Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I really enjoyed Michiru's route in Grisaia.

It did have its moments...                                                                                                      ...but Yumiko is still best girl

That depends...are there still any activities you can enjoy even if only briefly?

Do you ever still feel motivated to do anything? Are you ever not lethargic?

While apparent loss of the brain's local reward-system is the simplest sign of Major Depressive Disorder, chronic irritability and displeasure are also probable red flags.

If, within the last three months, you can still function normally a decent amount of the time, then you're probably still in the clear.

Of course, if you're convinced there's a significant underlying problem, then you should probably get professional help regardless of what I just said.

Going back to the original question, Major Depressive Disorder is probably not something any age-group should be expected to have, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant by depression in the first place...

Motivated to do anything? Yeah, I guess. I can still enjoy doing a lot of things: Gaming, listening to music, playing with the house cat etc. but they kind of feel like I'm just using them to pass the time now but I do enjoy them. The thing is they feel a lot emptier than they used to.

The thing is, this summer holiday of the last 3 weeks was pretty much what I had been waiting for for the whole school year but now it arrived and I'm not happy, that's one thing I can say for sure (except for some things like a friend coming over for three days etc.).

Depends what kind of depression. Tell us more

By "depressed" I meant just... well, sad and bored for no discernible rational reason. I feel down, and as far as I know "depressed" can be used in that meaning too (I'm sure that I don't have the disorder). I'm sorry if I made you all think that. By the way, I thank both of you.

By "depressed" I meant just... well, sad and bored for no discernible rational reason. I feel down, and as far as I know "depressed" can be used in that meaning too (I'm sure that I don't have the disorder). I'm sorry if I made you all think that. By the way, I thank both of you.

It took me 5 years to realize

But the Help Us Out: Active Tasks forum in Fuwanovel Community finally got ganked :sachi:

It was ganked yesterday at the earliest I believe.  It was fairly noticeable to me because it made that section of the forum more pronounced with the constant "We need help occasionally" post perma sticky locked by Tay while simultaneously making that subforum larger.

I'm watching Madoka Magica the movie on netflix right now

Confession: The new intro song and animation makes me happy~. I love the moments between Madoka & Homura in it  :yumiko: cuuute!  The english dubs are pretty good too (though Madoka's jp voice is still my fave).

homura did nothing wrong

Confession:  Just had my first D&D session ever.  Was really fun :D

Do tell :P

Confession: I rather don't mind Zeno's new avatar

Well, that's a first  :P

Confession:  Just had my first D&D session ever.  Was really fun :D

I used to play a similar tabletop game called Palladium with my Boy Scout troop.  One time this idiot tried to kill a quest giver for no reason, so the GM had the quest giver knock him out.  He woke up naked, tied upside down to a tree with all of his gear missing.  He got it back, but still didn't learn his lesson.  We ended up wiping a bunch of dead spiders on his character, and it gave him a horror factor (basically, whenever anything sees him, they had to roll to avoid being stunned from horror at the sight of the spider corpses on his head).  Man, I miss tabletop games.  I really should go to a local game store and try to play.

homura did nothing wrong

Do tell :P

Nothing too crazy.  More or less a fancy barfight with stealth and goblins, followed by some rooftop antics and really high rolls ^^;;

Two rogues and a wizard, our Dwarf-tank was absent for the session unfortunately.

Confession: I secretly liked the old one, so I mind it a lot. :yumiko:

Don't worry, I still have the other one sitting on my computer.  I'll switch it back when I feel like it ^_^

Nothing too crazy.  More or less a fancy barfight with stealth and goblins, followed by some rooftop antics and really high rolls ^^;;

Two rogues and a wizard, our Dwarf-tank was absent for the session unfortunately.

High rolls are the best.  Our GM decided to be funny and said that when I rolled a natural 20 the humanoid I was fighting just exploded from the sheer force of the blow.

I became this close to getting professional help for my problems which I am too lazy to mention again

I chickened out ;-;

You know what I want to say. You know RIGHT! :makina:

homura did nothing wrong

She's just Madosexual :wub:

Confession : I discovered myself sadist impulse lately :michiru:

(Sorry Shameful I can't keep it in :Kappa: )

Confession: I hate you  >.<

Can you read Japanese?  I didn't know that.

I can, with help of course. I use a text hooker, but I am getting to the point where I don't need to rely on it nearly as much as I used to when I first started out. Started back in March I believe, or somewhere around the end of February. Idek. :P Started studying about two years prior (although it was really on and off up until last September).

Confession: I have Muramasa installed and decided one day a month or two back to open it up and see how hard it was to read. Made it through the entire prologue without any problems, although I will admit the progress was really slow. However, I understood it just fine.

Confesion 2: My goal for this year is to finish Muramasa before the end of the year.

Confession 3: My goal for NEXT year is to at least start Dies Irae.

I understand that these may seem like lofty goals, but with my Japanese study regimen that I have been slowly adapting and remaking, but always going through with everyday (RIP Memrise XD)... I think my goals are quite feasible. I mean like, they are feasible to begin with, but it just depends on how much patience you have if you aren't up to snuff. However, by the time I go to challenge my goals, I hope to be in a position where I am up to snuff.

Confession: My study was at a long standstill once I tried to start learning grammar. I didn't even get to chapter 3 in Tae Kim's guide, and I felt kinda intimidated by both the page count and the information I was taking in. But just today I started to have a better grasp on the study material and I'll be reading the guide more earnestly.

Dies Irae is also one of my motivations for learning Japanese. And I'll be getting into the habit of looking at CGs and listening to OSTs from that game to keep myself from stagnating.

Confession: I'm jealous.  I had a difficult time learning anything besides the basic parts of Spanish, so I seriously doubt I'd be able to learn Japanese unless I work really hard at it, since Spanish is a lot more similar to English than Japanese is.  Oh well, I might as well try sometime in the future anyway, just to see if I can do it.  I still want to read CrossChannel in Japanese sometime.