Test

Tay

This is the test poll title  

57 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = horrible, 10 = your favorite company) how much do you love Key games?

2. 2. Do you like Key games more than Type-Moon games?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Key games are one of those things that you read once, and you usually think it was pretty decent and more often than not heartwarming due to the formula they always use (Based Jun Same Story Maeda)

But then you look back and kind of realize they're not that impressive.

They're still fun, though, but not masterpieces.

Key games are one of those things that you read once, and you usually think it was pretty decent and more often than not heartwarming due to the formula they always use (Based Jun Same Story Maeda)

But then you look back and kind of realize they're not that impressive.

They're still fun, though, but not masterpieces.

*looks back*

Your argument does not click with me. My apologies.

where my fellow 6ers at?

key will never produce visual novels at the level type moon does.  That said, type moon does have a lot of digression in their stories, especially when it comes to meal time at the emiya household.  Though i always found it something that works with visual novels or novels in general, as that sort of thing further illustrates the picture i form in my head when reading.

I enjoy Key games, but I never really find much reason to rate them super high just because at one point they managed to produce a meaningful dramatic scene.

This is coupled with the fact that I almost always only like half (or less than half) the routes in their VNs.

1/2 stellar route(s) vs 8 or so "meh" routes doesn't make a "top tier" VN for me, and that's only after the excruciating common routes they always have

Good thing there's Planetarian, that's the best thing Key ever put out, you dive right into the drama and don't have to deal with their usually overly long and average common routes. Even for a guy that likes slice of life and fluff, I get bored of them at some point.

I loved Clannad, and liked Kanon/Rewrite - but nothing comes close to a Type/Moon piece.

Though in Key's defense, I will say I skipped a TON of F/HA's dinnertime banters - just way too much filler and fluff (some is good, but it was just way too heavy with it).

To clarify: Key tends to rely on emotion qeues, but really doesn't provide a ton of context or depth; what you see is generally what you get. Type/moon works tend to be multilayered (even if somewhat predictable), where the love interests have a heart and mind of their own - and think about more than just the MC.

Of course, some exceptions apply for both sides, but that would be my general stance.

I personally don't like the chuuni genre much, so KEY sort of wins by default for me, lol. But I've been really disappointed with KEY. Clannad was the last KEY VN I liked, in my view the company got progressively worse. This is all my controversial opinion but, Kanon is their best work, Air is really good, Clannad is good, Little Busters is meh, and screw Rewrite. 

I gave KEY a 6/10 only because of how good they used to be. 

EDIT: By the way, I've only ever met one other person who shares the same views on KEY as me. 

Is it fair if I vote and the only Key games I ever played is half of the school routes of Clannad and Planetarian?  :Kappa: 

I'll play Kanon and Rewrite some day but at this point and considering what's been said of the translations, I'll just wait and read them in japanese...

I personally don't like the chuuni genre much, so KEY sort of wins by default for me, lol. But I've been really disappointed with KEY. Clannad was the last KEY VN I liked, in my view the company got progressively worse. This is all my controversial opinion but, Kanon is their best work, Air is really good, Clannad is good, Little Busters is meh, and screw Rewrite. 

I gave KEY a 6/10 only because of how good they used to be. 

EDIT: By the way, I've only ever met one other person who shares the same views on KEY as me. 

Given how Kanon came after Air, yet you gave Kanon a better rating, we can therefore conclude that they did not, in fact, release progressively worse games, rendering your argument contradictory. With this being the case, it is now clear your argument is invalid.  Blast! It seems I was profusely mistaken... Should I come to find the perpetrator of this shameless misleading they better expect consequences, and dire ones at that.

/kill post

As for me, I can definitely say I enjoy everything Key. Air, Kanon, Little Busters and Rewrite all had common routes I absolutely loved (haven't yet played Clannad. Patiently awaiting for Sekai Project). 

Oh yeah, I should mention that for me the routes are merely a bonus (a good one, mind you, but a bonus nevertheless). I prefer Key works over TYPE-MOON works because I'm a sucker for funny common routes. Key delivers in spades. TYPE-MOON somehow make me bored during such segments.

I will by no means deny that I can usually find more variation and more interesting plots in TYPE-MOON VN's, however. 

*Never played Planetarian even though I've already bought it. Currently accumulating tissue boxes in preparation.

Given how Kanon came after Air, yet you gave Kanon a better rating, we can therefore conclude that they did not, in fact, release progressively worse games, rendering your argument contradictory. With this being the case, it is now clear your argument is invalid.

What