What methods do you use to watch anime?

atchikotchi

Just found Gogoanime app for the IOS you gotta pay a few dollars for the pro version but they got a pretty wide selection even for people outside the US. Not alot of HD videos but it works best if your mostly watching it on your ipad or iphone on the go.

Scratch that it seems they were redirecting videos from another site so i don't think the app is gonna be there for very long

• 2 weeks later...

Curious what websites you guys use to stream? Besides crunchyroll. I find it ridiculous the sites i use streams so much slower when compared to torrenting a 1080p episode

The best streaming websites i've used are http://animeultima.tv or http://anime-exceed.com

For animeultima their mirrors usually have good quality (the ones i use more often are AUEngine, MP4Upload and VideoNest) and for older anime they often upload new mirrors with HD, it's a pretty good service.

For anime-exceed their sockshare or putlocker mirrors are often close to 720p which is rather decent for a stream, and they allow for direct download as well.

I quit using streaming sites after i started getting really aggravated at the low quality of the videos on the sites and, at least on whatever site I used to go on, sometimes the video would stop halfway and I would have to let it reload back to the spot I was at. Now I just download of either the website of the sub group or off of nyaa

I quit using streaming sites after i started getting really aggravated at the low quality of the videos on the sites and, at least on whatever site I used to go on, sometimes the video would stop halfway and I would have to let it reload back to the spot I was at. Now I just download of either the website of the sub group or off of nyaa

that happens alot on my playbook... i now download anime. i think imma try torrenting now.

As of recently since my job is currently only part-time and my bills are nearly my entire paycheck I usually will torrent anime or on the rare occasion download anime when no torrent is available. I have also started on occasion to support crunchyroll since I see them as the future of the anime industry over here. Specifically with this most recent season I am rather impressed how quick they are getting most of the new episodes out quicker than the fansubbers I like. Crunchyroll may not be the best but I do like to the support the industry when I can and CR has yet to give me a reason to really dislike them. 

Generally I watch anime in fan-sub format with a few of my regulars being UTW, commie, gg, FFF subs and horriblesubs when there is nothing else. I tend to watch subs more than dubs but that's because my standard for quality dubs has been raised pretty high over the years and I base those off of either how good they fit or how funny they turn out. I generally watch videos in 720 because some shows I can't even tell the difference when they are in a higher quality. 

I, like others of the people in this thread, do buy anime however if it is at a reasonable price, is a great series, or if I like both the sub and the sample of the dub that I've heard. I buy usually from rightstuf or amazon and usually only buy anime once a year (save up maybe 200 or so dollars) and buy a few things during the special xmas or Black Friday sales. It is more and more unlikely that I will buy a series if the dub is utter shit. I rather like the index and railgun series but because of how badly funimation dubbed and localized/translated those shows I will not support them. I also boycott most shows Britney Karbowiski is in because I am sick of her voice (she was ok in some of her early roles but she hasn't changed and doesn't fit most of the roles assigned to her). 

animetake, bakabt, nyaa, crunchyroll, and watch cartoons online are my primary ways I watch anime outside of buying once/twice max a year and usually DVD/BR if they have the combo or dvd if it's not a show that needs blu-ray. I also will not buy from Aniplex USA because I think their anime policies are ridiculous and their prices too outrageously expensive. Funimation has hits or misses so previewing their first few episodes of a series is how I usually decide if I will pick one of their titles up. Sentai has horrible dubs for the most part so I'm pretty weary with them as well. I usually watch in MPC-HC as it seems to be the best video program although some videos I have only play in VLC for some reason so I also use that.

• 7 months later...

What does Fuwa use to watch anime? Do you Download it from some "Arrg" site? or do you use CrunchyRoll or some streaming site like Anilinkz? Or do you buy the Disks?

Personally i use CrunchyRoll and if they dont have it Anilinkz and am curious what you guys use

Torrents. I'm picky about fansubs, though I have a bunch of favourite groups; sometimes I watch raws. If it's really worth it, I wait for BD's. I'm using K-lite and MPC-HC for playback. If it's possible, I support studios by buying original releases or whatever else possible, provided the are good enough.

Watching streams is utter crap.

Honestly, it really depends on the anime. Though, I usually watch anime on CrunchyRoll, youtube, Blu Rays / DVDs and Hulu. I'll watch them as they air for new series and obviously go back and watch the older ones.

The method I use to watch anime is by opening my eyes. When I close them I can't see very well.

The experience is much more enjoyable with eyes opened. I tried opening only one eye but it's more tiring.

Also, be sure your computer is turned the right way. Be sure you are facing the screen and that the right window is opened.

Many beginners fall for these. beware

animehere.com <- this is where is watch my anime.

When I like the anime I usually DL it 1080p with torrents