fed up with the constant repetition & reiteration of events

Then you get to the unlocked Kanae's route and it plays out the EXACT same shit as Nemu's minus the true end revelations afterwards and the added choices you have to make to get to them.

The revelations themselves were interesting indeed, but they were too contrived and the situation too unrealistic for me to truly appreciate it / be as mindblown as some of the other people who love this VN did.

Btw, even after all that, Kanae is still best gir- *gets shot*

~~
Starting Fate/Stay soon, our local Fate/Stay fanboi Zeno was quite enthusiastic in briefing me about it, so I'm looking forward to it.

I don´t get the hate around Natsuki´s route. I get that it doesn't contribute much to the core plot, but it still doesn't make it a bad route. I actually liked it quite a lot. 

Then again, I kinda have a onee-san / teacher / older woman complex so I guess I just enjoyed it cuz of that... And all the H-Scenes... Yum.

Though omg, wtf, the part with the period and the blood and ... omg, why? ... Just ... why? 

All aboard the Euphoria train (Rika, Rinne, Natsuki spoilers)

Finished Rinne's route. Actually found the latter half (post-escape) part of Rika's route more interesting since this route doesn't add much to that- though all that jazz is probably because Rika's route was my first. Didn't care for Rinne's romance parts, reverse rape segments were interesting. I really liked how this route's the first where Rika's being anything other than a whiny bitch. Loved her suicide.

I'm very intrigued on several things even though the whole cult thing felt incredibly contrived. 1) I still don't get why that text was on the Voice's emblem. 

2) There needs to be some light shed on the MC's kidnapping.

3) Any actual explanation for Rinne allegedly being Keisuke's child?

4) Why the fuck did Keisuke just wake up in his room and why did Rinne revert so suddenly? Is it because she was assigned the role of messiah?

5) WTF happened to Kanae?

5) The whole bullshit that takes place outdoors- How did Nemu come into power? Who's that blondie with the gas mask from Rika's route? Why are people who try to escape being killed? Why was there a battle to the death on campus?

Read through えむリア!~俺がドMになったのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い~, except for Haruka's route. I'll get to that sooner or later.

It's pretty nice as a femdom VN, although there are some parts I could have done without. Like the MC forcing himself on the heroine in one of the routes. Really, the MC's just kind of annoying in general. But it was cute and had some pretty good H scenes, so I can forgive that.

Also read Killer Queen, which I liked a lot. I usually tend to stay away from VNs with art like that, but I guess I should stop doing that. Really loved the second route in particular.

[...]

On a side note I played this short novel yesterday https://vndb.org/v1296 (2 hours or so) really really surprised it was actually pretty good and I don't like those kind of stuff :P  

Oh ! It looks pretty interesting. I'll put this on my Wishlist. Thanks ^^

Edited by Canicheslayer

started reading yabai! yesterday morning on train for some hours and did the same today. earned nothing but disgustful looks from my surroudings when i pretty much roared with laughter regarding rina getting raped & tortured for those grave sins she comitted. nevertheless enjoyed every single minute of it & simply needed this short episode of escapism to prevent the mind of mine becoming any more mushy...

edit. this does NOt count as truly reading vn´s again like before, only few hours here & there when nothing else can be done...

Eclipsed just turned into the utsuge side

9e91c0d37bbcf84fbdf1bf9280ec18d2a8e334ad 

On a side note I played this short novel yesterday https://vndb.org/v1296 (2 hours or so) really really surprised it was actually pretty good and I don't like those kind of stuff :P  

oh yeah I read this in the summer, its actually pretty cute and pretty sad at the same time

Same. Except for the "only" part, anyway. I could probably name a few others. But boy, was that good ending tacked-on or what? Terriburu.

That it was.  It felt forced and didn't really make much sense with the events going on.  I get that most people like happy endings, but if you do, you probably shouldn't be reading Swan Song  lol  I actually rated it lower on VNDB than I would have if it was just the bad end because of the good end.  It really was that much of an negative to me.

Now that I´m all done with Euphoria, I´m gonna start playing Tick! Tack! Been looking forward to it, as I loved Shuffle! and Nerrine is my fav girl. Also, time travel and time lines and what not is always fun. Excited for the different endings. 

Also playing SonoHana Nyuu Jene on the untranslated side of things. Progressing slowly, but really like what I´ve played so far. Hazuki reminds me a lot of Nanami. (Who is the best girl in SonoHana, and if you disagree I will send a rabid Yuuna-Senpai after you, so be warned.) 

Finished my first playthrough of Chaos;Child. My fears of the bad-end spoiler were both realised at first and then stomped into the ground, as C;C is probably the VN with the most "No, I am the REAL culprit!!!" twists after one another that I've ever read. But you know what? It actually goes about those in a pretty smart way, and it does a good job at slapping you around with red herrings when it really wants to. The main twist tying everything together was well thought out and it is definitely up there with the C;H one, it's really hard to say which is better. What is better, though, is the OST - so good! My only real complaint so far is that there is one character in particular that seems absolutely pointless. She doesn't contribute to the story in any way whatsoever in the first playthrough/normal ending. Well, they will most likely fix that in the new parts of the story that got unlocked, apparently; I'm expecting Noah style heroine endings.

She really is, and anyone who disagrees has shit taste. :illya:

Same. Except for the "only" part, anyway. I could probably name a few others. But boy, was that good ending tacked-on or what? Terriburu.

That it was.  It felt forced and didn't really make much sense with the events going on.  I get that most people like happy endings, but if you do, you probably shouldn't be reading Swan Song  lol  I actually rated it lower on VNDB than I would have if it was just the bad end because of the good end.  It really was that much of an negative to me.

The good end is just some bullshit they tacked on to appease the people who demand them.

What this good ending actually means is that I can play the VN after all! Maybe. I was sort of a quarter through it before I figured out this was one of those bad end VN's. Imagine my pain...

Finished my first playthrough of Chaos;Child. My fears of the bad-end spoiler were both realised at first and then stomped into the ground, as C;C is probably the VN with the most "No, I am the REAL culprit!!!" twists after one another that I've ever read. But you know what? It actually goes about those in a pretty smart way, and it does a good job at slapping you around with red herrings when it really wants to. The main twist tying everything together was well thought out and it is definitely up there with the C;H one, it's really hard to say which is better. What is better, though, is the OST - so good! My only real complaint so far is that there is one character in particular that seems absolutely pointless. She doesn't contribute to the story in any way whatsoever in the first playthrough/normal ending. Well, they will most likely fix that in the new parts of the story that got unlocked, apparently; I'm expecting Noah style heroine endings.

I reaaaaaly want to play Chaos;Child having loved Chaos;Head. 
Hopefully .5pb gets it to pc one day.

The twists in C;H were amazing so I really look forward to be mind-blown again.

I'll probably just outright skip the 'good' end for Swan Song then if it's just some tacked on BS to appease the happy folks like Fiego

I hate being robbed of my tragedies.

Making steady progress so far, I'm on like Scena 4 so it's Kuwagata AKA whiney sissy boy who will, come late game, either blossom into the most badass mother effing legend ever, or ultimately take the lame route and go through a heroic-Loser-BSOD of epic proportions and screw everybody over.

Hibari's hilarious, the Austria / Australia & everyone bagging on her got me good

And Aroe, bless her soul, is currently #1 contender for knocking out LB!'s Komari off the top of my Most Dreaded Character to Listen to list.

~~

She really is, and anyone who disagrees has shit taste. :illya:

You. I like you. :illya: