Anime Weekend Atlanta - Feel Free to Speculate (Visual Novel only)

littleshogun

5 hours ago, Hiaran said:

My biggest hope for this is that we finally get the +18 releases of Sekai Project announced and translated games from Denpasoft (Give me my +18 Tenshin Ranman! I want my Sana!)

I think they're translating the all ages version lol.

4 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

Horrible stream, can't hear + see anything...

Turn up your volume? It's very quiet but with the volume cranked I can hear it clear. They're talking about maitetsu now.

"We believe we have a solution that will make everyone happy" but they can't announce it yet.

18+ version of baldr sky is still in negotiation.

45 minutes ago, Decay said:

"We believe we have a solution that will make everyone happy" but they can't announce it yet.

what could that possibly be? like having the sprites redrawn to make them chicks appear older, so they could put it on nutaku? everyone wins. no public outcry, everyone gets his 5min of fucks, yeii - except for lolicons, but those arent considered humans anyway, at least not in the eyes of most
*sarcasm off

27 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

"Freeware Yuri doujin eroge".

if you happen to speak/understand jp, that is. cant see them bringing it over in english for naught. not something of said length, regardless of quality/efforts put into making it happen. dunno if it´s still free, or started to cost meanwhile, but to go for licensing free-doujinshi is pretty much destined to end up stiring up hate towards oneselfe, like there will always be some to complain about the work wasn´t originally intended being made commercial & blah.

btw. am i the only one who starts getting annoyed by the recent flood of yuri-based works (no specific publishers)? almost as if the genre is (forcibly)being made into the new moe, and it´s giving me the creeps.

I like yuri, so no. I guess it just randomly turned out that yuri sells since it has a fairly dedicated fanbase? There doe seem to be a milk train going, but it's not like that's anything new.

Interesting to see denpa taking a "more active role" or w/e, wonder what that means organizationally. I came into the panel partway and the audio was bad enough that even with full volume I couldn't make out a lot of stuff, especially with how tired I am atm... still no answers to some 18+ stuff is frustrating but nothing new I guess, the maitetsu stuff might provide some pretty delicious drama given how it's sounding. your time to shine sanah w

1 hour ago, yorikbad said:

So, empty promices about Maitetsu +18 and Baldr Sky 18+. As usual. Different platform, same Sekai policy. And apparently Wagamama is getting kickstater?

What do you mean?  They talked about Maitetsu at a Denpasoft panel, which basically confirms an adult release.  They said they have been working hard to make it happen.  They said they think they have a solution that will make "everybody happy", with emphasis on "everybody".  They didn't announce that they were going to talk about it, then just not do it, and not publically comment.  They said it wasn't ready to announce yet, and they wanted to finalize it.  They even said they hoped to have something to announce by the end of the year.

That doesn't sound like an empty promise or their previous terrible communication.  It's not as definitive as I would like, but it's a lot better than not even knowing if they're going to bother to try.

39 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

What do you mean?  They talked about Maitetsu at a Denpasoft panel, which basically confirms an adult release.  They said they have been working hard to make it happen.  They said they think they have a solution that will make "everybody happy", with emphasis on "everybody".  They didn't announce that they were going to talk about it, then just not do it, and not publically comment.  They said it wasn't ready to announce yet, and they wanted to finalize it.  They even said they hoped to have something to announce by the end of the year.

That doesn't sound like an empty promise or their previous terrible communication.  It's not as definitive as I would like, but it's a lot better than not even knowing if they're going to bother to try.

I envy your optimism.

But the thing is, they have been saying this things from the moment they anounsed the game. They just delaying answers to future date. First, it was Anime Expo, then Otacon, now it's the mysterious "the end of the year". The stream wasn't good, so did they specify the year?

I was hoping too much that Denpasoft will have anything significant to say about, other than the vague "we have news that will make everybody HAPPY".

People will be happy if you guys simply announced it. If not during the panel then when is the good time to announce it(other than next year cons or do they have any other cons to visit?). Otherwise, it seems that Denpasoft panel is not worth the stay for hearing that.

yorikbad is right, it's the same thing as Otakon.

33 minutes ago, Decay said:

I don't think there's any "solution" that will make everybody happy, unless that "solution" is to just release the 18+ version unmodified like a normal 18+ release.

No non-mosaic option?:michiru:

Now to wait for MG to see what are the other two.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

I would not be surprised if they ended up not announcing anything by the end of the year, but I WOULD be surprised if they never released any form of 18+ version at all at this point. 

I think people are still waiting for Grisaia Hentai series.

My comment, well nothing special from the announcement. Granted it was only smaller announcement compared to AX and Otakon to me ie less known, but still.

Anyway, as for the announcement Project Lux quite remind me of Ace Attorney for the term, and looks like they'll had to dig the truth from the defendant memory. Other than the the creator was same group as WEE (Also Spicy and Wolf) and this will be another first release for both of Japanese and English version (Probably), no much info here.

For Denpasoft announcement, interesting that we'll had yuri with ghost heroine there I guess. Although the premise was telling us that's something more there (I don't count on it though for now). Apparently this game were release as freeware, so maybe the reaction from Japanese fans wouldn't be too pleasant there. I'll keep my eyes on this seeing that for supposed freeware game the graphic was quite good. Oh, and apparently this game had same origin as Katawa Shoujo.

For now, I'll also waiting for Mangagamer announcement here too.

PS - And I didn't need to waiting here. One sentence for Mangagamer anmouncement here would be 'Anybody looking forward to more Go Go Nippon (GGN) and Umineko should be exicted because they just announced GGN 2016 and Ogon Musokyoku there'. GGN were quite low budget there if you ask me, but Ogon there were had some high production value, so maybe Ogon will be expensive there (I said this in regard of famous seiyuu).

ougon musou kyoku. hell fucking yes. now the world can wither away and die, as for i dont care anymore

edit: bit surprised that stargazers gets published under mg, instead of sekai. sure they did already release menagerie under the former, but i honestly believed stargazers would be sekais turn again, like toko was. if that means less dharker crapshit, than i´ve nothing against such thing...

1 hour ago, yorikbad said:

I envy your optimism.

But the thing is, they have been saying this things from the moment they anounsed the game. They just delaying answers to future date. First, it was Anime Expo, then Otacon, now it's the mysterious "the end of the year". The stream wasn't good, so did they specify the year?

Uh, no they haven't? There's a big difference between "saying nothing" and saying they have a solution which they think will satisfy everyone. The fact that they say this pretty much means all of the games h-scenes will be available through some manner to people that want them.