• Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Idk 'bout chu, but I love self inserting myself as an SSS ranked powerlevel person who can't actually use his superpowers and is thus ridiculed by the student body minus my squad of grills who will praise me for playing the reckless white knight nice guy in the name of high school justice

ditto. Although I'd be more of a prankster than a white knight.

5 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I value your opinion, so please elaborate. What's wrong with this title?

The pacing is very sloppy. For the first two hours, every scene was basically "Smalltalk -> Exposition Dump -> Next scene". The shift feels very unnatural and hasty, when for example every main character starts being best friends right after meeting each other for the first time. It's like someone wants to read a series of books to you, but only uses the summary on the back before jumping to the next one.  

20 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

The pacing is very sloppy. For the first two hours, every scene was basically "Smalltalk -> Exposition Dump -> Next scene". 

Gz brah, you just described Slice of Life,

Though, the cast do become best friends out of nowhere extremely fast indeed. Touko's intro scene has her giving Akane the cold shoulder, a very cold one at that, so you wouldn't expect her to be chillin' with Akane next scene when they run into Ooba 'bullying' Yuzu and then they all have lunch together like the merry band of jolly friends that they are.

14 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

question: does the main character has face?

if he doesnt, does he has void skills?

He does have a face, yes.

"void skills", if you mean the powers that the other characters have, well, you will have to play the game to find out :P

Just now, Funnerific said:

How is the translation quality in this one?

Seems pretty good to me.

It is quite literal though, which might be a bit annoying to some people. (Like leaving in third person speech patterns in the English translation, leaving in some things like "If it's Yuzu then..." and "even if you tell me that", that feel a bit unatural in English.)

But yeah, not bad at all, you can see the effort they put into it. It's very comfortable reading it, (if you are able to overlook some of those literal translations.)

Just now, Decay said:

What did they do to Yuzu's dialogue and why? It is so incredibly annoying to read, it's actually painful.

She speaks about herself in the third person, like some Japanese characters do. They left it in completely unchanged, (in fact, they even sometimes put in her name in the third person when she doesn't mention her own name in the original line.)

Just now, Dergonu said:

She speaks about herself in the third person, like some Japanese characters do. They left it in completely unchanged, (in fact, they even sometimes put in her name in the third person when she doesn't mention her own name in the original line.)

She refuses to use any pronouns whatsoever, actually, which makes it way worse. And the first-person talking style is way more egregious in the english script than it is in the original, where it's actually fairly tempered from what I can tell.

Just now, Chuee said:

Which is something you should never, ever do, unless you absolutely have to. 

From the looks of things, they were very focused on not changing much. It seems like they really wanted to leave in as much of the original line as possible.

I personally agree that it's a bit of a strange choice, but you see this a lot in fan translations. Considering their attitude towards localization companies, (who usually always change it so that it reads well in English,) it's not that surprising.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

Well, the thing is, they didn't leave it unchanged, they exaggerated it even further.

Yeah, that is what I meant my first post, but it came out a bit awkward. Just like you said, even when she doesn't even use a pronoun in the original line, they still put "Yuzu" in the third person there.

My guess would be that they were thinking something along the lines of, "since she ususally does talk about herself in the third person, that is her personality, so we can't use anything else for her lines!"

Has anyone tried out the Kaoru route yet?

Is that a legit route, or is it just a silly bonus thing like the Majikoi side routes?

EDIT: Unrelated, but I just came across this star wars refrence in the translation... lol

(Heads up: contains a CG from the Akane route.)

Spoiler

6mEGGwk.png

1 hour ago, TexasDice said:

Wow, I'm really conflicted about Austin now. At first, I marked her off completely as a dumb bitch, but that cafe scene... I'm seriously considering it... 

I feel awful for being influenced so easily. Curse you, cockemotapsob.png!

EDIT: Literally unplayable

Reveal hidden contents

ovEayo0.jpg

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. :wahaha:

Just started the game and just had to put this comment somewhere.

They really have to make leave out Mari and Shiho route just to make a fan disc for these 'sub'-heroines'?

(Ok...earns more that way. But still, hope their routes isn't terrible.)

Just started playing it and i have a question, is it possible to have the sound stop when i look at another window?
I know there is a configuration tool with lots of option, unfortunately it is in Japanese and i don't speak moonspeak.

Kind of like maijkoi when i open a browser.