Playing/reading multiple VN's at once.

Kimanor

I'm pretty sure that even with that minor spoil, you'll like the following.

I sure hope so.

Oh a bunny to tear apart. You haven't read Muv-Luv Alternative?

I have not read any of the muv luv visual novels yet. They are the last on my list, right after Fate/Stay Night.

Muv-Luv Extra is a little bit difficult to finish. It's just... real bad. Its humor is especially terrible. A lot of the events are so boring. Feel free to ctrl past everything to do with lacross. There's some very minor character foreshadowing there but oh my god is it boring.

Muv-Luv Extra is a little bit difficult to finish. It's just... real bad. Its humor is especially terrible. A lot of the events are so boring. Feel free to ctrl past everything to do with lacross. There's some very minor character foreshadowing there but oh my god is it boring.

I will have to disagree with this statement. I'll agree on one thing. Muv-Luv EXTRA is a bad visual novel in a lot of areas. Though the importance of playing the actual visual novel fundamentally lays deep with the core structure of characters and their development between each other. This is strictly important for Muv-Luv: Unlimited and especially Alternative. Jumping intro Unlimited without knowing what Extra was about is going to wreck a bit of senseless scenes. Jumping into Alternative is out of question as well.

I have not read any of the muv luv visual novels yet. They are the last on my list, right after Fate/Stay Night.

Continuing from where I left off from the quote above. EXTRA/UNLIMITED and Alternative are all like a package. They're a sequel to each other.

3fhV2O3C.jpg

^ Save that and use it when you're ready to blow through it. For EXTRA/UNLIMITED it is easy to breeze through these so don't use your off-days or your one-week vacation on it. Save that for Alternative. ML:A (Muv-Luv Alternative) is going to suck you dry, just like the terrible funny character art in that picture - lol.

Aside from that. Fate/Stay Night is freaking awesome. I played the fan-custom made Realta Nua for PC (with H-scenes) and it was really good. There's a new one out but I haven't played it. That one is a really long VN as well.

I will have to disagree with this statement. I'll agree on one thing. Muv-Luv is a bad visual novel in a lot of areas. Though the importance of playing the actual visual novel fundamentally lays deep with the core structure of characters and their development between each other. This is strictly important for Muv-Luv: Unlimited and especially Alternative. Jumping intro Unlimited without knowing what Extra was about is going to wreck a bit of senseless scenes. Jumping into Alternative is out of question as well.

Continuing from where I left off from the quote above. EXTRA/UNLIMITED and Alternative are all like a package. They're a sequel to each other.

3fhV2O3C.jpg

^ Save that and use it when you're ready to blow through it. For EXTRA/UNLIMITED it is easy to breeze through these so don't use your off-days or your one-week vacation on it. Save that for Alternative. ML:A (Muv-Luv Alternative) is going to suck you dry, just like the terrible funny character art in that picture - lol.

Aside from that. Fate/Stay Night is freaking awesome. I played the fan-custom made Realta Nua for PC (with H-scenes) and it was really good. There's a new one out but I haven't played it. That one is a really long VN as well.

Geh - This conversation is going to make me start a new visual novel again. Please... no more! I must not abandon Ef!!

I try not to read more than one visual novel at once as I find it detracts from the overall experience for me, but I can't say that it's unusual for me to do the opposite of that. I think for me visual novels sort of go through a honey-moon phase. Once the initial excitement of starting a new read wears off, I find myself considering what I intend to read next and find myself more excited to read the new title than what I am currently on. I'm like a small child in a lot of ways. :lol:

This is usually for the more 'lightly read' stuff though. If I find something particularly engrossing, I make it a point not to dilute my current experience by trying to balance a handful of VNs. Things like G-Senjou, F/SN, and currently Grisaia have been good enough to singly hold my attention.

I try not to read more than one visual novel at once as I find it detracts from the overall experience for me, but I can't say that it's unusual for me to do the opposite of that. I think for me visual novels sort of go through a honey-moon phase. Once the initial excitement of starting a new read wears off, I find myself considering what I intend to read next and find myself more excited to read the new title than what I am currently on. I'm like a small child in a lot of ways. :lol:

This is usually for the more 'lightly read' stuff though. If I find something particularly engrossing, I make it a point not to dilute my current experience by trying to balance a handful of VNs. Things like G-Senjou, F/SN, and currently Grisaia have been good enough to singly hold my attention.

I have yet to try Grisia too... Agh so much I have left to do... Though I could wait until Sekai Project finishes it's official translation I guess.

I have yet to see why everyone like F/SN. I may not have finished it, and I may have watched 1/2 of fate/zero, but even so, it's not really amusing.

I have yet to see why everyone like F/SN. I may not have finished it, and I may have watched 1/2 of fate/zero, but even so, it's not really amusing.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

For me, what really hooked me on the series was the sheer degree of world building the series does. Everything seems so explicit and well thought out. The series does magic in a mechanical, cohesive way that makes it seem more believable than other titles and I really appreciate that.

Oh, and of course -- those excessively, mind-numbingly long descriptions of food! (j/k)

Personally, I always have more than one going, I just try to make them different types. At least one that has a gameplay element (right now im playing sengoku rance), one serious one and one thats more light hearted. (i'm playing G-senjou and Deardrops) That way i have something for whatever mood im in :P

does happen to me, two reasons.

1. For some, I tend to lose interest at the near end and start another one. though that typically happens when things are getting repetitive or the climax has passed.

2. There's a comfort in having another VN to play (continue) after this one ends, thus eliminating the feeling of emptiness of being dragged back to reality after finishing a well enjoyed VN.

I can only handle playing three visual novels at once. Any more than that and I wouldn't be able to appreciate all the stories. Even then I focus most of my attention on one game. I downloaded quite a few visual novels that I haven't gotten around to yet, and sometimes it gets pretty tempting to start a new game but I hold myself back... most of the time

I used to only read VN's one at a time, but the withdrawal is so strong (and I can't read anything during that time), so I kinda stopped. I still limit myself (2 or three at most)...I won't start a similiar type of game (utsuge, mecha, mystery) if I'm already playing one of that type. I still might only play one visual novel for a few days straight: playing multiple VN's at once doesn't mean I don't get into one.

I don't switch back and forth between multiple VNs daily or anything, but I don't always finish one before starting another either.

There's also the case of non-PC VNs. I've read a few on iOS for example, so one of those may have been read parallel to one on PC (I tend to read them on the go, e.g. public transport. Then I would read a PC one at home).

Hahahaha! Reading various visual novels at once? No, I'd never do such a stupid thing.

Except for these titles:

Tomoyo After ~What a Wonderful Life~, which I stopped a quarter of the way through to read another VN.

Synphonic Rain, which I stopped at the beginning to read something else.

Swan Song, which I read a bit every few months.

ShiniKiss, which I stopped halfway through the second route.

Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo; in which I haven't even touched Houzuki's route. (Only Natsumi's and a bit of Touko's)

Osananajimi wa Daitouryou: My girlfriend is the President, which I read up to the OP.

One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~, which I only play when I use my laptop (aka never).

Fate/stay night, which I keep running away from for being too horrible for me. But I can't give up because I put it in my signature.

Amaranto, which I stopped just as the story was about to begin.

Katawa no Shoujo, which every time I felt I was about to reach a route's ending I decided to stop and start a different game.

--------------

Now, unless you want to be a dolt like me, I'd recommend you stop with your habits immediately. Or... endorse them, like I did! Since I eventually got used to it. And I guarantee, I will read all of those titles someday. Just... not anytime soon.

It seems we are in the minority.

though, I'm trying to break free from my ways.

well there's a lot of VNs i want to read before the summer ends that's why i'm reading more than one at the same time

I prefer to read one at a time, though I have started playing another after I just finished one or two routes.

Especially when you're immersed in the story of one VN it feels kind of awkward to suddenly have an entirely different atmosphere.

Hahahaha! Reading various visual novels at once? No, I'd never do such a stupid thing.

Except for these titles:

Tomoyo After ~What a Wonderful Life~, which I stopped a quarter of the way through to read another VN.

Synphonic Rain, which I stopped at the beginning to read something else.

Swan Song, which I read a bit every few months.

ShiniKiss, which I stopped halfway through the second route.

Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo; in which I haven't even touched Houzuki's route. (Only Natsumi's and a bit of Touko's)

Osananajimi wa Daitouryou: My girlfriend is the President, which I read up to the OP.

One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~, which I only play when I use my laptop (aka never).

Fate/stay night, which I keep running away from for being too horrible for me. But I can't give up because I put it in my signature.

Amaranto, which I stopped just as the story was about to begin.

Katawa no Shoujo, which every time I felt I was about to reach a route's ending I decided to stop and start a different game.

--------------

Now, unless you want to be a dolt like me, I'd recommend you stop with your habits immediately. Or... endorse them, like I did! Since I eventually got used to it. And I guarantee, I will read all of those titles someday. Just... not anytime soon.

That's an awful lot of exceptions.

You better not give up on F/SN. It's like, the most awesome thing since sliced bread.

And I love my bread.  ^_^

It's on my list for titles to complete this summer. Though I don't know how you compared it to sliced bread. Try something like bagels.

I often switch between VNs if they're of different general categories. For example, Hoshimemo gives a much different feeling than, say, Saya no Uta. Or when I get a little too depressed reading Narcissu, I can go enjoy the dokidoki atmosphere of the typical eroge. -_-

I used to have one main and one sonohana series for fap in most cases. Now I started ONE and it's fairly meh though somewhat interesting, then I started Remember11 since it's very different. Remember11 sucked away any will to read ONE though, so I'm just reading r11 for now. If I get tired of r11 though, I have something to return to~