• Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, MFrost said:

Wait a minute! Is she serious about playing the part of a dog??!?!
Dammit Seiichi, stop being a wuss and get to the underlying issue. (cosplay is nice though)

it is okay to play the part of a dog, but to become a pervert after that, HELL NO!!! (its hard to control that though)

also kohane last h-scene from period is much better than akane last h-scene IMHO

my verdict:

Koiken Otome is a 7.40/10 game according to vndb.org @ 299 votes . It has great h-scenes moments, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO only the common route and maybe touko route deserve very high a place in the hallmark of VN's.

7 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

it is okay to play the part of a dog, but to become a pervert after that, HELL NO!!! (its hard to control that though)

also kohane last h-scene from period is much better than akane last h-scene IMHO

my verdict:

Koiken Otome is a 7.40/10 game according to vndb.org @ 299 votes . It has great h-scenes moments, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO only the common route and maybe touko route deserve very high a place in the hallmark of VN's.

why not 7.5/10 it'd be a perfect IGN score

btw i'm nearing the end of Touko's route (prolly) Will try Akane next but the other 2 seems rly boring lol

One is just a generic childhood friend, guessing it'll be just generic shit and I dont really like Yves(pops out of nowhere all the time and that ojou-sama voice ugggghhh), hows her route, any good?

3 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

btw i'm nearing the end of Touko's route (prolly) Will try Akane next but the other 2 seems rly boring lol

One is just a generic childhood friend, guessing it'll be just generic shit and I dont really like Yves(pops out of nowhere all the time and that ojou-sama voice ugggghhh), hows her route, any good?

The childhood friend route is actually very good. Took me by surprise. 

Yves' is also very good, (in fact it was my favorite. Her personality is not what it looks at first glance.) 

While harsh, I consider calling Austin, Minato and all the spriteless background girls out for being fake ass hoes as fair. :makina:

I mean, before the thing happens, neither of them cared about the protagonist at all, because he was just a loser. But afterwards, they're swarming him like flies, using their moe-tactics to try and make me forget about what kind of people they really are. :conspiracy:

Akane and Yuzu both have the #1 claim on the protagonist's soul, followed by Touko, since she still got around before the thing happens. Everyone else is a horribly superficial person and deserves to live alone with hundreds of cats.

CeeLo Green's "fuck you" was playing in my head while thinking about this post.

Surprisingly, I'm getting to this already. Thought it'd take another three months before I got to this one, as I tend to miss all the hype in new games as I'm busy with other, older ones.

Regardless, I've got a good feeling about this one. After preliminary research, the characters look great, aside from the protagonist, but I'm used to that. It also seems like there's some sort of main plot for the common route, so looking forward to that.

59 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Surprisingly, I'm getting to this already. Thought it'd take another three months before I got to this one, as I tend to miss all the hype in new games as I'm busy with other, older ones.

Regardless, I've got a good feeling about this one. After preliminary research, the characters look great, aside from the protagonist, but I'm used to that. It also seems like there's some sort of main plot for the common route, so looking forward to that. Finally, the tsundere in this one seems tsunderrific, from what I hear, which is fantastic. I can't wait to be completely ignored by her for the majority of the game.

Uhh there was a tsundere?

6 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

That is probably one of the translators' fun jokes. They put a few in there. 

14 minutes ago, Rooke said:

So the translation is literal, yet at the same time it takes quite a few liberties?

Hmmm ... 

Yes, they have a few small jokes outside of the serious plot situations, like movie refrences and such. 

I don't know for sure whether that is the case for the 4th wall break since it's not voiced, so I can't compare them without uninstalling the patch, but my guess would be yes, considering the mood was actually quite cute and romantic at that point. 

The silly jokes/ changes are rare, though noticable. Idk how I feel about them tbh. 

Aww Wow, Akane is too pure and innocent for an eroge.

So the memento she wanted as a commemoration of the 1st date was to go to a park and find 4-leaf clovers.

oKYqS1z.png

When she smiles with her ribbon, it just makes me see a fox girl even though she isn't.

45 minutes ago, MFrost said:

Aww Wow, Akane is too pure and innocent for an eroge.

Hide contents

So the memento she wanted as a commemoration of the 1st date was to go to a park and find 4-leaf clovers.

oKYqS1z.png

When she smiles with her ribbon, it just makes me see a fox girl even though she isn't.

The kitsune vibe is pretty strong there. Probably intentional.

18 hours ago, TexasDice said:

While harsh, I consider calling Austin, Minato and all the spriteless background girls out for being fake ass hoes as fair. :makina:

I mean, before the thing happens, neither of them cared about the protagonist at all, because he was just a loser. But afterwards, they're swarming him like flies, using their moe-tactics to try and make me forget about what kind of people they really are. :conspiracy:

Akane and Yuzu both have the #1 claim on the protagonist's soul, followed by Touko, since she still got around before the thing happens. Everyone else is a horribly superficial person and deserves to live alone with hundreds of cats.

CeeLo Green's "fuck you" was playing in my head while thinking about this post.

yeah, this is why I dont like Yves at all and amongst the background characters only Chiyoda, Chiharu and Sensei are the only decent ones (Amongst girls)