What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I started watching Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, then bought the blu-ray set and started watching it again from the begining.  Both visualy impressive and hilarious!

I also finished Kyousougiga at a friend's recommendation.  It was really good.  Very original in both style and substance.

I loved PSG, especially the dub. And Kyousougiga is awesome. One of the most original, smart anime I've seen in a while. 

Just finished To Love-Ru and I have to admit that Darkness was a big step up for the series (despite the increase in fan service). The first two seasons just sort of meandered along doing nothing but Darkness had at least a semblance of a plot. It was a tad weird that the previous main heroines took a back seat, though i'm not complaining because Momo is Best Girl.

Not sure what to watch next. Does anyone have any good 12 episode shows to recommend? I'm watching Another with my girlfriend but I need something to watch myself.

Just finished To Love-Ru and I have to admit that Darkness was a big step up for the series (despite the increase in fan service). The first two seasons just sort of meandered along doing nothing but Darkness had at least a semblance of a plot. It was a tad weird that the previous main heroines took a back seat, though i'm not complaining because Momo is Best Girl.

Not sure what to watch next. Does anyone have any good 12 episode shows to recommend? I'm watching Another with my girlfriend but I need something to watch myself.

Why would the increase in fan service be a bad thing? :ph34r:

But I think we can all agree Darkness is just better. 

Although i do think Motto was already a nice step further it still went along the story of season 1 so it lost some points but Darkness is just a nice continuation.

In your list it says you haven't watched Elfen Lied. If you're into things like Another then i strongly suggest you do because Elfen Lied is a masterpiece.

I'm downloading Inu x Boku SS now. After playing the OP on osu i found it so cute (and because it was sang by Hanazawa Kana) that I had to download it. Hopefully it'll be good.

I also finished Gosick and it was rather enjoyable. It was certainly different from what i usually watch but it was a nice ride and the characters were quite memorable. Pretty good.

Although i do think Motto was already a nice step further it still went along the story of season 1 so it lost some points but Darkness is just a nice continuation.

In your list it says you haven't watched Elfen Lied. If you're into things like Another then i strongly suggest you do because Elfen Lied is a masterpiece.

I'm downloading Inu x Boku SS now. After playing the OP on osu i found it so cute (and because it was sang by Hanazawa Kana) that I had to download it. Hopefully it'll be good.

I also finished Gosick and it was rather enjoyable. It was certainly different from what i usually watch but it was a nice ride and the characters were quite memorable. Pretty good.

The fan service can be annoying at times and with certain people, but with the correct demography is a plus.

Momo is best girl no doubt about it.

Inu x Boku SS has one of my favorite openings, Karuta is too cute, but i can't explain the panties thingy of a certain scene, i take it it is the power of panties.

Fan service itself isn't a terrible thing. It doesn't turn me off a show and i'm sure that if I was single I would enjoy it. My issue with fan service is that it distracts from other more important aspects of a series. Just as an example, To Love-Ru showed that it can have a plot if it wants to but for the first two seasons it just faffed around looking for excuses to show off fan service. The other problem is that fan service limits who I can watch an anime with. There's nothing quite as awkward as sitting through a fan-service-heavy episode with your girlfriend sitting next to you.

Fan service can actually be a good thing in other cases. High School DxD was able to set up a plethora of hilarious situations that other shows just wouldn't be able to pull off (and it had a plot, to boot!).

Having said all that, I do plan to continue with To Love-Ru when the next season releases because Darkness was entertaining. I'll take your advice and check out Elfen Lied ^_^

Fan service itself isn't a terrible thing. It doesn't turn me off a show and i'm sure that if I was single I would enjoy it. My issue with fan service is that it distracts from other more important aspects of a series. Just as an example, To Love-Ru showed that it can have a plot if it wants to but for the first two seasons it just faffed around looking for excuses to show off fan service. The other problem is that fan service limits who I can watch an anime with. There's nothing quite as awkward as sitting through a fan-service-heavy episode with your girlfriend sitting next to you.

Fan service can actually be a good thing in other cases. High School DxD was able to set up a plethora of hilarious situations that other shows just wouldn't be able to pull off (and it had a plot, to boot!).

Having said all that, I do plan to continue with To Love-Ru when the next season releases because Darkness was entertaining. I'll take your advice and check out Elfen Lied ^_^

To Love-Ru is for a very specific demographic and it is very clear what it's trying to do so it's important to keep that in mind when watching it.

I got into To Love-Ru knowing what I was getting into (boobs) so it wasn't a shock. 

Of course there's a lot of bad ecchi that try too hard to have a story and even manage to have bad fanservice (Ikkitousen anyone?) and that's where to love-ru's first season kind of failed. It just messed around teasing the viewer and in the end we got nothing. And the fanservice wasn't out of this world either. Motto improved the fanservice greatly but the story was still leeching off of season 1 and they sticked with teasing the viewer which wasn't a good thing.

The second season actually went out of its way to put some more plot devices (The harem formation, Yami's arc and currently Nemesis' arc in the manga) which worked very well. Yes the fanservice amount was higher but again that is what To Love-Ru is about in essence. That's why I love it and that's why it's one of my favorite series as an ecchi. The second season just managed to bring some form of plot to keep you wanting to watch it not just for the breasts. Much like Highschool DxD which is great as well for an ecchi.

I don't know when we'll get (if we do get) a sequel because the manga is only a few volumes ahead.

I wish they'd have gotten into the Nemesis arc though. They'll probably do what they did with Motto and adapt it when the manga is finished.

I dislike how they only adapt filler chapters into OVAs (pure fanservice).

As long as Momo is there it's all good though.

I hope you enjoy Elfen Lied~

Just finished the fourth Kara no Kyoukai film. I really love this series. Excited for the fifth film, which seems to be the longest so far (2 hours)

The fifth is often considered the best among fans. It's a masterpiece.

And now I want to watch it again. It also has one of the best themes of the OST (Spiral).

Halfway through Inu x Boku SS (I watched it until 5am last night)

I'm really enjoying the concept and the characters. It sort of feels like Working!! with the mansion setting and the residents as main characters (whereas working is the cafe and the cafe staff). The supernatural elements are really making it for me though.

And Karuta is one of the most freaking adorable creatures I've ever seen!

I shall finish it today.