Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

What would they even add at this point, a $900k goal for Kiminozo? I don't know if I even want that. I mean, Alternative won't be out until 9+ months, then there's the current stretch goals, so add a few more months for those. And THEN there's Kiminozo in what, late 2017 or later? Eh. I don't even want to think that long-term. Just give us more shit we can get our hands on now or the near future. 

So much hype for... one of the most popular VN series in the west. It actually makes perfect sense and I don't get what you don't understand, even if you dislike the ML games.

It doesn't make perfect sense; it's just plain obvious and I'm actually mind boogled it took them so much time to consider a Kickstarter for the western release. Not like it makes a huge difference, since most people can't see anything else past their pink-colored glasses anyway.

At least now, their success might actually encourage other studios to go in their footsteps.

What would they even add at this point, a $900k goal for Kiminozo? I don't know if I even want that. I mean, Alternative won't be out until 9+ months, then there's the current stretch goals, so add a few more months for those. And THEN there's Kiminozo in what, late 2017 or later? Eh. I don't even want to think that long-term. Just give us more shit we can get our hands on now or the near future. 

It doesn't make perfect sense; it's just plain obvious and I'm actually mind boogled it took them so much time to consider a Kickstarter for the western release. Not like it makes a huge difference, since most people can't see anything else past their pink-colored glasses anyway.

At least now, their success might actually encourage other studios to go in their footsteps.

It's pretty obvious you don't own a business or have any marketing degrees. Let me explain why this kickstarter was a smart move and makes perfect sense.

If we go back a decade or so before Muv Luv became a hit,the VN market in the west was pretty tame. Not to mention if you mention Muv Luv that time, vn readers would be like, what's that game? It took several years for the game to be fully translated? I believe it was 6-7 years from when it was first released. Note that Kickstarter started around 2009, so that's the earliest they could campaign for it, but heck, kickstarter campaigns on its early days were mostly for gadgets or opening a new business. By then, a decent thousand or so in the west would have played Muv Luv but it will never be enough to run an upscaled campaign like they just did this year. It will not be enough to sustain the project and they'll be missing several technologies and many social media mediums to market their stuff.

Thus waiting for several more years and seeing a huge movement in the west through their competitors was the best move. With JAST, Mangagamer and all these other companies localizing and bringing over VNs to the west and Steam having their record breaking numbers for greenlighting visual novels, and with Muv Luv fans increasing exponentially in the west after all these years, it was time to finally release it in its masterful form that all fans will love and pay for without batting an eye.

I really wish I could help fund this, but unfortunately it would require international transactions. :(

Yeah, it's something that def. has to be kept in mind. =/ My 60$ payment roughly turns into 100$ after the fees and conversions, bleh. :salt:

I knew this fall would be pricey on my loose assets, but still~

why a sequel?what we need is a better ending of alternative one that isnt rushed, instead or doing a sequel maybe translate schwarzesmarken when it comes out...

A genuine sequel could expand upon the actions of Alternative and possibly offer something more concrete at its end. Whereas the end of Alternative...well...you know - it's abit open-ended.

:sachi:

I read in the description that the port(vita or android),the codex and even the two photons will be free for people that are pledging $150 or above.

Am I wrong? It sounds very convenient to me.

If they hit the stretch goal for them, yes.

Slowly dripping toward 400k.  I knew they would get more models for ppl to pledge for lol.  Also not surprise that the Takmikazuchi sold out fast and still a ton of the Raptors left~

The FAQ just got updated.  It answers questions about Add-Ons for the Kickstarter, the possibility of physical Vita releases and physical releases of photonflowers and photonmelodies, as well as something else I'm sure people have been spamming them with questions about.

With regard to violent content, Muv Luv is relatively tame compared to several games available on Steam, so we will likely get the crucial story elements across.

We will also have an official patch for the remaining important elements from Muv-Luv. More details will be provided at a later date.

Alternative will not be a  stretch goal but part of the base goal. They will not be translating it again, but using Amaterasu's translations. Also Amaterasu's translations, despite your feelings on them, are highly criticized throughout the scene and are considered to be in heavy need of translation checking and editing by many people.

Aka the tlwiki crew who always has the same opinions on each and everything out there.  I think it'll be fine in the end.  Ixrec has improved and the TL for the muv luv series in general is definitely not bad, but can use improvements.  

Also pledged $300 for now, but missed out on the $800 C tier.  Nearly at 400k now.  

With regard to violent content, Muv Luv is relatively tame compared to several games available on Steam, so we will likely get the crucial story elements across.

We will also have an official patch for the remaining important elements from Muv-Luv. More details will be provided at a later date.

You know the subtle wording is just going to fly over the head of the people that have been spamming those questions. I also love how they called them "important" scenes :wahaha:

kyrt, on 26 Sept 2015 - 7:59 PM, said:kyrt, on 26 Sept 2015 - 7:59 PM, said:

It's sad that you're absolutely correct. 

I'm not sure how much life this has in it though...it's almost at 400,000 but I find it unlikely we'll get to the codex...let alone vita/android. I really think they should have swapped those around. People are just going to stop and be content with 400,000 stretch goal knowing there is very little chance for the 600,000 goal. I also don't think the codex would need to cost nearly 100,000 to throw in. The kickstarter is lacking in some very basic ways to help them get further in their goals. I think they needed some smaller in between stretch goals but whatever I guess.

Oh, everyone knows that kickstarters are mostly funded during the first couple days and the last couple of days. It is very common for funding to come to a nearly complete stand still during the inbetween parts. The 500k goal will definitely be met and the 600k goal will probably be met. Also, I find small stretch goals to be very infuriating. They are usually like 20 extra pages in the art book or unlocking more limited tiers, which seem rather artifical and cheap. While big stretch goals are usually more filling. As for the Codex, it could be very much cost 100k depending on how much work they put into it. The world of MuvLuv is huge and even with Alternative taking the time to give you a college lecture on it, there is plenty that could be filled in. Humanity has been fighting the Beta for 20 years when Unlimited started, think of all the political background, the ground war on Japan during alternative WW2, more details surrounding the various Alternative projects, prototype tsfs, that fight for the moon, the effect of the war on various countries. I'm probably being overly optomistic, but if they put enough art assets and time, it is possible for the codex to be worth a pretty penny.