What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Yeah, I heard about that. It's pretty ridiculous. People were getting banned for using a single player FoV mod I think. The anti-cheat engine can't discriminate between single player and multiplayer mods or something. They really have to do something about that, since mods are pretty important for a game like GTA.

So, apparently the Steam version of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 will crash every time you launch a game mode unless you have a mic plugged in.  No joke.

Gonna start modding it.  Vanilla is great, but mods make everything better.

WHAT????? How does this even happen lololol...

WHAT????? How does this even happen lololol...

I have absolutely no idea.  Found this out when I installed it on another computer and looked up why it was crashing.  Apparently it's the best way to keep it from crashing.  There's no official or unofficial patch that fixes it, as far as I know.

I have absolutely no idea.  Found this out when I installed it on another computer and looked up why it was crashing.  Apparently it's the best way to keep it from crashing.  There's no official or unofficial patch that fixes it, as far as I know.

Classic Pc games and their random technical issues.

Speaking of technical issues I played some Stalker: Call of Pripyat with Misery mod today, game that loads for five minutes when you start it and crashes randomly. Stalker games are my go to games when I'm not sure what to do. It's so Zen running around in the desolate Zone, walking into anomalies and having face to face encounters with mutants.

They are also the kinds of games that create their own stories, thanks to random mutant spawns and enemy patrol routes. Today I ran into two pseudo-giants (strongest mutant in the game) in a bunker which already contains dwarf with telekinetic powers. I spent half an hour trying to run past them, it was super tense.

I played some PixelJunk Shooter with my little brother. I just randomly picked it from my countless humble bundle games because it had co-op, but it's actually pretty fun game. The puzzle and shooting elements are simple but solid, and it's great for playing around. Most of the fun came from trying to use the environment to kill each other in order to snatch all the collectibles.

I don't consider myself very good older brother, but from time to time it's nice to play with him because he's always super exited about it. When he's old enough I'm definitely going to corrupt him with visual novels.

Started Super Mario World's GBA port on my phone

Spin Jump is AMAZING

Also

I've been looking at the listings for a GBA SP on Ebay, found a refurbished AGS-101(brighter screen) in Pearl Blue for $110 cargo included, and a flashcart seems to be around $30-$35, with free shipping on Aliexpress.

Tıme to hope!

Found out that one of my favorite games of all time Knights of the Old Republic got a restoration patch made. The changes made have been pretty good so far.

I've been looking at the listings for a GBA SP on Ebay, found a refurbished AGS-101(brighter screen) in Pearl Blue for $110 cargo included

I feel like you could get an SP for much cheaper then this.

There is also the KOTOR2 restoration mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm This one is more important because KOTOR1 was more or less a complete game and the cut content was cut for a reason. KOTOR2 was gutted and released unfinished, and this excellent mod basically restores it to how it should have been.

----------

I've been playing Final Fantasy 13 lately. I don't know why, I just have been. It's not good. Don't make my mistake, don't play Final Fantasy 13.

I watched an LP of 13-2. It looks worse in some ways, better in others, maybe mostly worse, but that was my own impression from watching. The opinions I hear from others seem to fall into both camps. Apparently 13-3 is a single character quasi-action game? It's like they gave up on 13's battle system completely by that point.

Too late, Decay.

I already bought it. I have XIII-2 but not XIII.

RIP money into shreds.

I've heard that it's even worse than the first one.

Actually 13-2 was much more fun and had a more interesting plot than the first one. I enjoyed it way more than 13.

But...

the ending is so bad it will retroactively make you hate every minute you spent playing the game. After seeing the ending I swore off Final Fantasies for a few years and hated even to hear the name Square Enix. I gave 13-2 away to a friend who was interested and wouldn't take his money for it because giving that game away is like punching the poor guy in the gut only he won't feel it til he sees that AWFUL FREAKING ENDING.

13-3 is interesting if you want to play Lightning dress-up, but unfortunately while the lively and interesting characters were kind of one of the charm points of 13 and 13-2, 13-3 does this weird thing where no one acts like they should and everyone seems to only have one personality trait that gets pounded over and over. About all it has going for it is the interesting costume system. Everything else 13-3 does feels either like a step backward or the kind of needlessly complicated BS Compile Heart would think up to artificially extend the length of their games.