What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Anyone got any good GBA, GBC, or GB ROM recommendations?  I'm currently addicted to Aria of Sorrow right now, but I'm interested in ROMs once again.

The ROMs I currently have: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and The Minish Cap, Metroid Zero Mission, Pokemon Crystal, Red and Yellow, and Sonic Advance 2.

I'm considering getting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as a ROM, simply because I've never been able to beat it on the cart because I always miss one vital mission item that I can't get again, and cheats to get them are rather appealing.

Started over in Pillars of Eternity, this time as a fighter, and now the game is much more playable because I actually have a freaking tank. And yes, I know I can make a custom adventurer, but more adventurers = less exp and if I'm going to be sharing my exp I want my companions to have stories/quests, which I'm guessing custom companions don't.

Just bought GTA V on Steam after watching several videos of people showing off how well it runs on various settings and describing the default controls.  I'm satisfied that it's not a shitty port.  The current download time is ~3 days, 8 hours :vinty:

Time to download lots of ROMs and content myself with singleplayer-only games, since I won't be playing multiplayer games anytime soon.

Just bought GTA V on Steam after watching several videos of people showing off how well it runs on various settings and describing the default controls.  I'm satisfied that it's not a shitty port.  The current download time is ~3 days, 8 hours :vinty:

Time to download lots of ROMs and content myself with singleplayer-only games, since I won't be playing multiplayer games anytime soon.

So, you'll be trying out the games I suggested? Thanks for that, if it is the case.

So, I've started getting a bit interested in the Yandere Sim. Hmmmm. What the hell, couldn't be too bad.

That it does.

Pretty sure it's just a test build right now.  All you can do is murder people and mess around with some of the features that are programmed.  The majority of the game features aren't available right now, at least the last time I checked, anyway.

Anyone played SAO Waifu Simulator? Any reason I should actually try it?

Only worth for the fanservice scenes.

Gameplay is horrible. Combat consists of smashing your burst button, using Sword skills until SP depleted, using skills to regain SP, repeat. Areas are empty, lifeless, dull, Quest are hollow (lol). Story is.. what story?

I like SAO, but I can´t gather the endurance to finish that game.

Just beat Risk of Rain for the first time, after dying on the second or third level (context: there's 6 levels + a boss fight) every time I tried to play the game.  I was pretty much invincible at the boss fight, since I could heal using my damage output, and my damage output was absolutely stupid because I was playing as Acrid, a character that poisons people, and had multiple attack speed increases.  That was just hilarious.

I've been trying to find Hotline Miami, but most of the links I find are either scams or don't work. Does anyone have a working DL link?

It's $10 full price on Steam...I got it for $1.50 during a sale.  You really should just buy it, it's worth every penny.

EDIT: Speaking of Hotline Miami, some people made a comic (NSFW, really violent) about Carl, the guy you find dead in the dance club level with the locust mask, and the guys at Dennaton liked it so much that apparently it's now canon.

Will be playing Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance next.

Thanks to the Video Game Club, my love for Castlevania has been rekindled.

Ugh. Time to find Death and kill him again.

Since you say 'rekindled', do you mean you played Castlevania before but quit it and picked it up again recently?

It's $10 full price on Steam...I got it for $1.50 during a sale.  You really should just buy it, it's worth every penny.

EDIT: Speaking of Hotline Miami, some people made a comic (NSFW, really violent) about Carl, the guy you find dead in the dance club level with the locust mask, and the guys at Dennaton liked it so much that apparently it's now canon.

Oh, it's a paid game? Lol, I assumed it was an indie game or something. Should've read the wiki page more carefully =_=.

So, is it okay to read the comic before playing, or is it better to read it after playing?

Oh, it's a paid game? Lol, I assumed it was an indie game or something. Should've read the wiki page more carefully =_=.

So, is it okay to read the comic before playing, or is it better to read it after playing?

Yeah, it's a paid game.  It is an indie game, though.  The devs originally released everything they made for free, but they were taking so much time to create the stuff that they kinda needed to charge for it.  The sequel is a paid game, too, unless you're in Australia, in which case the devs told people just to pirate it since it's banned.

Sure, feel free.  The character is extremely minor, and you never actually even see them, really, you just take the mask from them.  You usually take the masks from dead people that failed their missions given to them from the organization that gives the main character, Jacket, hit contracts.  You get others through clearing certain levels in a post-level screen, but a decent number are taken from failed operatives.

Just a smidge away from top 10% in Colosseum. Even when they're not maxed, my team is still damn near unbeatable (there's only a few team comps that give me a hard time).

The top 2 must really be duking it out for 1st place. :o I would probably not sleep for a few days if I was going neck-and-neck for the gold, lol.

65416516063520163.png

Just started playing Dragonball Xenoverse, playing as one of Freeza's race mainly because that's the only race that hasn't had a good guy in the series. I've only gotten up to where I meet the Supreme Kai of Time so I can't really comment much on the story but I can say it's been fun to play, but there are some issues. First it can get annoying when you're fighting a large group of enemies and while you're fighting one the rest attack from your blind spot, timed missions get annoying when you have to go from one portal to another to find enemies and sometimes locking onto enemies can get bothersome when they're flying too fast for the camera to keep up with.