What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I bought the new Monster Hunter. I don't regret buying the new Monster Hunter, but boy do I regret buying the new Monster Hunter.

It's not like I had things to do in 2015. Like sleeping. Or eating. Or taking showers.

That good, huh. I have yet to really get in the series. Partly because of what you mentioned, I'm scared of becoming a hermit. How long is the game or does it depend on how long you're willing to grind for materials?

That good, huh. I have yet to really get in the series. Partly because of what you mentioned, I'm scared of becoming a hermit. How long is the game or does it depend on how long you're willing to grind for materials?

I got it about 3 weeks ago, and I already invested over 80 hours into it, and that was by using only the Lance as a weapon! With still more upgrades to unlock and more weapons to try, I still have a lot to do~ Anyway, it's my first Monster Hunter game and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. The Wi-Fi Multiplayer feature is being used a lot more efficiently than most 3DS games (by most, I mean all--kind of).

I got it about 3 weeks ago, and I already invested over 80 hours into it, and that was by using only the Lance as a weapon! With still more upgrades to unlock and more weapons to try, I still have a lot to do~ Anyway, it's my first Monster Hunter game and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. The Wi-Fi Multiplayer feature is being used a lot more efficiently than most 3DS games (by most, I mean all--kind of).

I've never played a Monster Hunter game myself, but the only person I know who does gives a view similar to yours - Monster Hunter 4 is apparently amazing, and is about all he plays right now.

I just couldn't stand autonomous allies in both games. The second someone didn't do exactly what I wanted them to do I changed everyone to manual control.

I didn't even realize that P3 versions other than P3P don't let you control allies. I can't imagine playing a Persona game with my allies constantly taking sub-optimal actions... Meanwhile, P3Fes is the only way to get to play The Answer, and P3P is the only way to get to play with female Main Character (who is easily the cutest girl in the game). That's some tough trade-offs.

The gameplay ain't that amazing, yeah, but I thought the characters were fun. And the challenges added by 'Additional Content' really are challenging, like that one battle I can't seem to finish. Personally, the interaction is everything in the series. But looking in deeper in the gameplay wouldn't hurt.

Regarding Neptunia: I really like JRPGs, but I don't especially like the gameplay in Hyperdimension Neptunia. As Stray Cat mentioned, the difficulty is very uneven, which is a definite downside (you'll cruise along for a while without even breaking a sweat, and then get viciously slapped around by a boss). I picked up HDN Re;Birth 1 and played it for ~7 hours, but then got side-tracked by also picking up my first Atelier game, and I've never looked back since I started playing Atelier Ayesha. I'll probably go back to Neptunia eventually, though - it is definitely cute, and it is fun enough to be worth the time.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game myself, but the only person I know who does gives a view similar to yours - Monster Hunter 4 is apparently amazing, and is about all he plays right now.

I didn't even realize that P3 versions other than P3P don't let you control allies. I can't imagine playing a Persona game with my allies constantly taking sub-optimal actions... Meanwhile, P3Fes is the only way to get to play The Answer, and P3P is the only way to get to play with female Main Character (who is easily the cutest girl in the game). That's some tough trade-offs.

Regarding Neptunia: I really like JRPGs, but I don't especially like the gameplay in Hyperdimension Neptunia. As Stray Cat mentioned, the difficulty is very uneven, which is a definite downside (you'll cruise along for a while without even breaking a sweat, and then get viciously slapped around by a boss). I picked up HDN Re;Birth 1 and played it for ~7 hours, but then got side-tracked by also picking up my first Atelier game, and I've never looked back since I started playing Atelier Ayesha. I'll probably go back to Neptunia eventually, though - it is definitely cute, and it is fun enough to be worth the time.

Welcome to my Persona 3 experience:

p3_miscalculation_by_skipaway-d38tzje.pn

Also, after chapter 3 I never haven't hit another difficulty spike.  One you get enough EXE the game becomes a little broken. 

Yeah, the A.I was intolerable in vanilla P3. Lack of control is only an option if you can trust your teammates to make semi-sensible decisions. They don't have to be tactical whizzes, but they do have to display some sort of ability to react and think for themselves. Was pretty damn frustrating.

Monster Hunter games are awesome and crazy addictive. I played Freedom Unite on PSP close to 300 hours. I got my copy just before I got the swine flu back in the day, and spent a week in my bed playing Monster Hunter. 

I would probably play more monster hunter if it was on proper consoles.   :sachi:    

Even thought of using A.I in P3 makes me shiver. The end game bosses are difficult enough without random actions. Unless you grind and get best personas.

Oh by the way, my advance on Persona 3 Portable.

Just got the first full moon, the battle was easy, but gosh, that shadow hooker...

Also, now i has access to theh higher levels, established social link with Junpei, Yukari, the SEES, the old bookshop clerks, the Volleyball team and the Library council.

Dark Souls 2, Scholar of Sin edition

This game makes me want to throw my controller against the wall, yet it is so insanely addicting.

There are some stupid ambushs every now and then and most enemies become totally easy once you are familiar with the movesets, but that adventure-feeling where death may linger behind every corner is too good.

It also looks epic!

Dark Souls 2, Scholar of Sin edition

This game makes me want to throw my controller against the wall, yet it is so insanely addicting.

There are some stupid ambushs every now and then and most enemies become totally easy once you are familiar with the movesets, but that adventure-feeling where death may linger behind every corner is too good.

It also looks epic!

Dark Souls 2 is awesome indeed, especially the DLC areas. Which kind of character are you playing? A mage, Fat rolling tank with a shield or manly man with only club and a loin cloth? 

Dark Souls 2 is awesome indeed, especially the DLC areas. Which kind of character are you playing? A mage, Fat rolling tank with a shield or manly man with only club and a loin cloth? 

First character in original dark souls 2 was a classic 1h sword´n board heavy armor type. Played with that through the first Newgame.

For scholar of sin I decided to go for light armor and spear / halberd with a light shield, since armor doesn´t mean much anyway. Halfway through first Playthrough currently.

Maybe I´ll try 2h no armor someday. Though this game is sadistic enough already . .

I barely looked into mage-stuff so far, so that´s also up for later.

Your favorites?

First character in original dark souls 2 was a classic 1h sword´n board heavy armor type. Played with that through the first Newgame.

For scholar of sin I decided to go for light armor and spear / halberd with a light shield, since armor doesn´t mean much anyway. Halfway through first Playthrough currently.

Maybe I´ll try 2h no armor someday. Though this game is sadistic enough already . .

I barely looked into mage-stuff so far, so that´s also up for later.

Your favorites?

I like to go without shields and using light weapons like spears and normal swords, sometimes with a little pyromancy to cheese the most annoying enemies. Toxic mist is super handy. 

Bosses became so much more satisfying and intense when you have to dodge everything. It doesn't work that well against enemy hordes, but it's still pretty fun. If only you could do cartwheels in DS2 like in the first one...

All Monster Hunter games have two big breaking points:

The first one is reached after about one hour. A lot of people give up on Monster Hunter really fast, because it takes a lot of interest and motivation to learn all the basics and collect items, while fighting nothing but thrashmobs instead of epic beasts.

If you get past that, you'll hunt for about 100 hours, which is about how long it takes to complete the singleplayer only stuff. What comes after that, are the G-Rank quests, which are very, very, very hard to do alone, so a lot of people stop at that point, because they have no buddies to multiplayer with.

But thanks to the inclusion of online multiplayer on the 3DS, the last worry is for naught! You can play monster hunter forever! Or atleast until the next one comes out.

If you're a starter, I'd recommend watching tutorials on youtube. 

Just  bought and beat Blue Estate, it was really short,only about 2-3 hours of gameplay(but you can still replay it for better scores and achevs nad etc) but I would say it was worth the 10 bucks,the story was pretty good, the humor was pretty good, and the game-play was unique(it was a rail shooter), considering how many game Devs don't make games like this that often, it was quite refreshing 

Anyone got any good GBA, GBC, or GB ROM recommendations?  I'm currently addicted to Aria of Sorrow right now, but I'm interested in ROMs once again.

The ROMs I currently have: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and The Minish Cap, Metroid Zero Mission, Pokemon Crystal, Red and Yellow, and Sonic Advance 2.

I'm considering getting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as a ROM, simply because I've never been able to beat it on the cart because I always miss one vital mission item that I can't get again, and cheats to get them are rather appealing.

Anyone got any good GBA, GBC, or GB ROM recommendations?  I'm currently addicted to Aria of Sorrow right now, but I'm interested in ROMs once again.

The ROMs I currently have: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and The Minish Cap, Metroid Zero Mission, Pokemon Crystal, Red and Yellow, and Sonic Advance 2.

I'm considering getting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as a ROM, simply because I've never been able to beat it on the cart because I always miss one vital mission item that I can't get again, and cheats to get them are rather appealing.