• MC childhood friend, Someya Yuzu
    • Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

Even reading a different route doesn't allow me to escape my true feelings. 

Spoiler

gPKCcHU.jpg

I am definitely broken, please return me to the factory ASAP. Thanks <3

Oh and Austin's route was okay, I guess. l actually laughed out loud when at one point they reused the same background and the same character sprite with the excuse of a "twin brother". 

Koiken Otome started out kind of janky and lightly bad, but it got better over time. No idea if I have a fork in my brain or if it grew on my me, but I really feel like everything got better and better the longer I read. So far, I like the character routes more than the common route.

Commitment is a difficult thing, but I'm not going to abandon Elina. I (somehow) managed to resist Mayu-Mayu too, so I have faith in myself. :miyako: 
The temptation is real though... Have you seen the dog-play scene? www

In other news, I have reached Yuzu. A coinflip decided and I'll probably burn through this VN by monday night.

I blame the fact that the new Overwatch patch hasn't been released yet for that, because until it is, I have just nothing better to do than plow through every recently translated thing I can find.

im not criticizing the translators, im just asking just why, it is just to target the different audience or something? i didnt see that in readme tho. sorry if you misunderstand my statement.

Question: what is the use of Frame in Frame settings?

PS: i didnt notice the circles thingy with sword at the lower left, until ive in second route which changes when you pass the common route, also the square thingy on each save also have the separate color depending if youre in common route or heroine route

4 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

im not criticizing the translators, im just asking just why, it is just to target the different audience or something? i didnt see that in readme tho. sorry if you misunderstand my statement.

Question: what is the use of Frame in Frame settings?

PS: i didnt notice the circles thingy with sword at the lower left, until ive in second route which changes when you pass the common route, also the square thingy on each save also have the separate color depending if youre in common route or heroine route

Yeah the different swords in the text box is quite a cool feature :P You can also change the color of the entire box in the first option tab. (I personally changed it to fit each heroine's element, because it makes it even cooler! :sacchan:

As for the frame, I actually have no idea. I still haven't seen what that changes :michiru:

And about the translation, there really is no way to tell. You would have to ask them directly.

As long as the meaning is not completely changed, then there shouldn't be too much to worry about. (Of course, if you want to ask them directly, you can always go over to their site and ask. Maybe they have some insight on it.)

My guess would be that it was just an editor thinking it would sound better in English. So in a way, it is to target the English speaking audience better. (Of course this is just a wild guess.)

forgot to mention, you can zoom both cg and not cg in game if you:

1. hide the textbox (space / X)

2. click any part of the screen (Z) 3. ?????? 4. Profit

you can now see pixelated crotch on a zoomed version :wahaha:

to zoom out, just click (Z) or press Space (X) to instantly restore the text box (i accidentally notice it)

so question again: i cleared yuzu route and unlock all cg from her but it appears that some h-scene are not unlocked. Am i missing something?

also it is me or the common route is more exiting than the route itself?

EDIT:

now how to zoom pictures to cg gallery........

2 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

so question again: i cleared yuzu route and unlock all cg from her but it appears that some h-scene are not unlocked. Am i missing something?

Ah, no, this is the case for all of the routes.

3 H-scenes will contain 3 CG variants, however 2 H-scenes will contain only 2. But all the H-scenes have 3 CG squares ready, so 2 of them will be blanked out.

(So this will be the case for all the heroines, even after the game is 100% completed.) It's a bit strange that they just left them grey so that it looks like you are missing something when you aren't but ... that's what the decided to do :P

I still haven't hit my first choice yet, but I want more of Fujishima-sensei. She's such a nice teacher....I can always just go back and listen to Misae Munakata or Momoyo though.
And Akane being the unyielding optimist and Touko being super considerate...it's hard to choose.  

Chiharu's a perv. I like it. I just completed the bath peeping scene too. Bliss

17 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

forgot to mention, you can zoom both cg and not cg in game if you:

1. hide the textbox (space / X)

2. click any part of the screen (Z) 3. ?????? 4. Profit

you can now see pixelated crotch on a zoomed version :wahaha:

to zoom out, just click (Z) or press Space (X) to instantly restore the text box (i accidentally notice it)

also it is me or the common route is more exiting than the route itself?

EDIT:

now how to zoom pictures to cg gallery........

There is a small arrow button thing on the bottom right corner. Press that to initiate zooming.

On 16/7/2016 at 2:40 AM, Erogamer said:

By the way, has anyone else had issue with text not wrapping properly and single  letters left to hang by themselves?

Same problem...and this is seriously annoying. VERY annoying.

EDIT : OK, I'm stupid, stupid, stupid !!! (auto-baka) The problem disappeared with...magical japanese locale :wafuu:

Edited by Canicheslayer

On 7/17/2016 at 1:25 PM, TexasDice said:

Koiken Otome started out kind of janky and lightly bad, but it got better over time. No idea if I have a fork in my brain or if it grew on my me, but I really feel like everything got better and better the longer I read. So far, I like the character routes more than the common route.

heh, I was thinking the same thing tbh.

1Bf9e79.jpg

Actually, in hindsight it's not very accurate to Koiken Otome - but meh, been looking for an excuse to post it :makina:

Replace XP with Win7, and Vista with Win10 - and *BAM*,  suddenly relevent again. :sachi:

4 minutes ago, MFrost said:

I'm still amazed people are using XP...Get with the times!!!

So, is Koiken Otome only focusing on the school battles? ...I thought I saw that there'd be aliens/creatures somewhere...maybe I mixed it up with another game?

Very, very light content spoilers, just in case though:

Spoiler

Sadly, the route focusing on the aliens is in the fandisk. Of course, it has a place in the routes here too, but the main focus on it is in the fandisk, where it has its own route.

The school battles are only up until the common route ends though.

The actual core plot varies in each route, but the theme is pretty much the same in all of them.

Akane is pretty cute. As someone who grew up with saturday morning cartoons and lame 90s sports movies, I'm a sucker for underdogs. She is kind of a protagonist in her own way; underdog-status, devoted and hard-working, endearing naivete when it comes to human interaction and a big anime sword. Traits check out methinks. :wafuu:

I actually would've been interested in reading the entire common route from Akane's point of view. (Is there a market for anime-fight stories/settings in otomege?) 

Spoiler

yYei3U2.png

Also, I'm pretty sure we don't have a kissing-scene-"meta", but Akane would be leading by a mile if I we did. Fight me. (Touko is obviously leading the first-date-meta, no discussion necessary elinafaceemoticon41kaba.png ) 

I was interested in this since it reminded me of some light novels but the focus being mainly on the interschool tournament is kinda disappointing. Only finished Yve's route. Its ok though doesn't really dwell on the drama too much. I hope the other routes are better.

Just now, Roanstalker said:

I was interested in this since it reminded me of some light novels but the focus being mainly on the interschool tournament is kinda disappointing. Only finished Yve's route. Its ok though doesn't really dwell on the drama too much. I hope the other routes are better.

All the routes are very similar in their overall build up, so you should expect something rather similar in the amount of drama and the way it is resolved in all four.

But of course, all of them are different in their own way. The one with the most dramatic developments is probably Yuzu's and Akane's. I'd go with one of those two if that is a really important factor for you, but keep in mind that this is a moege and that is very clear in all the routes.

16 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

All the routes are very similar in their overall build up, so you should expect something rather similar in the amount of drama and the way it is resolved in all four.

But of course, all of them are different in their own way. The one with the most dramatic developments is probably Yuzu's and Akane's. I'd go with one of those two if that is a really important factor for you, but keep in mind that this is a moege and that is very clear in all the routes.

I'll give them a try. I guess I was just expecting the aliens to be more than just setup. I hope the fan disk gets picked up as well.

1 minute ago, Roanstalker said:

I'll give them a try. I guess I was just expecting the aliens to be more than just setup. I hope the fan disk gets picked up as well.

There is actually a partial sub on youtube for the Kotona route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q70bn1hsf78&list=PLIAdFlUveZWMqk-3yKcUZi5YsAfkUdnjj&index=2

I don't know how the quality of the TL is, as I haven't checked it myself yet, and I also don't know if it has the full route or not but... it's somethig at least.

Hopefully Flying Pantsu decides to do the fandisk too though, yeah. From what I have played so far it is very enjoyable.