Favorite Visual Novel Artists

mitchhamilton

What are some of your favorite visual novel artists? Which artist left an impression on you as you read through a certain vn? Which one made you wish to see more of their work?

For me, it is either Tony Taka, who's done "Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro" "Fault!" "After..." and many others.

Spoiler

OnCYf9w.jpg

Another is Happoubi Jin. whos done stuff such as "KanojoxKanajoxKanojo" and its sequel, "Boin" and its sequel, as well as the Bishoujo Mangekyou series.

Spoiler

25667.jpg

what about you? whos some of your favorite vn artists?

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

My favorites have to be Aoki Fumio, Alpha, and Tony Taka.

Reveal hidden contents

e003.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

G-senjou.No.Maou.full.471865.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

faultditonytaka.jpg

I haven't played that third one but the first two i agree they're my favorites, didn't know their names before now though

For me they are:

Happoubi Jin

Spoiler

LXkdT2M.jpg

Happoubi Jin, or BiMan is the artist for such succesful nukige titles such as Bishoujo Mangekyou and Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo

I fell in love with his artstyle when I played Norowareshi Densetsu no Shoujo, and he's the best nukige artist I know

Motoi Ayumu

Spoiler

6sOsSHf.jpg

Ayumu is one of my two favorite artist overall, and I've loved her works in KonoSora and Miagete.

Shida Kazuhiro

Spoiler

drRRU0D.jpg

As the huge Favorite fanatic I am, Kazuhiro appeals to me immensly. Some may think the art as little different, but I love his works. The second of my favorite artists overall.

(Also yay for more showing off Yume :miyako: )

Senmaiba

Spoiler

p7oe2uT.jpg

Senmaiba is a new one.

I loved the style in Gahkthun and Shining Night

Definetly a new favorite.

4 hours ago, Makudomi said:

Sugina Miki (real name Aoki Fumio). Hands down.

Reveal hidden contents

ig_005_cs1w1_640x788.jpg

Kara.no.Shoujo.full.726428.jpg

Stunning, detailed style that especially complements IG's horror titles. I'm proud to own an artbook of theirs.

Darn.. it.. That's so awesome. I never bothered with knowing the name of vn artists but always admired innocent grey's art.

Now I have a favorite vn artist. That would be Aoki Fumio :miyako:

• 3 months later...

Do you have a specific artist whose style really appeals to you? I like Hamashima Shigeo. Her characters are usually well proportioned, and although I haven't read the thing myself (as much as I would like to), the blood in Maggot Baits is so goopy and pleasant to look at:wafuu:. The character designs look great too... Well, even setting Maggot Baits aside, things like Euphoria and No, Thank You look fantastic as well.

I like Satoi's art. I haven't played Diabolik Lovers yet but the art looks gorgeous. I've been playing Ozmafia for a while now and I loved the art. It looks like watercolor paintings or something. It's pretty soft and feminine, in contrast to the darker theme in DL. I also haven't read The House in Fata Morgana yet but I like Moyataro's art. It's something I don't usually see in a VN, and I think that the gothic art style is beautiful.

I'm gonna be a massive hypocrite for this one

I disagree with a lot of people here on what 'good art' means. To me, a lot of the art that gets praised around here doesn't feel like art to me, it just feels like pretty pictures, it just feels like high quality moe fanservice. I don't dislike this kind of work, even less so the people that love it, but to me, art should be artistic. It should speak, it should have a personality of its own, it should explore the boundaries of familiarity.

Just my opinion though.

Oishi ryuuko best guy

Generally, I don't really pay much attention to the names of artists and such from VNs I read. But I really like Shiro's style. He is the guy that did the art in Symphonic Rain. Symphonic Rain's art, while admittedly simplistic, has a certain charm to it in my view. And it certainly stands out from the crowd. Anyway, when I was in Taiwan a few weeks ago, I found some doujin stuff by Shiro which was really cool.

13453252_289441908055984_1293925114_o.jp

13492917_289442591389249_1379799941_n.jp

13472233_289442768055898_1908824275_n.jp