What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Chaika second season,wonderful! Shocking truth : 

The ending is really rushed...I mean seriously...the most powerful mage in humanity's history...the Taboo emperor...was killed as soon as he spawned...so your saying someone intelligent enough to invent technology and magic can't even plan properly when he had 500 years?.....

I'm going to start watching Kiseijuu, time to start watching some of that good stuff, it's a shame that most animes from fall 2014 are still being subbed... can't enjoy all of it, hopefully they will finish it soon....

Chaika second season,wonderful! Shocking truth : 

The ending is really rushed...I mean seriously...the most powerful mage in humanity's history...the Taboo emperor...was killed as soon as he spawned...so your saying someone intelligent enough to invent technology and magic can't even plan properly when he had 500 years?.....

Not to be mean, but what did you expect from what was probably an anime only original ending.  Wikipedia says that there were 12 books released, and this series probably went through maybe 2 before massive derail a la Full Metal Alchemist. The only difference between them was that Full Metal Alchemist actually pulled off a decent ending to the story.  Even if they did go through all 12 books, thats an average of 2 episodes a book which means they cut A LOT.  Even some of the more fast paced series do a minimum of 3 per book minimum.  Index does an average of 4.3 or something like that, while MADHOUSE being super faithful to works does 4-6 episodes per book. Honestly, I enjoyed their attempt to close a series, but they just left too many wires hanging.  Disclaimer: I haven't read Chaika, so this is mostly pure speculation from experience.

I just watched DizzySubs version of DxD last night, and it was hilarious.  Also, watching Akeno I think it was call Rias a cunt (spoken baka) was amazing, and I loved the translation. I got exactly what I wanted and was exceeding surprised at how well they improved in some areas over the light novels.  

In the books, I honestly felt that Issei's mental trauma of his first girlfriend killing him was kind of a blind side.  They never focused on it at all, and it just appeared around book 10.  In the anime, they are clearly attempting to make it far more relevant earlier on, and I honestly approve.  Also, I like how they are focusing on Rias's trouble with Issei calling her Buchou.  I don't remember the forced stop of the train from the books, but whatever, they are fulfilling the same role as before for the impetus of Azazel to train them, while introducing Tannin.  I'm sort of disappointed they cut the entrance ceremony to the house where the mother completely maternalizes and goes full high class on Issei, maybe that's how they will start episode 2.

I'm also incredibly surprised at how far off my chronology was.  For whatever stupid reason, I thought the Gasper Arc which was book 16 was somewhere in this season  :michiru:

Also, animation up to book 7 might as well be confirmed, they dropped the mention of Norse Mythology.  :kosame:  :mare:

There's a number of shows I'm thinking of watching next right now, but I'm at a bit of an indecision as to which to pick. Here are the ones I'm most interested in right now.

ef: A Tale of Memories

Baccano

Aria the Animation

Nodame Cantabile

Spice and Wolf

Nana

I'm gonna watch all of these at some point in time, but I'd just like to know which one I should get to first.

There's a number of shows I'm thinking of watching next right now, but I'm at a bit of an indecision as to which to pick. Here are the ones I'm most interested in right now.

Baccano

Aria the Animation

Nodame Cantabile

Spice and Wolf

Nana

I'm gonna watch all of these at some point in time, but I'd just like to know which one I should get to first.

Baccano is pretty good, and I personally think it is the best on the list.

ef makes me just want to read the visual novel instead, so no comment.

Aria is super chill and relaxing, so save it for when you need hardcore down time.  Well at least that's how my friend described it.

Spice and Wolf is a travesty compared to the books.  Sorry, but they rushed the second season and cut an entire book just to get to a kiss scene which made me hate the director.  Anything that cuts an entire arc out of a story to rush for the fans "climax" is seriously compromising the story in some way.

I can't say anything on Nana or Nodame Cantibile, as I know literally nothing about them.

Baccano

Aria the Animation

Nodame Cantabile

Spice and Wolf

Nana

I absolutely adored Nodame Cantabile - it seems to me to be really underappreciated. That said, a decision among those choices is probably going to depend most on what you're in the mood for. ef is great, but it's kind of a downer. The first half of Spice and Wolf Season 2 is truly fantastic, but most of the show is merely "good", with Season 1 starting off rather slow. Nodame Cantabile is very light, is a great rom-com, with a really compelling plot, and it contains that rarest of creatures: the male tsundere.

I absolutely adored Nodame Cantabile - it seems to me to be really underappreciated. That said, a decision among those choices is probably going to depend most on what you're in the mood for. ef is great, but it's kind of a downer. The first half of Spice and Wolf Season 2 is truly fantastic, but most of the show is merely "good", with Season 1 starting off rather slow. Nodame Cantabile is very light, is a great rom-com, with a really compelling plot, and it contains that rarest of creatures: the male tsundere.

Yeah, I rarely hear this anime come up in a discussion. Actually a bit surprising when you consider how good its rating is on MAL. I probably would have never found this if I didn't randomly browse through anime produced by JC Staff (it use to be their highest rated anime before Bakuman 2/3 took over). Then I read some reviews, asked a few friends about it, and decided to give it a watch. I think I'll pick this up once I finish Baccano.

Baccano's been interesting to watch so far. I actually had to force myself to stop watching so I can get ready for bed, lol. I'll likely be marathoning it tomorrow when I have more time. And my god, wtf is wrong with Ladd and why do I love him so much? :holo:

Just finished Akatsuki no Yona. Overall, a pretty great show with some interesting character development thrown into the mix. Kind of disappointed that the inevitable battle with Su-won didn't occur. I guess that's going to happen in the OVA since there wasn't a second season announced right afterwards.

Going to finish up Shirobako before catching up on some of last season's anime.

Watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, just having finished ep. 13 and trying to buffer 14 hahaha! (Slow internet  :amane: )

In the mean time, I'll be continuing Hanasaku Iroha since it's quite the only anime I have in my HDD which I haven't finished yet.

Or rewatch some light-hearted comedy, Acchi-Kocchi maybe  ^_^?

I'm watching the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but since I'm only halfway through Endless Eight and can't stand more than a couple episodes at a time, I've also gone back to the classics and started watching GTO, which I can't believe I haven't watched until now.

I'm watching the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but since I'm only halfway through Endless Eight and can't stand more than a couple episodes at a time, I've also gone back to the classics and started watching GTO, which I can't believe I haven't watched until now.

I'm going to repost what I posted ~8 pages ago. Hopefully more exposure to this idea will make people hate the show less, and save them two hours of their life.

Season 2 isn't bad.  I will repeat: Season 2 is not bad.  It is just that for whatever god damn reason they decided to make the short story titled "Endless Eight" into an 8 episode series, when it was only ~40 pages in the original light novel, something that should have been relegated to two episodes.  For reference, my PDF version (screw you guys, I don't care) has the first volume at 169 pages, which took up 6 episodes of the first season.  Now, Endless Eight is 44 pages.  Tell me, how would making a 44 page short story longer than an entire book make any sense.  It does't.  

My suggestion: watch the first and last episode of that story "arc", and save yourself the boring hour and a half it wants to waste your time with.  Don't give a shit about the fandom that says you need to watch it to be a true fan, even the manga version only drew two chapters for this silly arc.

Seriously, Kosaki agreed enough to spam this quote in the same post ~7 times.  Just skip that retarded ass arc.

I don't like nostalgia. I'm not a person who rewatches stuff, or rereads. I let my past lie in fear of nostalgia, that emotion which fools everyone. Yet, here I went and watched it:

Alps no Shoujo Heidi

Nosebleed talked about this recently and I kinda got the urge to go watch it, since I've been put in an unfair and stressing situation recently. And it hit me, it hit me sodding hard. Just the opening had me tearing up from a strange emotion, not sad, but I don't think I'd have any reason to be happy either. Bloody hell, just that makes it worth it.

As much as I like Haruhi, that endless 8 thing really was retarded. And I don't care that they changed some things here and there, it still doesn't excuse the retardation.

I've seen endless discussions on this topic, so I'll just leave my thoughts here.

Having the guts to pull what they did, takes quite a lot. I'll forever remember Endless 8 as that moment people all over were trolled hard. I watched at least 4 of them hoping for something different. It was wonderfully annoying.

I've seen endless discussions on this topic, so I'll just leave my thoughts here.

Having the guts to pull what they did, takes quite a lot. I'll forever remember Endless 8 as that moment people all over were trolled hard. I watched at least 4 of them hoping for something different. It was wonderfully annoying.

Guts =/= Cleverness

It might have taken guts, but it doesn't make any sort of point other than you're a huge troll. I'm not going to commend someone for putting me through something like Endless 8.

Even KyoAni didn't want Endless 8 but the original publisher was like "it's gun b fun gaiz" and clearly the backlash it got says something about it.

The Endless 8 arc is not some ingenuous form of art, it's just the product of someone that really had no idea what they were doing.

Guts =/= Cleverness

It might have taken guts, but it doesn't make any sort of point other than you're a huge troll. I'm not going to commend someone for putting me through something like Endless 8.

Even KyoAni didn't want Endless 8 but the original publisher was like "it's gun b fun gaiz" and clearly the backlash it got says something about it.

The Endless 8 arc is not some ingenuous form of art, it's just the product of someone that really had no idea what they were doing.

Please note I made no comment as to whether it was a good tactical decision or at all intelligent. 

I just found it hilarious after the fact.

Maybe I'll skip the next couple and go straight for the last one, then. I've already sat through 5 episodes of the 8 now, so based on what you guys are saying, I've seen more than enough. Good to know.

566.jpg

The second season of Haruhi was an abomination compared to the first IMO.  Mostly due to Endless Eight being the most ridiculous, un-enjoyable time-waste created in anime.  I suggest you do not even waste your time with it.