What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

You're a lighthearted oaf who dropped Swan Song b4 things got too dark, so I'll warn you now not to go for Conquest ending in Re;birth 2    >:3

Other than that, glhf, I still haven't finished Re;birth 3 so I may just start it up when you get to it

Surprising. Didn't think this series would seriously take any particularly unhappy turns.

This first title absolutely did not seem like that, you know, with

Spoiler

the cackling evil villain whose only objective is to destroy the world because they're "evil". And him being trumped by the power of friendship.

I started World of Final Fantasy a week ago and it's GREAT. The twin protagonists are somewhat annoying but everything else is wonderful.

Nostalgic, hillarious and somewhat tactical if you don't know FF. It's the classical FF experience I have been waiting for years.

5 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Surprising. Didn't think this series would seriously take any particularly unhappy turns.

This first title absolutely did not seem like that, you know, with

Reveal hidden contents

the cackling evil villain whose only objective is to destroy the world because they're "evil". And him being trumped by the power of friendship.

Ya dw Re;birth 2's Conquest is like the only outlier anomaly in this series, the rest should be lotsa pleasant funtiming Nepu-memeings

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Then again, it turned out I just couldn't handle Neptunia - I barely played HDN;Rebirth for a few hours, months ago, and haven't ever gone back. I just didn't enjoy the gameplay very much.

Gameplay as in the whole game and its dialogues, or gameplay as in the JRPG elements?

Neppers is like a pseudo-VN with JRPG elements for me, and it's also why I can't read any pure moeges of cute grills doing cute things anymore- they're just too lacking for me. I'd rather play a game than read for that type of genre nowadays... same goes to Atelier series being my go-to for slice of life/adventure lighthearted goodies.

And Trails of Cold Steel is awesomeee for highskoo friendship slice of life

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Gameplay as in the whole game and its dialogues, or gameplay as in the JRPG elements?

Neppers is like a pseudo-VN with JRPG elements for me, and it's also why I can't read any pure moeges of cute grills doing cute things anymore- they're just too lacking for me. I'd rather play a game than read for that type of genre nowadays... same goes to Atelier series being my go-to for slice of life/adventure lighthearted goodies.

And Trails of Cold Steel is awesomeee for highskoo friendship slice of life

I meant the JRPG combat side of things. I don't actually mind repetitive and grindy, if it at least feels tactical, but Neptunia didn't really meet that bar for me. If I'm playing a game which is largely a JRPG, the gameplay in the Atelier series is the minimum bar for complexity and engagement (and of course Atelier has all the added bonus complexity of the alchemy, which takes the games from okay to really good, in spite of a fairly mediocre combat system), and I'd generally rather be playing something faster and more twitchy, like a Tales game or Lightning Returns, or something with a deeper tactical angle, like a Disgaea game. Neptunia combat was just kind of bland.

As far as the cute girls doing cute things, I guess that was okay, but I guess it's not enough when that's the only part I'm enjoying, and there are other parts I'm not enjoying. Games like Recettear, for example, are nice because I enjoy all the pieces of it, from the cute girls being cute to the dungeon crawling to the item shop sales optimization problem.

Time to play Tyranny!

For now it's proven to be quite entertaining, although it does one thing that I always dislike about this kind of games. I really would prefer not to get tons of teammates within the first hour of playing. I wanted to get some more character and dynamics building with Verse, the first character you get, before getting more people maybe later on, some hours into the game. Instead, I've played for about an hour, and already have a full party of 4, and been hinted of a 5th member.
The game's still awesome, but I just wish they didn't do this.

After roughly 50 hours I've finished SMT3: Nocturne. I've enjoyed it quite a bit overall - the OST and setting in particular was very nice, and the battle system still fun even after I've gotten spoiled by Persona 5. Everything else didn't hold up that well though - random skill inheritance, random skill changes on level up, random stat gains/curses on level up, random treasure out of chests.... I'm glad the newer releases in the series made away with these mechanics. Still a very enjoyable game overall though.

I thought I would take a break from the series, but since I've started it a week ago or so, I might just as well move onto SMTIV right away.

Call of duty infinite warfare - Campaign was alright, still felt very cod even though it was in space. Some elements of Mass Effect in there, which was weird. 

Latest final fantasy xv demo - It is the first thing to get me excited, i might have to pick it up. The soundtrack sounds stellar.  

i cannot buy dishonored 2!! for some reason my paypal account and my credit card are not working on GMG >_> (i have a coupon of 9 dolars plus the 20% off) guess i will have to play to tyranny but the cliffhanger ending that I read in every review doesnt sounds really good... maybe i should play anachronox :shrug: 

Anybody playing Al Fine? When I first read about it a couple days ago, I thought it was pretty funny to see a Recettear clone so soon after discovering Recettear, and I didn't really feel like picking up another item shop simulator quite so soon. But I admit, my interest is piqued. I found one review which seemed to be saying "It's fine but nothing special", which isn't really what I'm looking for, seeing as Recettear really did have a lot of charm to it. From what I read there, it sounds like this game falls short of Recettear on several fronts, and only surpasses it on visuals, which I can find in any number of other games.

So, anyway, curious if anybody else has played and formed an opinion on it, before I go try it out.

Welp, yesterday I finished Tyranny. It ended being as cool as I had initially thought, albeit a bit short. I guess that is because the game has a lot of replayability. Not just by making a completely different character, but also by doing a completely different combination of alliances.

I must say, though, that the very end of the ending didn't feel very satisfactory, as it's left on a really weird super open note, which makes you ask yourself "Am I done? Or is this the intro for Act II?" This would make much more sense if Tyranny was the first game on a series of games, probably. I'm also a bit unhappy that the last part of the game is very rushed:

Spoiler

When you finally activate all 5 spires and become in Archon in everything but name, the game ends almost immediately. You try your power in the spire, get summoned, decide which Overlord takes the blame for everything, convince Tunon to side with you (or kill him I guess, or whatever you decide to do), kill Blenden Mark, kill the other Overlord... and the game ends. And I'm not summing it up. These are all consecutive scenes. You get to the "end game" of Tyranny, and don't really get to feel like an Archon or Overlord-in-the-making for half a second before the game ends.

Just played some Titanfall 2 singleplayer, and holy crap, that is one well-optimized game.  Everything was set to high or higher (GTX 970 + i5-4670k), my CPU temp didn't go above 50, and I didn't even notice one instance of stuttering.  It's so nice to play a well optimized FPS on the PC  :sacchan:

On 11/11/2016 at 8:29 AM, Vokoca said:

After roughly 50 hours I've finished SMT3: Nocturne. I've enjoyed it quite a bit overall - the OST and setting in particular was very nice, and the battle system still fun even after I've gotten spoiled by Persona 5. Everything else didn't hold up that well though - random skill inheritance, random skill changes on level up, random stat gains/curses on level up, random treasure out of chests.... I'm glad the newer releases in the series made away with these mechanics. Still a very enjoyable game overall though.

I thought I would take a break from the series, but since I've started it a week ago or so, I might just as well move onto SMTIV right away.

Did you do all the endings, including True lucifer? can't say you've actually finished it until you are the new lord of hell :sachi:

Giving in to Vita piracy was a bad idea ;-;

Started all the games below:

1) Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers (3DS)- The cyberpunk feeling was quite nice but there's a lack of worldbuilding. That said, the gameplay is really good. Sweet spot for encounter rate.

2) Persona 2: Innocent Sin- Lovely, lovely game. The characters are great, the art and music is awesome, and the plot has potential with some mystery established early on. Persona awakenings feel so inconsequential though lol.

3) Corpse Party- Tense as fuck. Got close to the end of Chapter 1, but got repeatedly stuck in a place, so on hold for now.

4) God of War- The Vita remaster is pathetically done (font and text looks stretched as fuck, PS2-level graphics, cutscenes straight from PS2 version) but yo-ho, a pirate's life for me- the gameplay is really fun to boot and I like the setting.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started playing Star Wars The Force Unleashed... again. Though this time in the top difficulty which in unlocked one you finish the game.

Taking aside that I'm a Star Wars fan, the game is really good. Kinda RPG you model the character to your likings by upgrading combos, force and passive habilities and Lvling by making a good mix of them as you progress. And also a very good story. Highly recommended.