What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

You playing the original version or the remastered one?

If it's any of them, please do tell me where you got it.

I believe it's the original one as it says 1988-1993 in the intro. I forgot where I downloaded it though, but I know the site had a blue background. I remember that it was called Demon Castle when I first found it and you actually have a setup icon to install it on PC. I can upload the game's installation file if you want.

m2aGGOC.png

Please do, Lexy.

Please do.

Anyway, blew 3+ hours in Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, and I'm now at 160+% map completion.

I don't know what the heck I should do now. Maybe I'll resort to looking at a guide or something. I don't want to waste a lot of time circling both castles. Hint Cards are teases.

I'm playing Baldur's Gate II: EE as well as some GTA Online. Also working on a no-damage run of Castlevania: Bloodlines.

BG2 is making me want to replay Planescape: Torment. The problem with that is that PS:T sets the bar so high in terms of writing, that it always lessens my enjoyment of novels and visual novels I'm reading at the time.

This is the link to the original Castlevania, Rondo of Blood for PC: Dracula X

Didn't know a PC version existed. Regardless, it's better on the PC Engine CD, as you can emulate it with Retroarch in HD, with sharp bilinear filters, 16:9 aspect ratios and whatnot. Also better controller support and compatibility with any hardware and OS.

Also, has anyone ever played the Rondo of Blood remake? Absolutely terrible, right? The original has a smooth 60 FPS and tight controls, whereas the 3D remake barely reaches 25 FPS, and destroys the soundtrack with overproduced orchestral tracks. The original metal OST is far superior. The remake also looks like garbage compared to the original; which arguably is the peak of 16 bit visuals.

Aren't DDL (Direct Download Links) forbidden?

As far as I know, the no torrents/download/etc. links rule only applies to VNs.

Taking a break from GTA V to play some other games, like Risk of Rain and HDN: Re;Birth.  Also gonna get crackin' on my ROM of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

I'm playing Baldur's Gate II: EE as well as some GTA Online. Also working on a no-damage run of Castlevania: Bloodlines.

BG2 is making me want to replay Planescape: Torment. The problem with that is that PS:T sets the bar so high in terms of writing, that it always lessens my enjoyment of novels and visual novels I'm reading at the time.

Also, has anyone ever played the Rondo of Blood remake? Absolutely terrible, right? The original has a smooth 60 FPS and tight controls, whereas the 3D remake barely reaches 25 FPS, and destroys the soundtrack with overproduced orchestral tracks. The original metal OST is far superior. The remake also looks like garbage compared to the original; which arguably is the peak of 16 bit visuals.

Didn't think it was that bad. But it indeed lacked the charm of Castlevania games. But the visuals was very nice.

Then again, I can't really hate much.

The Amplitude bundle was on sale for steam a while ago, grabbed it since some of my friends already own endless space, so I'm gonna try it out and see what its like...but the game sizes kind of worries me....only 1.9 G?...WTF....a 2010+ PC game should have at least 10g+ unless its indie....Idk why it has so little space....guess I'll find out soon 

So I got a PS4 about 3 days ago... and then I opened the outer package a day later, and found my preordered copy of Spice & Wolf Volume 14 as well as the PS4 (bonus!). But I still haven't actually opened the PS4 box yet... and I still don't feel motivated to. Amazon sent me a code for a digital download of Last Of Us remastered, which I hear should be good, but for some reason I just don't feel like doing any home console gaming lately, so the consoles languish.

So I got a PS4 about 3 days ago... and then I opened the outer package a day later, and found my preordered copy of Spice & Wolf Volume 14 as well as the PS4 (bonus!). But I still haven't actually opened the PS4 box yet... and I still don't feel motivated to. Amazon sent me a code for a digital download of Last Of Us remastered, which I hear should be good, but for some reason I just don't feel like doing any home console gaming lately, so the consoles languish.

I'm pretty jelly...there are some great PS4 games that I am longing to play, the last of us being one of them...and so many others...but I have to save my money....In order to run The Witcher 3, I'm probably gonna have to drop a lot of money just to get it to run on my PC, its been a couple years old and now its outdated to the point where it can't run new triple A games on a recommended setting... I can't even run witcher 3 on minimum setting.... so as much as I'd love to get a ps4..I have to upgrade my desktop first.

Pulled out my old game cube and F-Zero GX. This game made me rage so much and brought out the   :salt:  in me when i was younger trying to beat Story mode on Very Hard and the cups on master class (which i've never been able to do lol). GX is probably one of my favorite and one of the best games i've ever played though. Awesome graphics and visuals(at the time), awesome soundtrack, Captain Falcon, the focus on high speed which made it insanely fun for a racing game, and the awesome course designs as well. 

Bought Crypt of the NecroDancer. Good stuff so far, though I haven't been able to try the local co-op yet.

Didn't think it was that bad. But it indeed lacked the charm of Castlevania games. But the visuals was very nice.

Then again, I can't really hate much.

I'd say the visuals and music were by far the worst part of the remake.

Rondo of Blood is one of my all-time favorite games, and the remake rubbed me the wrong way. Still, it included the original RoB and the definitive version of Symphony of the Night, so it's an excellent package.

I want no home consoles, I just want to have a NES Edition GBA SP with a flashcart, and then I will be set for the foreseeable future.

I think with PS Now I can play TLOU on my Vita, so I am set on that front lol

Save yourself the money and look into emulation. Emulation up until the 6th generation can be run on a toaster. There's an emulator called Retroarch, which combines all the popular emulators for all platforms up until 6th generation, plus the DS and the PSP. It also works on modern phones and tablets.

Save yourself the money and look into emulation. Emulation up until the 6th generation can be run on a toaster. There's an emulator called Retroarch, which combines all the popular emulators for all platforms up until 6th generation, plus the DS and the PSP. It also works on modern phones and tablets.

Retroarch requires some frontend and shit that I cannot bother with.

Also, I already have MyBoy and MyOldBoy on my Xperia and it works near perfectly. I do not need any other emulator at the moment, I want to buy a genuine GBA SP NES LE because it is my favorite handheld, the design is practically perfect, and I used to have one when I was a kid. Also some stuff just does not click on an emulator (and 3DS/Vita do not have a GBA emulator yet).

I appreciate the sentiment though.