Character Hairstyles

Nosebleed

Well here's a random thread, haven't done one of these in a while.

I notice I often find myself using character's hairstyle as a real factor to decide wether or not I like them.

Not only that but some types of hairstyles may also tarnish the image I have of that particular character (regardless of anything).

When a character has my favorite hairstyle I usually end up loving them to death regardless of any other circumstances even. I even go as far as liking a character purely for aesthetics sometimes.

It's kind of like.. I want to pet them?

Here's a couple questions for fuwa I was interested in knowing. I hope I'm not weird.

1. Do you feel like character hairstyles play any role in how much you like a character? 
  2. Do you have any particular hairstyle you love/hate on a character?

As for question 2 (i already answered question 1) I absolutely love tied up hair on one side only (sidetail/bun), it makes any character 10 times cuter to me. I also prefer short length hair as opposed to longer ones.

And if they use some accessory to tie it up (from bows to fancy hair pins) i absolutely can't resist.

Here's a visual representation using a best girl (Yui Yuigahama)

fFBkkhP.jpg

No, the hairstyle isn't hat important to me. I naturally have preferences, but a haircut won't make or break a character for me.

There are only few records of hairstyling, abyssmal enough to earn spite from me. Like adult/epilogue-Chie from Kira*Kira (I love the normal Chie though).

My favorite girls are usually attached to a ponytail, even better if it's on the side. But I'm not picky, Twintails are fine, straight and long isn't problematic and I also really like short hair. Not too short though, especially up front. 

Rather than make or break a character I feel like, in a sea of recycled faces, hairstyles are that one thing that more often than not distinguishes characters for me (I know it's not the only thing but it's definitely the flashier thing) and I feel biased towards certain types of styles I guess.

Hairstyles can indeed make a difference, Hairstyles are like the icing on the cake.

But in my opinion Hair Colour also have as much of an impact as hairstyles.

In some/most cases hair colours and hairstyles make the characters look more unique in their own way, just my opinion though.

Hairstyle doesn't affect my preference for a character but I do like it when girls have "unique" styles in a show as suppose to all of them having it long or short and nothing else. Though I tend to like girls with long hair or a one sided ponytail more. I like short hair when the character does something unique with it, for example Yui from Oregairu with her sidebun or Honoka from Love Live! with her side ponytail.

Admittedly I've always wanted to do a one side ponytail as my normal hairstyle except that doesn't translate well in real life. It looks ridiculous and weird, stupid anime logic >_>

I think it was when I was reading Komomo's route in Hoshimemo, that I had a revelation: I really like long and blonde hair.

(might not be a coincidence...)

After that, I made a quick list over my favorite character(s) in every VN I had previously read, turns out that blonde characters were quite prominent on this list...

On account of that, hairstyles rarely matter to me, but I do prefer it when it is long.

1. You're weird, but that's a different story. :ph34r:

2. Hairstyles definitely play a big role, hair contributes a lot to my liking someone both irl and in VNs.

3. I really like long straight hair, and not necessarily simply let down like Kud does, Kotori has a great hairstyle. Short hair really depends on the character and the specific hairstyle, there are definitely some short hairstyle that I really like. As for what I don't like... twintails. 

I really like short hair, and it has definitely affected my opinions of a character before. An anime example would be Tobiichi Origami from Date A Live. I doubt I would find her nearly as cute if I didn't have a thing for short hair.

It also helps me form opinions of characters before watching an anime or reading a VN. When Clockup revealed the character designs for its upcoming game Eromanga, I instantly knew I was going to have to do the shorthaired girl's route first.

A notable exception to this is when a character has long blonde twintails and different-colored eyes (like Shizuru from Rewrite), but otherwise the short hair rule stands.

I forgot to point out but I really like red/orange or pink hair in characters, the color also plays a part in it although I think there's an appropriate style for each hair color.

I guess for me it comes down to asking this: "Would I pet this character's head for 1 hour straight?"

If yes then that means the hairstyle is perfect.

1. You're weird, but that's a different story. :ph34r:

1) Never really noticed so I'd say it doesn't matter to me.

2) As long as it's not over-the-top I'm usually fine with whatever. 

I have noticed something about the color of hair having an impact though, which typically becomes the color I associate them with so that may be why.  

It's Purple, Green and White for me BTW.  ;)

I like all kinds of hairstyle tbh, no favourites. However somehow i prefer long hair rather than short hair.

ofc there r some hairstyles that i like better than others, For examples

1.Drill

2.Twintails

3.My current Avatar hairstyle{i dont know the word for it}.

4.last but not least Ponytails.

And i hate bald char, male/female doesnt matter, somehow i just hate bald....FYI i`m not bald myself!!

To be honest, the reason I like ponytails, is because I fantasize to (gently) pull them. My exes always had straight hair, so I feel like I missed out on something.

My favorite character hair color is white, because something about that intrigues me. 

I guess for me it comes down to asking this: "Would I pet this character's head for 1 hour straight?"

If yes then that means the hairstyle is perfect.

That's a measurement I can somewhat get behind.

Hairstyles? That depends. If it's so outrageous that it looks good, why not? I don't think I recall any hairstyles that I hate though...

That being said, hairstyles is rather important to establish character personality i.e. Twintail braids usually indicates nobles, short hair or ponytail sometimes indicates tomboy personality, etc.

Personally the best hairstyle is obviously that of Ika Musume.... for.... various.... reasons....

I don't know. I thought I only liked pony tails, but I find straight long hair also beautiful.

I just know I hate pig tails/boar tails on 99% of female characters.

To that list I add:

Mine (Akame Ga Kill)

Tohsaka Rin

Kotori (Date A Live)

etc

The one to escape that list is Asuka. I've always loved Asuka's design and character. 

801.jpg?859