Anyone Really Religious here?

Are You Religious?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Religious

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

very nice okarin. im a non-believer really. i dont follow anything. i just live my life the best i can and hope its good enough for any higher power. the concept of dying into nothingness is just... idk. its a weird thing to wrap my head around after living a life of awareness and to have it be gone forever is just hard to grasp.

well anyways, i see benefits from believing in a higher power. like i was watching a documentary that had nothing to do with religion, it was about two people going on a journey to find someone and when they do, its really sort of inspiring the way this man lives his life. im sure he would still be a kind man even without religion but he believes what he does can reach people on a cosmic level and he gives everything he has into what he does so the customer feels as if theyre on a different plane, if that makes any sense. and its not like he shoves it down peoples throats or talked about his religion, its just something he believed. while i wouldnt follow his ways but it must be great to live a life for a higher purpose.

My family has catholic roots dating back hundreds of years, and for a long time, going to the church to pray for god was the standard. This trend ended with my mom's generation when she felt that it was becoming too tiring, and so she decided not to burden her children with it. I've only been to a church twice during a baby Christianizing and a funeral, but never to pray to god weekly so I don't know that experience. While my family is still pretty much catholic to the core, they toned down their practices with each passing generation. I'm not really considered religious myself but I still hold on to a bit of my catholic heritage just for respect for my family. Too bad there's no middle answer in the poll.

I had a pretty christian upbringing, went to Sunday school, hated it, learned about Jesus and all that and was pretty firmly believing until I was around 16 when I started questioning everything about anything. I would consider myself atheist now, I don't believe in almost anything, not even the things I want to believe in. 

I do think religion is unnecessary but the day religion is gone something will replace it, people are lazy and don't want to research other viewpoints and opinions.

No, not really.  A decent portion of my family is Christian, specifically Catholic, but nobody in my immediate family is.  We all went to a nondenominational church when I was younger, which was killed off through hilariously pathetic mismanagement (literally "God will help us repay this loan that we took out with no real way to repay it", I kid you not) in a few years.  That soured young me on going to church, and as I grew up I became an atheist, partially due to the cynicism losing my church caused me to develop.

Now I'm an atheist-leaning agnostic.  I doubt that there really is a "creator" out there, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea if I was confronted with irrefutable evidence (no, I don't count the Bible/the Torah/the Quran/any other sacred text as irrefutable evidence  : P).  I do think modern religion, as a whole, is a positive force in the world when it's practiced as it was intended.

I've had a Christian education since I was at kindergarden to my graduation in highschool, and also my mother is very catholic and because of that I can say I have a pretty decent knowledge of Catholicism. Yet, I've found many things which I desagree with (the holy origins of the bible, historical references that are taken for a fact though there's no proof at all of their existence, and how lots people take advantaje of the suffering of people to get rich). 

I'm even against parents forcing their children to beleive things that maybe, at an older age and with a better judment they wouldn't. With no offense to people who does it.

I'm an apathetic agnostic but at the very core I am.............. a troll if that counts for anything :wafuu:

I'm with benji in this, forcing children to believe in something is a bit cruel, you can teach them and let them chose at certain age for themselves, forcing your believes into another person is never the solution for anything.

• 2 weeks later...