MoeNovel's next title - Cross Channel

Satsuki

7 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Wait a minute, in this game's first half the MC flips skirts and think about breasts every 2 seconds. I know this is super tame, but this type of thing even gonna fly with Moenovel, knowing them???

Oh, moenovel is fine with the lewd now, just look at lovekami spinoffs. Just no sex.

In either case moenovel doesn't even translate things, they outsource the work to a translation agency. So it'll probably be bad and uneven. Exactly what you want when translating something known for its prose!

While it's true that CC has two translations already, there's a lot of people who don't really keep track of things and who might never stumble upon the (bad) fan patches. Some people even care about things being official smh. I expect this new translation to significantly increase the amount of people that read a bad translation of CC if they go through with it.

21 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Wait a minute, in this game's first half the MC flips skirts and think about breasts every 2 seconds. I know this is super tame, but this type of thing even gonna fly with Moenovel, knowing them???

They're gonna censor 90% of the VN due to inappropriate content and dialogue. :makina:

This Moenovel version of CC has 4 translators on it. While the translators themselves all don't seem to be bad they were still gives random parts of the scripts with no context and none of them have actually played the game so don't except GOD quality but it can still be okay www

Oh yeah except that there is zero communication between the translators and they couldn't seem to decide if they will keep or remove honorifics until recently so there might be both now xD

Source

12 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

Oh, moenovel is fine with the lewd now, just look at lovekami spinoffs. Just no sex.

They still make subtle edits to dialogue directly related to sex, and even if they didn't, that doesn't change the fact that censorship is censorship. 

They cut out 7.5k lines of Miagete Goran. That's longer than certain VNs just in cut content. 

So, they still suck, sadly. They just learned a way to cover their ass somewhat by releasing kinda lewd instead of no lewd. 

2 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

This Moenovel version of CC has 4 translators on it. While the translators themselves all don't seem to be bad they were still gives random parts of the scripts with no context and none of them have actually played the game so don't except GOD quality but it can still be okay www

Oh yeah except that there is zero communication between the translators and they couldn't seem to decide if they will keep or remove honorifics until recently so there might be both now xD

Source

Holy fuck. This is gonna end so poorly. This VN really is cursed to never be truly enjoyed by EOP scum like me. :badnicoman:

4 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Source

baby what in the utter fuck

4 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Source

The source just links me to a pic of a girl saying she didn't fap. Did you link the wrong thing, or is this whole post a meme? 

25 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The source just links me to a pic of a girl saying she didn't fap. Did you link the wrong thing, or is this whole post a meme? 

I'll leave that to your imagination

18 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I bet 20 Zimbabwean Dollars on it being a meme/troll comment to further fuel the mass freak-out.

Oh yeah you lost your bet btw www

Spoiler

lneaVmO.png

26 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

But honestly, where do you get this kind of info?

I think he was just joking, seeing as his sources are anime tiddies, and that the teaser for the TL was only released earlier today, (and that didn't even officially announce the title.) 

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Moenovel at it again. Well, this at least doesn't require a decensoring patch (for anybody wanting that, they could just read Ixrec's TL, which I believe no matter how bad it was will still be better than whatever Moenovel makes of it).

Haha sad thing is that Moenovel's will 99% surely be the best one out of the translations xD
If you have read any of Ixrec old comments you can see he didn't actually understand a shit about Japanese back then. (Not that he knows it now either prolly www)

14 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Haha sad thing is that Moenovel's will 99% surely be the best one out of the translations xD
If you have read any of Ixrec old comments you can see he didn't actually understand a shit about Japanese back then. (Not that he knows it now either prolly www)

None of the translations will be good. I'd be surprised if MoeNovel's was even rated a 2/5 on @Zakamutt's scale. w

42 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

This is also a thing btw

Great, so it supposedly had 3 or 4 translators, one of which is a silly Reddit boy who somehow thinks he's better than the other two (three) bit is likely the worst of the bunch. This proves every word kiri is saying!

7 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

None of the translations will be good. I'd be surprised if MoeNovel's was even rated a 2/5 on @Zakamutt's scale. w

I tried to use a 5-point scale for translations, but ultimately it just fails to account for all the levels of bad out there. So maybe it'll be a 2 to 2.5/6 w

I actually agree with kiri that it's somewhat likely to be the least bad translation it's going to get this decade or two. But well, least bad, not good.

5 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

I tried to use a 5-point scale for translations, but ultimately it just fails to account for all the levels of bad out there. So maybe it'll be a 2 to 2.5/6 w

I actually agree with kiri that it's somewhat likely to be the least bad translation it's going to get this decade or two. But well, least bad, not good.

Exactly. We can never actually hope for a good translation from MoeNovel.

13 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Exactly. We can never actually hope for a good translation from MoeNovel.

In the case of Miagete translation, apart from h-content shitstorm, I mostly saw people bitching about removed honorifics - which is more about subjective preference than an objective flaw. I would really wait for any kind of verified information before we start cutting ourselves over the upcoming tragedy.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Just now, Plk_Lesiak said:

In the case of Miagete translation, apart from h-content shitstorm, I mostly saw people bitching about removed honorifics - which is more of a subjective thing than an obvious flaw. I would really wait for any kind of verified information before we start cutting ourselves over the upcoming tragedy.

Isn't the information that they got 4 different translators to translate different areas of the script without having read the VN itself and then not having the translators communicate at all throughout the process a sign that this probably won't turn out well already.

I get an optimistic outlook for companies like NekoNyan and Sol Press, but not for MoeNovel, especially with the current information we have available. I'm predicting an upcoming disaster and if it all goes well, then that's great, but I can't be optimistic about this.

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

And here we are again, third attempt at a good translation for this VN and probably a third failure, because it's fucking Moenovel. Why couldn't you guys just stick to licensing mediocre Pulltop VNs? Your reputation was bad enough already, but it is going to get even worse if they butcher this title. 

Well, I don't know how good it's going to be (probably horrible, considering previous post) but now the chances that another retranslation is going to happen are even slimmer. :yumiko:

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, I don't know how good it's going to be (probably horrible, considering previous post) but now the chances that another retranslation is going to happen are even slimmer. :yumiko:

Well, it seems like Cross Channel is cursed like Mahoyo, but all the translations get finished and they're all bad.

32 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

In the case of Miagete translation, apart from h-content shitstorm, I mostly saw people bitching about removed honorifics - which is more about subjective preference than an objective flaw. I would really wait for any kind of verified information before we start cutting ourselves over the upcoming tragedy.

I am one of those people who don't care about honorifics and I can already tell you that the translation of Miazora is poor, but not for the reason that the honorifics were cut out. The writing in it ranges from digestible to awfully bad. On top of it, the script feels like it has never seen an editor or a QC for that matter. I know all of this because I have been rereading it for month or two now (the common route) and the more I read it, the more I see issues with it.

Edited by Infernoplex