What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

While I don't usualy watch a lot of fan-service heavy shows, I admit I probably wouldn't have watched To Love-ru Darkness if it wasn't for the fanservice.  Finaly a show that assumes itself has an erotic comedy and does it very well to boot, I would even dare say that it was the best fanservice I've seen in anime so far.  As a fan of erotica in general, be it western(Manara for example) or japanese, this show kind of renewed my interest in ecchi manga/anime.  Definitely not the type of show I watch when my roommate is around though, but I still wouldn't want it to toned down.  It came as a nice surprise after some fairly average seasons.  I started reading the manga recently and so far it seems the anime was also pretty faithful.

Concerning the fan-service in Monogatari, I think if it's actualy well done artistically, most people won't really mind.  Of course there are still some who get offended by anything remotely sexual.  I'm sure the Kamui suits in Kill la Kill must've made more than one person uncomfortable. lol

As for what I'm watching, aside from the weekly shows I've been mostly watching some of my DVDs these past few days.  I just rewatched Akira which I hadn't watched in a few years.  Still a great movie, I'm in love with the music.  I've added a few shows to my CR queue, but am not sure what I want to start.

Finished Inu x Boku SS (Wow i am watching things slowly)

This was actually a very pleasant surprise. It had a rather conclusive ending or at least a satisfactory one.

I didn't think they'd actually be in a relationship by the end of the show and even share a kiss

The mixture of elements was nice and the overall atmosphere never really got TOO dark which i really appreciated. Really worth watching for a short romantic comedy.

I'm going to watch Hachimitsu to Clover next as I was told there will be a lot of feels (and tears).

Does anyone have suggestions for really sad anime series? 

Bring me the best you've got. I want one of those that makes you feel depressed inside and if possible bring you to tears. I mostly prefer ones that make you empathize with the characters, that's the kind of sadness that really puts me on edge.

It doesn't have to be romance (though it's often related to it). I've heard Nana is really good in this department at some point.

But yeah i'd be really grateful if you can make me cry since it's been a while since i've watched something of the sort.

Please check my MAL before suggesting though as I've seen quite a lot of things.

Bring me the best you've got. I want one of those that makes you feel depressed inside and if possible bring you to tears. I mostly prefer ones that make you empathize with the characters, that's the kind of sadness that really puts me on edge.

It doesn't have to be romance (though it's often related to it). I've heard Nana is really good in this department at some point.

But yeah i'd be really grateful if you can make me cry since it's been a while since i've watched something of the sort.

Please check my MAL before suggesting though as I've seen quite a lot of things

This. I too would like some sad series.

I'd offer suggestions but after a quick glance through your list, you've likely seen all the sad ones I've seen.

This. I too would like some sad series.

I'd offer suggestions but after a quick glance through your list, you've likely seen all the sad ones I've seen.

Yeah most of the mainstream ones I've likely seen and that's what i now struggle with: Finding worthy or entertaining stuff.

I wish i had the mentality i had when i first started watching anime where simple things would entertain me.

I just remembered I have not watched Kanon yet so that should be added. At least I got told it was sad..

But I really need more.

Please check my MAL before suggesting though as I've seen quite a lot of things.

Hm... I'll try but I'm not sure I'll hit exactly what you're looking for...

Nana is indeed a good one. Never finished it but it's full of tears.

In non-romance, you could try Texhnolyze. It's pretty much "this world is shit" the animation, very depressive, but also very slow-paced so you might get bored and not empathize with the characters...

I've always been told Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku is very sad (and good). Something about torture.

There's also Bokurano, which is pretty much psychological torture on children. Again, didn't finish it yet.

But I feel like you're more looking for something like character drama ending in tragedy, or something of the kind. I don't really have any in stock =p

Finished Inu x Boku SS (Wow i am watching things slowly)

This was actually a very pleasant surprise. It had a rather conclusive ending or at least a satisfactory one.

I didn't think they'd actually be in a relationship by the end of the show and even share a kiss

The mixture of elements was nice and the overall atmosphere never really got TOO dark which i really appreciated. Really worth watching for a short romantic comedy.

I'm going to watch Hachimitsu to Clover next as I was told there will be a lot of feels (and tears).

Inu x Boku SS is pretty good :'D as for sad anime... I don't really know many of them, I can only remember Kanon, AnoHana, Clannad A.S. and... Eh... Air and Angel Beats...? I can't really remember any other xD

Hm... I'll try but I'm not sure I'll hit exactly what you're looking for...

Nana is indeed a good one. Never finished it but it's full of tears.

In non-romance, you could try Texhnolyze. It's pretty much "this world is shit" the animation, very depressive, but also very slow-paced so you might get bored and not empathize with the characters...

I've always been told Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku is very sad (and good). Something about torture.

There's also Bokurano, which is pretty much psychological torture on children. Again, didn't finish it yet.

But I feel like you're more looking for something like character drama ending in tragedy, or something of the kind. I don't really have any in stock =p

I feel like those types of shows will make me more mad than sad because torture and stuff. Regardless I'll check them out. 

I'm going to start Hachimitsu to Clover. Then Nana and Kanon. Then I'll check these out.

By the way we have the same number of entries in our MAL. What is this? :ph34r:

I feel like those types of shows will make me more mad than sad because torture and stuff. Regardless I'll check them out.

Well I'm the contrary, bitter romance is more likely to make me mad than stories of horror. That's why I thought I wouldn't be able to give you good recommendations >_>

By the way we have the same number of entries in our MAL. What is this? :ph34r:

Quick, I'll go watch a movie to beat you :ph34r:

Well, I also have all those dropped things - while you have none, which is quite impressive in itself...

Well I'm the contrary, bitter romance is more likely to make me mad than stories of horror. That's why I thought I wouldn't be able to give you good recommendations >_>

Quick, I'll go watch a movie to beat you :ph34r:

Well, I also have all those dropped things - while you have none, which is quite impressive in itself...

It's not that I don't like horror but i watch it for different reasons other than being sad.

Mehh I mostly watch series so you'll easily beat me if you start watching movies~

My goal is to get to 400 before March ends.

It's called being a hard M. I have never dropped anything no matter how boring or  how bad it was. But then again i make thorough researches on the shows I watch in order to avoid most of these. If I can endure all 3 episodes of Boku no Pico and Mars of Destruction I think i'm prepared for anything

for finished animes i am watching:

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
Kyoukai no Kanata
Yuru Yuri second season

animes that are airing:

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren
Strike the Blood
Kiss x Sis OVA

And animes that i am rewatching:

Motto To LOVE-Ru
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

I see you didn't watched Hotarubi no Mori e. Well it's not a series it's a movie but it's sad so you might give it a shot