What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

It's going to be very hard to disappoint me since i've already seen everything i want in it through the gameplay trailers.  And graphics are the least important part to me compared the absolutely brilliant storyline that is cd projekt red's Witcher off-shoot.  Hell, the game could be 8-bit as long as it has the english VA of Geralt and Dandelion and Zoltan.  And if you think this game isn't going to have any overhaul mods on pc(graphics, enb settings, texture mods, combat re-balance mods,Face replacers) you need to check your privelege.  CD Projekt has been working hard as hell on their newest modding system to make it easier to use, specifically for this game.

Meanwhile, on the other end of gaming seriousness, I finally moved on to the next game in my portable backlog: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

Playing this game feels a little bit like they talked to me, personally, at great length, and said "Ok, we're going to make a game for Fred the Barber. Specifically. Probably everybody else would hate it, and almost nobody will buy it, but this is for Fred."

Anyway, it's not the best-made game of all time, and certainly not the prettiest, but all the gameplay elements are right up my alley, so I'm having a blast. I moved up from the first difficulty level to the second after the intro songs, but it seems I still need a bit more practice (getting my brain used to the UI) before I can move up to the top difficulty level. It's extremely gratifying to be playing a game that rewards me for intimate familiarity with Final Fantasy music.

I... got... Neptunia Rebirth for PC (it's unavailable on PC in my region, Steam won't sell it to people located in Japan) and I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. I hated the first version of the first game for PS3, it was long, obtuse, grindy, unfunny, confusing and had just about the boringest battles I'd ever seen. Rebirth fixes pretty much everything from the ground up to the point where I don't mind sinking lots of free time into it. I actually can't wait until Rebirth 2 comes out on Steam, especially if it has further improvements.

Does anyone know if the gameplay changes much between Rebirth 1 and Rebirth 2?

Edit: Ah my only complaint is that Gust is gone, and I really liked her in the original game. I really don't see why they took her out and put in a bunch of random characters from the later games, since they don't even seem to fit into the plot very well. Oh well. Falcom and Broccoli are awesome new additions. Especially Falcom. Adol+Estelle=greatest character ever conceived.

I just finished the first area in Witcher 3. I thought it was kind of small and so I was slightly worried about what is going to come, but all my worries were blown away when I saw the size of the second map.

It's ridiculously huge!

I needed some time to get used to new combat, I died three times to the first encounter. :P  (I'm playing on the second highest difficulty)

I really like the new dodge move in top of the usual rolling, it makes combat much more fluid.

But man, it's so awesome to play Witcher game again.

I really like Super Metroid, I wonder if it is possible to port this to the GBA? (Map diagonal shooting to R+Up and R+Down, map running to L, B is jumping, A is shooting, weapon select is SELECT again and item cancel is either omitted or for holding SELECT for 1-2 seconds)

ALttP and SMW were done...

Combat feels so incredibly tough (in a good way) - it's like an easier version of Dark Souls, in that there's a ton of leeway when dodging/parrying, the game allows *super* late registering of those actions, even when a weapon/claw attack animation has already struck you you're still able to dodge, most of the time. But with fucking HORDES of monsters.

Playing on what used to be "Dark" difficulty in The Witcher 2 (the hardest without perma-death) as well, imo that's the way it's meant to be played, everything else would be a walk in the park.

And my hatred for Drowners has resurfaced (pun not intended).

And my hatred for Drowners has resurfaced (pun not intended).

Would those happen to be inspired by kappas?  I like my monster mythology ^_^

I really wanna get The Witcher 3, but I dun wanna pay $60, and I have the first two Witcher games to beat.  Would you guys recommend just giving in and buying it, or waiting?  I have some birthday money, so I can buy it full price.

Free DLC  <3  I love that they're making fun of horse armor.  That's a classic gaming joke that I hope never goes away.

Would those happen to be inspired by kappas?  I like my monster mythology ^_^

I really wanna get The Witcher 3, but I dun wanna pay $60, and I have the first two Witcher games to beat.  Would you guys recommend just giving in and buying it, or waiting?  I have some birthday money, so I can buy it full price.

Free DLC  <3  I love that they're making fun of horse armor.  That's a classic gaming joke that I hope never goes away.

I would say play Witcher 1&2 first and see if you can get Witcher 3 slightly cheaper later. It's really hard to go back to play the older ones after 3. 

Drowners are probably not inspired by kappas as Witcher monster are mostly throwbacks to old European folklore and tales. Even some of the story lines or side quest are twisted versions of old fairy tales.

I'm super addicted to this game. I had nothing I needed to do today, so I played Witcher 3 for 15 hours. No regrets.  :P

Witcher 3 is fucking dope. It does so many things right. I like me a good story-driven RPG with a preset main character, western RPGs need more of that, less generic, voiceless player characters. 

That's the power of eastern europe games, amazing tales and protags. 

Played some Smash Bros. Wii U with some friends today.  Having played a lot of Brawl, I can definitely say that it's superior, but I have a few issues with the character modification system.  One of my friends was practically untouchable in an 8-man brawl thanks to a couple really stupidly powerful character mods  >.>  Also discovered the glory that is Dark Pit and his side B spamming.  Electroshock Arm is love, Electroshock Arm is life.

got pretty far in witcher 3, but decided to scrap this playthrough.  I'm really indecisive when it comes to these things, especially choosing a route in visual novels as well.  I want to see if the girl can keep temaria temaria, instead of trying to get some bomb-ass dragon pussy. 

Still chugging along with the Witcher 3. As people have already said, the game is incredible. From the mechanics all the way to the atmosphere and world. Every side quest has been interesting so far, with some even being way more emotional and thrilling than some of the larger questlines in a game like Skyrim or Fallout.

This is the tops as far as I'm concerned for an open-world RPG.