What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Serial Experiments Lain.

A warning if you're getting into it: Your brain is not prepared

I'm now reading some stuff about it to see if i can grasp it a little better though in the end i sort of did it was one of the most disturbing things.

Hm sounds kinda like Black Rock Shooter... lol anyway imma check it out later.

So, I assume you now associate "God" with something much more weird than before? That seeing electric poles trigger strange reactions, and that you won't ever see the internet and your computer the same way?

I'd like to try to point out websites where you can see people's interpretations, but I don't know a lot of those... Well, as time passes you get to understand it more and more I guess.

Yep. Pretty much.

I understood the overall point the anime was trying to make and understood it's not a new concept but the way the show tackled it was great and impressive. It didn't fall into the trap of explaining it and that's what made it so great. You have to interpret everything yourself (or most of it) and yet you still manage to get the overall idea.

Yes the word "God" definitely has a different conotation for me as of right now.

And i'll forever be afraid of the evolution of the internet. And more importantly humans and power don't go well together.

Lain's progress through out the series was so great.

From non existent to existing to developing feelings and human emotions, to goddess. To defeating the wannabe god that tried so hard to connect everyone and be able to control everything

I just finished skimming through the website you sent me and i managed to grasp it a bit better but i was surprised when most of the interpretations made by the user were very similar to mine though a bit more detailed of course.

One thing that hit me was that ending.. as bittersweet as they can come yet so perfect for what the show is. I loved it.

Definitely a show to be remembered.

Joshiraku

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (OH MAI GAT, WHO ALSO WANTS A PERSONAL WAIFU LIKE THIS?!)

Nisekoi

Gundam SEED (almost abandoned, but I want to resume)

Mayoi Neko Overrun

D-Frag!

Kiniro Mosaic

Nourin

Mahou Sensou

And I'll probably add more as they stack xD

I just watched the first episode to Highschool DxD.  Is the whole anime like that?  I'm not sure if I can keep watching it if so.

You mean breasts + breasts + breasts and more breasts all over your face?

Yes. Pretty much.

The good thing about Highschool DxD is that it actually has a plot and storyline and it feels somewhat fulfilling for an ecchi.

Going to watching 5 centimeters per scond now.

Wish me luck guys. I got a bucket to cry on.

You mean breasts + breasts + breasts and more breasts all over your face?

Yes. Pretty much.

The good thing about Highschool DxD is that it actually has a plot and storyline and it feels somewhat fulfilling for an ecchi.

Going to watching 5 centimeters per scond now.

Wish me luck guys. I got a bucket to cry on.

I think its a little too much Ecchi... Rias doesnt look like a main heroine at all. Asia, Koneko FTW!!

I think its a little too much Ecchi... Rias doesnt look like a main heroine at all. Asia, Koneko FTW!!

Yeah, i'm planning on reading the LN just because of Koneko, gotta have my daily doze of nekomimi lolis.

Anyway i'm planning on marathoning something today but i can't decide between Haiyore Nyaruko-san, Non Non Biyori and Hataraku Maou-sama, any idea on what to watch?

Yeah, i'm planning on reading the LN just because of Koneko, gotta have my daily doze of nekomimi lolis.

Anyway i'm planning on marathoning something today but i can't decide between Haiyore Nyaruko-san, Non Non Biyori and Hataraku Maou-sama, any idea on what to watch?

Nyaruko is pretty good. i liked it. It some how manages to squeeze everything in... comedy, romance, action and a little gore (VERY little) lol

If it's to keep you interested. Hataraku Maou-sama would do the job.

Haiyore Nyaruko-san either will be a hit or a miss for you. It's certaininly not the best comedy show and its focus is mostly parody, not everyone is into that. The plot is also rather weak.

Non Non Biyori is a great SoL but it's very slow paced and might not be fun to marathon. But if you're into really slow paced SoL stuff then go ahead.

So yes between those 3 Hataraku Maou-sama would be the easiest to marathon. I mean who doesn't like seeing the devil overlord working at McDonald's?

Edit: Just finished watching 5 Centimeters per Second.

Although it was very emotional and decently written i did not cry. I want my money back!

No seriously it was good albeit for the bittersweet ending that can be interpreted in many ways. I guess in the end it's just a story about coping with distance. I liked it. No tears but i still liked it.

Although it was very emotional and decently written i did not cry. I want my money back!

No seriously it was good albeit for the bittersweet ending that can be interpreted in many ways. I guess in the end it's just a story about coping with distance. I liked it. No tears but i still liked it.

I don't think the ending is supposed to make you cry, it's mostly about carrying the message of the movie.

The one part that got me crying was the first one (the end of it). It's extremely straightforward and you cannot see it coming, but it just works. It reminds me how short-movies like Furiko or Dareka no Manazashi can bring me to tears and evoke such strong emotions in the span of a few minutes and with something very simple.

I don't think the ending is supposed to make you cry, it's mostly about carrying the message of the movie.

The one part that got me crying was the first one (the end of it). It's extremely straightforward and you cannot see it coming, but it just works. It reminds me how short-movies like Furiko or Dareka no Manazashi can bring me to tears and evoke such strong emotions in the span of a few minutes and with something very simple.

I have to say for me the part that almost brought me to tears was the 2nd.

Seeing the girl's dream crushed like that was really heartbreaking in my opinion. And that moment when the rocket takes off and she finally realises she's reaching out to something she'll never get. Just made that moment even more devastating for me. 

But yes i figured the overall message was more alongside of the distance and how people cope with it in various ways.

Now i must ask for some sort of recommendation. Keep in mind i watched this movie right after Serial Experiments Lain. Any suggestion to continue this streak of deep and emotional stuff?

Now i must ask for some sort of recommendation. Keep in mind i watched this movie right after Serial Experiments Lain. Any suggestion to continue this streak of deep and emotional stuff?

Other movies by Makoto Shinkai overall have the same kind of theme. His two longer movies also have a few more themes.

For the deep stuff part, there is Paranoia Agent, a series that has similarities with Lain (although less creepy and less confusing) directed by Satoshi Kon (Paprika and other great movies, you could check those out as well).

And... actually forget about all this, I checked your MAL and you haven't seen Evangelion yet. Asking for deep? There you are. More electric poles. More depression. This time with giant robots and sexy chicks included in the deal.

No, seriously, I can't sum up all that Evangelion is in just a few sentences.

Other movies by Makoto Shinkai overall have the same kind of theme. His two longer movies also have a few more themes.

For the deep stuff part, there is Paranoia Agent, a series that has similarities with Lain (although less creepy and less confusing) directed by Satoshi Kon (Paprika and other great movies, you could check those out as well).

And... actually forget about all this, I checked your MAL and you haven't seen Evangelion yet. Asking for deep? There you are. More electric poles. More depression. This time with giant robots and sexy chicks included in the deal.

No, seriously, I can't sum up all that Evangelion is in just a few sentences.

I've actually been meaning to watch Paranoia Agent but i always forgot. Thanks for reminding me~

I'll be sure to check those out. I'm more fond of series than movies but I guess a movie once in a while is alright.

My only reason for not watching Evangelion is because of the robots.. I have never been fond of the mecha genre and so far till this date the only mecha anime i've enjoyed was TTGL. I've heard so much good stuff about Evangelion but when i think of all the mecha it completely removes my motivation. Please tell me the whole anime doesn't revolve around spaceships and robots..

My only reason for not watching Evangelion is because of the robots.. I have never been fond of the mecha genre and so far till this date the only mecha anime i've enjoyed was TTGL. I've heard so much good stuff about Evangelion but when i think of all the mecha it completely removes my motivation. Please tell me the whole anime doesn't revolve around spaceships and robots..

It's not a space-opera, line Gundam or Macross or Votoms would be. There are no spaceships, it's more a post-apocalyptic setting. The robots are used to fight a sort of alien invasion, but again this is nothing like an usual invasion.

The robots are pretty damn important though, even if they're far from being the only point. But, eh... would it help if I told you that in the very first episode, Eva-01 is designated as "the Synthetic Human Evangelion"? Hard to say more without spoiling stuff, but the robots are not treated the way they were before Evangelion.

The first half of the show is an "action part" with robots, fights and stuff, it's really entertaining and builds a number of things, but may not be your cup of tea, I don't know. Second half, shit get realz.

And there are a number of other things that could stop you - a lot of people dislike the MC, others find the plot lacking, others think the underlying themes are bullshit... It gets hated quite a lot. Still the most influential anime of all time though. And damn close to be my favorite, too.

It's not a space-opera, line Gundam or Macross or Votoms would be. There are no spaceships, it's more a post-apocalyptic setting. The robots are used to fight a sort of alien invasion, but again this is nothing like an usual invasion.

The robots are pretty damn important though, even if they're far from being the only point. But, eh... would it help if I told you that in the very first episode, Eva-01 is designated as "the Synthetic Human Evangelion"? Hard to say more without spoiling stuff, but the robots are not treated the way they were before Evangelion.

The first half of the show is an "action part" with robots, fights and stuff, it's really entertaining and builds a number of things, but may not be your cup of tea, I don't know. Second half, shit get realz.

And there are a number of other things that could stop you - a lot of people dislike the MC, others find the plot lacking, others think the underlying themes are bullshit... It gets hated quite a lot. Still the most influential anime of all time though. And damn close to be my favorite, too.

Hmm.. I'll try watching a couple episodes and see what all the fuss is about. That shouldn't hurt.

I'll probably end up finishing it because i've never dropped an anime before no matter how much i hated it.

But before that i'll watch Paranoia Agent.

Time to go deeper into the 2D world.

Hmm.. I'll try watching a couple episodes and see what all the fuss is about. That shouldn't hurt.

I'll probably end up finishing it because i've never dropped an anime before no matter how much i hated it.

But before that i'll watch Paranoia Agent.

Time to go deeper into the 2D world.

You can also watch the first Rebuild of Evangelion movie to get the same content as the first 6 episodes of the series minus some of Shinji's whining.  The second movie onward changes things up though.

I think the fact that Evangelion was one of the most popular series over ten years ago when I first got into anime and it still being talked about today speaks for itself.  Really liked End of Evangelion as well.  I'm not really into it as much nowadays, but I was a huge fan back in the days.  I still have to watch the second and third of the new movies though.  Damn, you kinda made me feel like rewatching it now.

(I took a picture of my Platinum Collection for the occasion, one of my oldest DVD sets)

eva002.jpg