What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Retroarch requires some frontend and shit that I cannot bother with.

Also, I already have MyBoy and MyOldBoy on my Xperia and it works near perfectly. I do not need any other emulator at the moment, I want to buy a genuine GBA SP NES LE because it is my favorite handheld, the design is practically perfect, and I used to have one when I was a kid. Also some stuff just does not click on an emulator (and 3DS/Vita do not have a GBA emulator yet).

I appreciate the sentiment though.

Yeah, it does require a frontend on mobile platforms, though you can also use it on a CFW PSP without one. PC is essentially extract and execute.

Personally, I can't stand tiny screens. Even as a kid, I was infuriated at how tiny the display was on my GBC while playing Pokemon Red and Silver. I doubt I'll ever touch a handheld outside of emulation again. I even stretch those GBA games to 16:9 across my big TV. It's comedic. Sharp bilinear and CRT filters do scale it properly in HD, though, so there's that.

I'm getting ready to start my third playtrough of Lost Planet 2 co-op tomorrow. That game is a damn blast.
Also crying over the fact that my old trusty PSP doesn't switch on. I hope it's the AC charger and not the actual console. I swear I could marry the fucking thing.
Also I'm really getting into Artificial Academy 2. Not entirely sure if that's a good thing.

I'm still playing Destiny for a couple hours most weekends. When you have a buddy to play with, and when you play it casually enough, the game is still quite fun - I don't notice the repetitiveness of Strikes and such because I'm playing them so rarely, and the Crucible is of course different every time. It helps that they recently added a no-radar hopper to the Crucible, which is way more enjoyable. Radar has been the bane of my existence in Halo-style multiplayer games for the ten years I've been playing them.

Finished Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.

That last boss was too easy. I didn't know I needed to put on MK's bracelet though lol. So I basically got three endings. Anyway, Dracula at his best suit:

uJ8QmPx.png

The interaction between the three of them's really nice. Feels so young. And friendly.

Also, Maxim is ugh. Wtf, getting 37 damage from a bat?

Playing as Simon Belmont really brings me back memories.

Anyway, started Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

It's quite different from the GBA ones. Harder, actually. Like, fuck. I got screwed by second boss. It might be because I'm not used to the NDS controls. But I'll get through. Shanoa has a hot back.

I need more Glyphs in my life.

Empire at War or Empire at War Gold?  I got Gold when it was on sale, even though I'm typically terrible at RTS games.  Played a little bit of it, and I have to say, it's pretty fun.

The gold edition is pretty well made and fun to play.But what I recall it lacked something,

I am trying to learn Crusader Kings 2, the learning curve is killing me. Even though I am a hardcore EU4 player this is so much more detailed. I have to kill my relatives, family and distant relatives and that Aztec on the other far side of the world (I am playing as Sweden) or I am going to lose everything when my king dies. Not enough time to secure my kingdom when succession occurs.

Recently finished Gravity Rush and my first playthrough of Akiba's Trip and now I'm addicted to God Eater Burst.

I've been trying not to hype myself up in case God Eater 2: Rage Burst doesn't get localized, but I ended up watching the OP a couple of days ago... then I watched it ten more times.

So the Humble Might and Magic Bundle is out...

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I actually have almost never played Heroes, so I'm wondering if the $15 tier is worth it for Heroes 3 HD and Heroes 6 Shades of Darkness? (I already have M&M X, and I haven't beaten it so the DLC doesn't really matter to me, and I'm probably not going to play a CCG, although who knows?)

I'm going to get the above-average tier for 10.75 anyway, so it's really only a question of are those 2 games worth $4.25 if I'm already getting Heroes 2, 4, 5 and 6?

Dark Messiah of Might and magic was made by Arkane Studios, the makers of DIshonored, and it's a solid FP swordman with shit and all. 

I know about Dark Messiah, I'm not really the biggest fan of those kinds of games, but I'll definitely play it at least a bit. I'm mostly curious about the Heroes series.

Alisa best. You can't convince me otherwise.

Because if Alisa isn't, then I'm going for pink haired girl with a green dress that I obviously forgot the name of.

No need to convince you otherwise because I completely agree, Alisa is best. There hasn't been a mission I haven't taken her on when I'm able to choose who I want to take.

You must be referring to Kanon. I would like her better if she didn't constantly hit me and everybody else with friendly fire.