What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well I guess I can see where you are coming from. From an objective perspective I would also call Senjougahara a good character, but I just can't bring myself to appreciate her because she has a lot of annoying moments and represents many character tropes I dislike or straight up hate (and I tend to be very strict with main heroines I guess).

On another note I'm currently into Nisemonogatari and I enjoy it way more than it's prequel. It has less boring scenes than Bakemonogatari, better comedy and I was looking forward to seeing his sisters for a long time now.

5 minutes ago, Seth said:

Well I guess I can see where you are coming from. From an objective perspective I would also call Senjougahara a good character, but I just can't bring myself to appreciate her because she has a lot of annoying moments and represents many character tropes I dislike or straight up hate (and I tend to be very strict with main heroines I guess).

It's important to note her being a well written character has nothing to do with you personally liking her or not. I myself don't even put her in my top 5 monogatari characters, but I also can't deny her importance in the grand scheme of things :P

I also enjoyed Nisemonogatari more than Bakemonogatari (although I enjoyed the Second Season even more), even though a lot of people dislike it because of how fanservicey it got (personally I would argue the series always had that vibe, but alas). Tsukihi and Karen are absolutely awesome, and I am jealous of Araragi for having such amazing sisters.

Ultimately though, Shinobu is best.

Finished Re;zero

Favorite arc would have to be the Roswaal mansion with the Rammin's and the Remmins, after that it kinda dips in quality cuz they have to involve the whole world and their shenanigans, too many characters and less personalized and Subaru in general got reaaaally stale with his amount of BSODs and impulsiveness

But yeah, I understand all the Rem best grill hype esp. after w.e episode love idolize hero pep talk,

but I still prefer Ram, yes yes lynch me all you wan, idc:
jkU35MF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After taking a long break from anime, I'm now finally able to pick up where I last left off. I'm currently trying to get through:

• GATE S2
  • Sword Art Online II
  • Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger

Once I've finished watching these, I then have to catch up on Naruto Shippuuden and One Piece.

After I've finished watching and catching up with these, I'll start my next batch of anime I plan to watch. ^_^

Just finished watching irresponsible captain tylor.
To sum my experience up it was a blast to watch but its not the kind of series i would rewatch.

Also my opinion of tylor is that of a genuis he is not lucky just a genuis if he was lucky he would have won the lottery fifty times over by the age of twenty.

P.S. @Jun Inoue decendant of Jun inoue confirmed, seems like he did have kids at some point.

Spoiler

MIldX8A.jpg

I finished Bakemonogatari, and it was mind-numbingly good. Immediately picked up Nisemonogatari, which I'm taking my time with.

In the meantime, a week or two ago, on a day when my brain was absolutely fried and I was completely incapable of doing anything requiring thought but still needed to burn a few hours before going to sleep, a friend suggested I watch something cute and mindless, so I picked up Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya. I finished the first season last night. Not bad, though the loli fanservice felt pretty skeevy at times. I was again reminded that Taiga is the most underappreciated character in the Nasuverse (and Rin is fantastic, of course, but everybody knows that). My favorite part was the very first ~three minutes of the show, where it showed Illya leading a normal, happy life, which is pretty hard-hitting if your most recent recollection of her is the Heavens Feel F/SN true ending, and if you're a feels sucker like me. The rest of the show was fine, and definitely had its moments, especially when Rin took center stage. I'll probably pick up the later seasons and keep feeling skeevy about watching it.

22 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I finished Bakemonogatari, and it was mind-numbingly good. Immediately picked up Nisemonogatari, which I'm taking my time with.

In the meantime, a week or two ago, on a day when my brain was absolutely fried and I was completely incapable of doing anything requiring thought but still needed to burn a few hours before going to sleep, a friend suggested I watch something cute and mindless, so I picked up Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya. I finished the first season last night. Not bad, though the loli fanservice felt pretty skeevy at times. I was again reminded that Taiga is the most underappreciated character in the Nasuverse (and Rin is fantastic, of course, but everybody knows that). My favorite part was the very first ~three minutes of the show, where it showed Illya leading a normal, happy life, which is pretty hard-hitting if your most recent recollection of her is the Heavens Feel F/SN true ending, and if you're a feels sucker like me. The rest of the show was fine, and definitely had its moments, especially when Rin took center stage. I'll probably pick up the later seasons and keep feeling skeevy about watching it.

I really liked the Saber Alter fight, but beyond that I can't watch anything past the first season - just way too skeevy for me. (And that's coming from a huge Fate fan and slight loli affectiendo) :makina:

Be curious to read your thoughts when you get around to the rest - I've refused to even look in it's direction, but maybe a sound mind can convince me otherwise. :sachi:

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Watching Psychopass. Pretty enjoyable police sci-fi psychological criminal goodies, and Akane's alot more pleasant than I thought she'd be.

After it I may play the Mandatory Happiness visual novel adaptation on my Vita and then elitist judge how vna's are nothing more than 

Psychopass was so good! At first I also thought Akane was going to make the show pretty bad, but it turned out nicely. The OP and ED are also pretty good throughout. I'm interested to see what you think of the ending.

2 hours ago, Polycentric said:

Psychopass was so good! At first I also thought Akane was going to make the show pretty bad, but it turned out nicely. The OP and ED are also pretty good throughout. I'm interested to see what you think of the ending.

Sure, I'll let you know ^_^ 

I made it to ep 11 but goddamn, gotta take a break now because that was a real WHAM of an episode, I feel so bad for Akane ;-;

47 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Sure, I'll let you know ^_^ 

I made it to ep 11 but goddamn, gotta take a break now because that was a real WHAM of an episode, I feel so bad for Akane ;-;

It's shows like these that leave me wondering. By all rights I shouldn't enjoy stuff like Danganronpa and Psycho-Pass. That stuff is depressing, gory, and terrible. And yet I had no issue, and quite enjoyed, watching both shows. I wonder why that is?

14 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

It's shows like these that leave me wondering. By all rights I shouldn't enjoy stuff like Danganronpa and Psycho-Pass. That stuff is depressing, gory, and terrible. And yet I had no issue, and quite enjoyed, watching both shows. I wonder why that is?

I getchu.

I'm very, very bad with character deaths in general, will cry rivers for fodders and become depressed for mains, but yeah at the end of the day I really appreciate these works for being able to bring out these emotions in me
#totalsap

On 24/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, Jun Inoue said:

Man, I started Giant Killing like, years ago, and just somehow forgot about it completely. Decided to erase this mark of shame from my record, and I'll finish it soon enough (episode 21).

Is it any good? Watched it quite long ago, but I kinda forgot about it too. 

Just finished the first episode of Girlish Number. Definitely better than expected. Thought that the characters were just going to be plain moe blobs but at least the MC is a cheeky moe blob, which is pretty funny. 

5 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

Is it any good? Watched it quite long ago, but I kinda forgot about it too. 

just finished the first episode of Girlish Number. Definitely better than expected. Thought that the characters were just going to be plain moe blobs but at least the MC is a cheeky moe blob, which is pretty funny. 

It's pretty good. It's a kinda traditional dark horse story, but without going overboard. Their team does have some good players, but they were just so stuck with their super sucky system and style that it was impossible for them to win much. The new coach (the MC), is the smartass/good-natured half-troll who comes in, and fixes the team with a series of new rules, exercises, games, etc.

Considering it's 26 episodes, it's a pretty good watch, especially if you like cocky (in the cool way) MCs, and sorta dark horse stories.

9 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Considering it's 26 episodes, it's a pretty good watch, especially if you like cocky (in the cool way) MCs, and sorta dark horse stories.

I see. The reviews on MAL were pretty good too, so I was planning to rewatch it one of these days. 

How about the football aspect of it though? Are most the games explicitly shown (like haikyuu) or do they just show a couple of scenes from the games and then tell you the result?  To be honest I'm just watching it mainly because I like the sport :wafuu: 

1 minute ago, Limerence_ said:

I see. The reviews on MAL were pretty good too, so I was planning to rewatch it one of these days. 

How about the football aspect of it though? Are most the games explicitly shown (like haikyuu) or do they just show a couple of scenes from the games and then tell you the result?  To be honest I'm just watching it mainly because I like the sport :wafuu: 

Mostly scenes. The show concentrates a lot on the practices and meetings at the beginning, then ends up showing a couple long matches towards the end.

Finally got around to finishing Monmusu. Not normally something I have much interest in (excessive fanservice, weak/non-existent plot), but I really liked the characters, and was curious to see where it might lead. Overall enjoyed it for what it was, got some good laughs out of it.

Spoiler

Kind of feel like it squandered its chances and potential, but meh, that's just the kind of show it is - expecting too much is probably asking too much :sachi: Would have been a cool touch if the studio had the balls to pick a girl out of the mix - even at the risk of pissing off fans.

Miia top  girl- snek, Suu's a close 2nd place~

Ok, I finished Monogatari S2 now and have to admit, it's one of the best animes I've watched yet. It's waaaaaay above Bake and even somewhat above Nise (not nearly enough Tsukihi though :saber: they better change that in some sequel). I'm also able to rank now somehow just how much I liked each heroine:

1. Hachikuji - BEST GIRL. Clearly. It didn't matter with who she interacted, it always ended up fun if Mayoi was involved. It's nice to see such a happy-go-lucky ghost wandering around and throughout the seasons she always served as a very important pillar in Arararagi-sans life.  And on a sidenote

Spoiler

FUCK THIS. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WITH THE END OF SHINOBU TIME! FIRST OF ALL IT WASN'T EVEN MAYOI'S CHAPTER AND THEN WE GET SUCH A HEARTBREAKING SCENE WITH AN ABOVE THE CHARTS GREAT CONFESSION WOAg7du.png

NO! STOP DOING THAT WITH ME. I CAN'T HANDLE BEST GIRL DISAPPEARING THIS WAY :conspiracy::conspiracy::conspiracy::conspiracy::conspiracy:

Also pretty awesome adult form. Sad we couldn't spend more time with her. JUST LIKE THE REAL ONE

2. Tsukihi - Best imouto. Her OP is probably the most catchy one of all and she is such a refreshing charakter with her spontanous outbreaks and her combination of brocon and borderline-yandere. And constantly changing her hairstyle, very nice:wafuu:. The only thing in which her sister surpasses her is sex-appeal (and that's just because she didn't have a touthbrush scene yet:illya:)

3. Shinobu, Sengoku - Yeah like you see I can't really decide between them. Shinobu has this awesome 500-year-old-badass-vampire vibre but can also be too moe for my heart to take at times. Sengoku on the other hand is a whole different type of adorable and looking at the Twister scenes for example I can't deny that she is one of the sexiest characters I've seen in anime for a while. Different from most people it seems, I liked Sengoku from beginning through end, even with all those changes she went through.

4. Hanekawa - That one's surprising. She started out as my least favourite character but from arc to arc she improved and stands here now. Interesting and charming character and a big help for anyone. And great tits.

5. Kanbaru - Everyone's favourite pervert. She has a lot of hilarious moments, looks nice and would possibly be higher on this list if she had more screentime

6. Karen - Strange for me that an imouto is on such a low place (well her sister makes up for that I guess). She started of somewhat annoying, but became a easily likable character after her own arc. I guess I'm just not such a great fan of the energetic type otherwise she would be at least place 5.

7. Senjougahara  - Yep, main heroine on last place (I wish this wouldn't happen so often). I've already written before why I don't like her so I won't repeat that. I even admit that I almost started to like her as the seasons went by, as her character improved through time just like Hanekawa. But in the end it still wasn't enough to keep up with such a high-level cast, so sorry.

Winner of the hearts: Kaiki - Seriously this guy started as a bit weird but interesting villian and become a personification of awesome in the end. He is the protagonist we truly deserve. Cynic, materialistic, and throughly hilarious. And his OP with Senjougahara is probably one of the biggest troll moments in the monogatari series.

Knocked out Psychopass S2 and the movie

S2.... Hm. Lacked all the charm that S1 had, no more pleasant rookie Akane, recycled themes and motifs, and the successor cast is super super meh to S1's, like Inspector Shimotsuki is probably the most disappointing and worthless new recruit I've ever seen (tho she's kinda cute when she learns the truth about errthang and flips out), but don't even get me started on how cringeworthy it was for the writers to try to play off l0l Togane as Kogame v2, or l0l Kamui as Makashima v2, just NO!!!

Movie was enjoyable.