Unpopular Opinions About VN's

Funyarinpa

Nekopara is a 420/69 game. It has aww moments, yes, but overall the animated H-scenes are impressive. IMHO it does deserve very high a place in the hallmark of VN's.

Amane's good ending in Grisaia is dumb and took me out of the story. It just goes on and on and on and on and refuses to end. It's the Return of the King of visual novels.

Canvas 2 is bad and not worth a 7. It's not even worth a 5. 

KonoSora is a 7/10 game. It has lolis, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO it does not deserve very high a place in the hallmark of VN's.

Nope, sorry. KonoSora doesn't have any lolis. They are too old  ;)

Yumiko's route is the best route in Grisaia. Sue me.

Also, Sachi's route was trash except for the flashback and the good ending.

You guys sure about that?

I expect the last year of fiction-highschool to be done at the age of 17/18. Counting down five years to the freshmen, the first years are 12-13.

Furthermore, we learn that Asa's age is half of Amane's and how she is in a simillar range as Tatsuya and Isuka. Neither of those three seem to be hitting their thirties, so I predicted them to be 24-25, which adds up to my previous proclamation. 

So the twins are ~12. Is 12 too old for a loli? 

You guys sure about that?

I expect the last year of fiction-highschool to be done at the age of 17/18. Counting down five years to the freshmen, the first years are 12-13.

Furthermore, we learn that Asa's age is half of Amane's and how she is in a simillar range as Tatsuya and Isuka. Neither of those three seem to be hitting their thirties, so I predicted them to be 24-25, which adds up to my previous proclamation. 

So the twins are ~12. Is 12 too old for a loli? 

PS: You forgot about middle school. Doesn't high school start at 15 in Japan?

Wikipedia says "... High school in Japan covers grades 10 through 12...", but the High School in Konosora has five school years, so I don't know. I don't know how to school anymore.

I've had this conversation with a few people and they assured me Asa and Yoru were 'too old'. Take that as you will...

So my opinion is unpopular? Thank god, I thought I was derailing for a second. 

This thread is kinda disappoint... was hoping for something to annoy me, but nothing really did because everyone was doing the same thing. :(

I absolutely hate H-Scenes and I wish that they would just die. I love VNs as a storytelling medium, but just hate hate hate the eroge aspects of visual novels.

On that aspect, I'm really tired of nukiges. I mean, why would you read a VN if you want to jerk off? I mean, I have no issues if someone else likes it, but i'm really not a fan. Same thing for these joke VNs.

I think that adaptations aren't usually shit. Yes, there are shit ones like Grisaia, but at least the ones I've seen do a pretty good job bringing the story over. Kanon Anime > VN, Clannad VN = Anime, etc.

While most people thus far are pretty pissy about how sekai project is dealing with things, I'm still pretty optimistic about sekai project in general, and am really happy with what i've gotten from them. (planetarian, Narcissu. I funded both WEE and Clannad)

I have absolutely no interest in playing grisaia, and from what i've heard, I don't think i'd like it that much. The stuff with the kickstarter just made me not want to play it.

VNs should be referred to as an interactive storytelling medium, or a Kinetic storytelling medium for Kinetic novels. It's not really a game, or a book, so stop trying to shoehorn it into those mediums.

I prefer a linear VN over ones with many routes. I appreciate multiple routes at times, but sometimes it can get annoying.