What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

2 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Oh come on, he's half human. It's furry at most :holo:

Seriously though, why care? surely, love transcends everything? 

Well I'm not disgusted or anything like that, I just have questions....... 

Like, was this their first time? Whose idea was it? Was it intentional? If so, was it because his human penis was too small? Is that why he was only in-between because a wolf penis would be too big? Is that why the children inherited his abilities, like does his sperm change between wolf sperm and human sperm too? 

4 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Like, was this their first time? Whose idea was it? Was it intentional? If so, was it because his human penis was too small? Is that why he was only in-between because a wolf penis would be too big? Is that why the children inherited his abilities, like does his sperm change between wolf sperm and human sperm too? 

You have thought entirely too much about this. I kinda liked the movie, but I had even forgotten this scene happened. Not in the sense that I blocked it out of my mind, but in the sense that I just said "Okay, and then?"

16 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Started watching Mirai Nikki.  I've been warned that it kind of squanders its premise, and have lowered my expectations accordingly.

After that, I'm gonna finish re-watching Fate/Zero, then swing back to Jojo.  Dunno what I'll be watching after that.

It was pretty good overall, though what really makes it shine is Yuno. The actual MC is kinda meh.

41 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

It was pretty good overall, though what really makes it shine is Yuno. The actual MC is kinda meh.

Yeah, Yukki is really hard to swallow.  He's near useless and cries about everything  :amane:  I was also told that he was a hetare protag, so I expected this, but ugh.  Still annoying.

What's the most annoying so far is the attempted slice-of-life/ecchi moments that don't really fit the tone.  The third episode is a good example, with that cringey amusement park bit.  Something something something boobs.

25 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Yeah, Yukki is really hard to swallow.  He's near useless and cries about everything  :amane:  I was also told that he was a hetare protag, so I expected this, but ugh.  Still annoying.

What's the most annoying so far is the attempted slice-of-life/ecchi moments that don't really fit the tone.  The third episode is a good example, with that cringey amusement park bit.  Something something something boobs.

It might feel forced in, but there's an odd chemistry at work behind the scenes with that stuff - when paired with later episodes. ...It's hard to describe, but it feels like it fits once you get further in~

And yeah, Yukki is utter trash. He has a handful of cool moments, but don't get your hopes up :sachi:

Asterisk Season 2

More or less a continuing of the same old same old,

I like it :mare: 

Spoiler

HWSad1g.gif                                                                                HWSad1g.gif

HWSad1g.gif                                                  HWSad1g.gif

HWSad1g.gif                                                                                                                                        HWSad1g.gif

7 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

It might feel forced in, but there's an odd chemistry at work behind the scenes with that stuff - when paired with later episodes. ...It's hard to describe, but it feels like it fits once you get further in~

And yeah, Yukki is utter trash. He has a handful of cool moments, but don't get your hopes up :sachi:

Fiiiine  :amane:  I really hate those types of scenes, though.  I hope it works out the way you say it does. 

As much as it sounds like I'm dumping on the entire anime as a whole, I like it so far, at least when Yuno is the main focus, with her being as yandere as possible.  That scene where

Spoiler

Yuno was going to kill Hinata to keep Yukki from getting any friends because she was "the only friend [he'll] ever need"...really disturbing stuff.  5/7 👌

I find it hilarious that he carries a pouch of darts with him wherever he goes.  It's the one thing that keeps him relevant, and it's pathetic  xD  He can't defend himself, or even talk to someone that doesn't like him without crying, but if you need a target darted, he's your middle schooler.

Currently watching the third season of Kuroko no Basket. Still the best sports action anime by a long mile, and I'm not even a particular friend of sports animes. Still, watching a bunch of ridiculous overpowered basketball dudes battling it out on the court somehow never gets old. Also love the highly physical approach of the show. For once, not a bunch of little 1,20 m shonen kids, but some really large 1,90+ dudes instead.

And yeah, Midorima is still the coolest one of the whole bunch. From a pure logical point of view, his special skill is so broken, that none of the other guys should have a real chance against him.

latest?cb=20120722110824

Wish there would be a martial arts anime of similar quality, but everything I've seen past Tenjo Tenge in that area was just crap.

Edited by ChaosRaven

4 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Currently watching the third season of Kuroko no Basket. Still the best sports action anime by a long mile, and I'm not even a particular friend of sports animes. Still, watching a bunch of ridiculous overpowered basketball dudes battling it out on the court somehow never gets old. Also love the highly physical approach of the show. For once, not a bunch of little 1,20 m shonen kids, but some really large 1,90+ dudes instead.

And yeah, Midorima is still the coolest one of the whole bunch. From a pure logical point of view, his special skill is so broken, that none of the other guys should have a real chance against him.

latest?cb=20120722110824

Wish there would be a martial arts anime of similar quality, but everything I've seen past Tenjo Tenge in that area was just crap.

Thought you had meant "best sports anime" and I was already going :makina::makina::makina::makina:

Edited by Jun Inoue

2 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I already get more than enough slice of life in visual novels, so I don't need even more of it in animes and prefer something with a bit more oomph.

Well, I mean, that's why I watch sports anime, not slice of life, when I want sports O:

And examples where they concentrate properly on the sport non-stop? Haikyuu and Diamond no Ace, for example (both better than Kuroko to my opinion, emphasis on opinion). They are not action/shonen sports anime, though, which is why I didn't mention them.

Edited by Jun Inoue

On 12/11/2016 at 0:15 AM, Soulless Watcher said:

It's a bit late, but I just remembered something. I think the point of him being in his wolf form while they had sex was a kind of relief for him. He had been taught to be ashamed of and hide that part of him his entire life, but now he'd met a woman who loved him, and accepted that part of him, so him being in that form during such an intimate moment was a sign of him accepting himself, a very liberating moment, I suppose. After that, he is seen accepting his inner wolf more and more, as he starts hunting for food for his child.

Spoiler

That liberation is kind of what killed him as well, since the birth of his second child made his hunting instinct go into overdrive and made him lose his sense of danger.

I just watched Ninja Scroll by the way, I thought it was all pretty forgettable, I didn't really feel the point. can anyone who considers it a classic comment?

Edited by john 'mr. customer' smith

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Well, I mean, that's why I watch sports anime, not slice of life, when I want sports O:

And examples where they concentrate properly on the sport non-stop? Haikyuu and Diamond no Ace, for example (both better than Kuroko to my opinion, emphasis on opinion). They are not action/shonen sports anime, though, which is why I didn't mention them.

I've neither seen Haikyuu and Diamond nor Ace yet, but I keep the suggestions in mind. Though I never really got the fascination for baseball, but it's about as popular as Mikado in my country, so that's that. ^_^

Edited by ChaosRaven

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I've neither seen neither Haikyuu and Diamond no Ace yet, but I keep the suggestions in mind. Though I never really got the fascination for baseball, but it's about as popular as Mikado in my country, so that's that. ^_^

Eh, I also didn't see the fascination on volleyball. Or, rather, before watching Haikyuu I thought "how can people play and/or watch volleyball? Is there anything more boring?" Well, the author and studio really know how to make it friggin exciting xD It also helps that the characters are excellent, too.

Diamond no Ace is a bit more shounen-ish in spirit, but keeps it cool and real like Haikyuu with the actual sport and playing.

On 11/18/2016 at 0:34 AM, Zenophilious said:

Fiiiine  :amane:  I really hate those types of scenes, though.  I hope it works out the way you say it does. 

As much as it sounds like I'm dumping on the entire anime as a whole, I like it so far, at least when Yuno is the main focus, with her being as yandere as possible.  That scene where

Reveal hidden contents

Yuno was going to kill Hinata to keep Yukki from getting any friends because she was "the only friend [he'll] ever need"...really disturbing stuff.  5/7 👌

I find it hilarious that he carries a pouch of darts with him wherever he goes.  It's the one thing that keeps him relevant, and it's pathetic  xD  He can't defend himself, or even talk to someone that doesn't like him without crying, but if you need a target darted, he's your middle schooler.

Just had a flash of inspiration on the best way to explain the context of that fluffy stuff - think of it as a exercise of mild stockholm syndrome on the MC, and viewer - humanizing Yuno. More than that, I should stay quiet about until you've watched it all. :makina:

3 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Just had a flash of inspiration on the best way to explain the context of that fluffy stuff - think of it as a exercise of mild stockholm syndrome on the MC, and viewer - humanizing Yuno. More than that, I should stay quiet about until you've watched it all. :makina:

I have to admit, as much as I dislike it, it does do a good job of making me view her as a generic anime heroine, if only for a minute or two.  I'm currently watching episode 13 right now, so I dunno how far along what you're hinting at happens.

On 20/11/2016 at 10:29 AM, ChaosRaven said:

Though I never really got the fascination for baseball, but it's about as popular as Mikado in my country, so that's that. ^_^

To understand how baseball can be fascinating one MUST watch Cross Game. Heck even if not looking to enjoy baseball. No it's not a pure sport anime but the baseball it does have is excellent and it's excellent as an anime all round. I usually hate most sports but loved Cross Game, and so did my wife. We've watched it through together multiple times even...

Finished the third and last season of Kuroko no Basket. I think that was the weakest season so far even if it had some interesting back blendings about how the Generation of Miracles got together. The tendency that every match of Serin has to end with the winning strike in the last 5 seconds regardless of opponent strength really started to get a bit annoying. If they get a last second win against an injured Kise who is 90% of the time at the sideline clearly means that they were overall the weaker team that didn't really deserve to go through to the finals.

But the final match against Akashi was clearly on the brink of absurdity. KnB matches were always a bit over the top but they really went nuts here. The first half was still kind of okay, but the second one was just so insane I don't even know what they were playing there, but certainly not basketball anymore. I mean, parts of it were under water and other parts in outer space. And then the laser beams and lightning flashes everywhere. Kagami trying to dive into double and triple zones while Akashi went wide arc and multi zone even switching personality in the process. Overall, I think it was probably something between Quidditch, Gwent and Blood Bowl. Just totally crazy. :blink:

Anyway, thinking about what to watch next. I've still White Album 2 and Infinite Stratos downloaded, so I guess I'll go for one of them next.

Edited by ChaosRaven

5 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Anyway, thinking about what to watch next. I've still White Album 2 and Infinite Stratos downloaded, so I guess I'll go for one of them next.

Talk about polar opposites... Loved Infinite Stratos' silliness. WA2 was exactly the opposite. Enjoy.