Character Hairstyles

Nosebleed

Hair colour/style is stands out much more in anime/VN than it does in real life and even most western fiction. So it's something I definitely take notice of. Personality is like 80% of what's important to me, but hair is still somewhat important. My preferred hairstyle is long and straight (even on guys, though it's more important to me on girls). Nothing too out of the ordinary, but I feel it looks best like that. Long, smooth and pretty. Haircuts are awful and need to die. Authors need to find a better way to symbolize character growth. I mean I can still find girls with short hair attractive, but that's mainly because anime girls are attractive by default. I doubt there's many characters I would prefer with short hair

Fav colour is something similar to this shade of blue:

99434.jpg

I also like jet black.

I've figured out I love it if they have some details in their hair, like fancy little hairpins or stuff like that ;)

Like Yui

500px-Yui_Hirasawa_new_mugshot.png

These little details i find really nice...

Yeah little touches like this can improve the overall look of a character. Helps them stand out a little too.

Honestly for me it depends on the personality more. If that fits with the hair style and so on. I will like it. Doesn't really matter what kind of art the character has.  Most important is that I like the character. Albeit.. When I think about it, long hair is one of my favs.  It's hawt.

Yui Yuigahama hairstyle is so weird man haha... I love that anime. But it looks like she got a Pokemon on curled up there.

138.gif

Honestly for me it depends on the personality more. If that fits with the hair style and so on. I will like it. Doesn't really matter what kind of art the character has.  Most important is that I like the character. Albeit.. When I think about it, long hair is one of my favs.  It's hawt.

Yui Yuigahama hairstyle is so weird man haha... I love that anime. But it looks like she got a Pokemon on curled up there.

138.gif

I'd catch that!

I've never really thought of it. Hmmm. The length and color of the hair is usually what pops out at me first.

Like if I see green-ish hair, my interest will perk up and I'll wonder if that character is interesting enough for me to favorite. xD  I think Green/Black are my preferred hair colors.

I don't think I'm too picky about hair style as much as how it makes the character look overall and fits their personality too...

But I do notice I'm not a big fan of the twin tails (top ones)...  I think the ones tied at the bottom (like Tenkuru mentioned), or one ponytail look cuter.

ed6b58e4d4b72903b262da9c5787403914025863

For me the length and color of the character's hair can be the dire difference between finding it attractive or not bothering with it at all. I love long hair in dark shades or completely bleached white, absolutely no bright colors. Hair accessories must be limited to small clips or bands and must shy away from shocking colors, no green ones whatsoever, absolutely no hats. Also hair styles must be limited to wavy or flat, no twintails, pigtails, buns, or ponytails. 

You see... hairstyle is wonderful. For personal taste, it does A LOT for me. I am personally a big fan of the long hair reaching down the back... because it is sexy, lets just get that out of the way here. Although... my funding of the Grisaia Kickstarter to the point of getting 
Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiruchiru Machiru should say something about my tastes as well.  :nervous: 

However, somehow... SOMEWAY... After reading through the Muv-Luv Trilogy again for the second time.. the exaggerated hairstyles there really started to grow on me, save for Miki's hair. It's an isolated case, but I really do like those styles a lot. I found them... well-placed. I just... I really really like the styling there.