Conjueror's Untranslated Visual Novel Tournament [Discussion]

Maxel

Wanted to read Hatsuyuki Sakura for a long time so I'm rooting for that one of course. Especially if it's against this... 'thing'.

Hatsusaku also has an average of almost 8.5 with about 350 votes on VNDB for an untranslated VN. That's hardly a rating for a mere 'run of the mill moege' anymore. Sakura no Uta also isn't that much higher with just ~0.4 more and... 250 votes less.

I still think that Sayooshi looks like ... and it have only 80 on EGS... Some guys are too crazy about old, short denpa VN with ugly art, bad resolution by unknown writer and unknown developer in NVL style.  HatsuSaku is better rated on vndb and EGS probably not without a reason. Maybe I'm being too salty here w/e. In ratings: Hatsu>Sayooshi In art: Hatsu>Sayooshi In story, dunno but probably too: Hatsu>Sayooshi ... 

I guess this is how "hyping" works.

The funny thing is, it's going against Dies Irae next and considering that Dies Irae has about 100 votes less and a similar rating like Hatsusaku, a win might actually be not so unlikely. Because naturally, Dies Irae is just lowly chuuni crap while Sayooshi is kamige x 20 with super unique story about a protagonist with psychological problems in an even more unique school life settings, peppered with lots of delicious hardcore sex fetishes like guro and tentacle rape. Who could resist that combination?!?

17 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

The funny thing is, it's going against Dies Irae next and considering that Dies Irae has about 100 votes less and a similar rating like Hatsusaku, a win might actually be not so unlikely. Because naturally, Dies Irae is just lowly chuuni crap while Sayooshi is kamige x 20 with super unique story about a protagonist with psychological problems in an even more unique school life settings, peppered with lots of delicious hardcore sex fetishes like guro and tentacle rape. Who could resist that combination?!?

why so mad?

EDIT: also its amusing that so many people hates on chaos;child but its still winning the new poll by miles lol, thumps up people......

Anyway harukuru here we go!!

2 hours ago, Maxel said:

I still think that Sayooshi looks like ... and it have only 80 on EGS... Some guys are too crazy about old, short denpa VN with ugly art, bad resolution by unknown writer and unknown developer in NVL style.  HatsuSaku is better rated on vndb and EGS probably not without a reason. Maybe I'm being too salty here w/e. In ratings: Hatsu>Sayooshi In art: Hatsu>Sayooshi In story, dunno but probably too: Hatsu>Sayooshi ... 

I guess this is how "hyping" works.

This is by far the worst post in the entire thread ... and that's saying something because this whole thread is pure cancer.

On 28.01.2016 at 1:15 AM, Decay said:

It's odd that you say that it NEVER would have happened when Himawari was actually born as a fan TL project. Also, he has talked a bit about this in the past, but his VN work definitely isn't his full time job, it doesn't pay nearly well enough to be one's lone source of income.

Ehm. Speaking about fan TL project - I believe everything start as a proof-of-concept (e.g. you translate a thing you like to see how it will go) unless you have a contract to follow, I see no difference in VN field as well. If Conjueror never released anything, this cannot be considered as a fan TL project by me. But as I never saw where he spoke about translating Himawari as a fan project - can you give me links to read that? Maybe I am wrong.

I started Himawari as a fan-tl project in secret with GareJei, but I was planning to contact one of the localizers or the original developers with it from the start (figured having most of the game already tled would give us more bargaining power). We would've probably released it unofficially if we were turned down as the project was something I did mostly for practice and building up confidence before applying for a job at MG, or another localization company.

It all kinda turned out even better than I had planned. xD

19 minutes ago, Conjueror said:

I started Himawari as a fan-tl project in secret with GareJei, but I was planning to contact one of the localizers or the original developers with it from the start (figured having most of the game already tled would give us more bargaining power). We would've probably released it unofficially if we were turned down as the project was something I did mostly for practice and building up confidence before applying for a job at MG, or another localization company.

It all kinda turned out even better than I had planned. xD

:) Ok, thx for clarification.

Btw, you now only translate VNs fulltime or you work on other translations (like I dunno, manuals)? As everyone here keep saying that VN translation is not profitable for translator (I actually kinda doubt that, having in mind the actual prices) and you should be doing something apart VN translations.

15 hours ago, Crayten said:

I voted for Harukuru a.k.a "never judge a book by its cover" impersonated and the chances that Chaos;Child gets a english translation are pretty high anyway.

Don't know about that. So far we're waiting ages for Steam release of already translated S;G + nothing has been announced by 5pb... They might aswell stop at S;G 0, or maybe even just at S;G... Who knows what they'll do. Years of waiting for localization of C;H don't look too good. Their english twitter is pretty much dead anyway, and they released only one game.

Can't wait for Sayooshi to eliminate Dies from Tournament Bracket... :salt::salt: Just because it has denpa tag.

23 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Wanted to read Hatsuyuki Sakura for a long time so I'm rooting for that one of course. Especially if it's against this... 'thing'.

Hatsusaku also has an average of almost 8.5 with about 350 votes on VNDB for an untranslated VN. That's hardly a rating for a mere 'run of the mill moege' anymore. Sakura no Uta also isn't that much higher with just ~0.4 more and... 250 votes less.

Yeeeeeah I want it as well :vinty:

Please! Make it happen people!

Or hold the guy at gun point and force him! :holo: