Anyone Really Religious here?

Are You Religious?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Religious

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

i was just wondering about this recently. just curios what percentage of the community is religious. now i dont mean that you just believe in a god but that you follow that gods way to the letter. you visit their church/temple to pray and worship them, your entire life revolves pleasing that god, etc etc. now remember, this can be a sensitive subject. no judging other peoples way of life, no condemning them for their beliefs, lets keep this as civil as possible.

feel free to talk about your beliefs but be respectful of others, please.

Mmm... for better or worse, most people who become 'deep' otakus aren't really religious.  For one thing, people who are seriously religious tend to have tunnel vision, which makes it hard to enjoy otaku media.  Of course,  there are exceptions, but the majority is always going to be that way.  Of course, if you mean religion in broader terms such as worshipping an ideal, almost everyone who plays eroge is religious, lol.

Just now, Barktooth said:

I didn't think of those puns, they are actually legit used by the followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster :miyako:

http://flyingspaghettimonster.wikia.com/wiki/Pastafarianism

:jinpou:

you made me lose faith in humanity. IM TAKING MY LIKE BACK!

...................nah, you can keep it.  :miyako:

7 minutes ago, Aizen-Sama said:

Welp, my family has always been pretty religious (We've never went to the church, though. So that's that). I'm an atheist now and I don't really care that much about religion to be honest, but if the greek mythology gods were revived as a religion again I would gladly follow that. 

right? that would be so cool since, those gods were dicks. i mean, when you offended them they curse or smite your ass. it was awesome.

no sarcasm btw.

5 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

right? that would be so cool since, those gods were dicks. i mean, when you offended them they curse or smite your ass. it was awesome.

no sarcasm btw.

Yeah, the fact that they don't give a shit about anything is one of their strongest points and what makes them real gods. I could ramble for hours about it, but I would derail from the topic, so I'll just leave it at that.

I am indeed. Well, I believe in God, I don't follow any actual existing religion specifically. I'm one of those people who thinks all religion is the same one originally, just with culture differences and such making them a bit different over time, and that God is God, no matter which "version" you pray to.
So yes, I am religious in a way.

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I am indeed. Well, I believe in God, I don't follow any actual existing religion specifically. I'm one of those people who thinks all religion is the same one originally, just with culture differences and such making them a bit different over time, and that God is God, no matter which "version" you pray to.
So yes, I am religious in a way.

Glances at profile pic...............O_O

5 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Glances at profile pic...............O_O

Who said we can't have nice things? :makina: 

Guess the way I see it is: as long as it's fictional, it's fine. I don't walk around robbing old ladies or anything. I'm a law abiding citizen, I just have a few ... dark hobbies.