Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

TIL: Steam takes over 30% from the sales... I always thought it was like 10-20%, well played Gaben. Having monopoly is never a good thing...

That might explain why Clannad is so expensive. If Root Double would be put on Steam for 30$(KS price), the profit would be only 20$, which is 2420 yen(cheap as ... for a VN this quality and length) KS purely profit the devs and pubs.

6 hours ago, Basileus777 said:

It's not going to just barely make it. It'll do over 145k at this point.

Probably.

It would be awesome if it reached 180k, but lets face it .. That is kind of a stretch.

But, you never know. Hopefully all the lazy people who clicked "remind me" will be jumping on and start pledging soon, when it reaches the last 48 hours.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Probably.

It would be awesome if it reached 180k, but lets face it .. That is kind of a stretch.

But, you never know. Hopefully all the lazy people who clicked "remind me" will be jumping on and start pledging soon, when it reaches the last 48 hours.

I think you're a little too hopeful. People will only increase their pledge if they're somewhat near the stretch goal, which the Kickstarter is far from it at the moment.

A little less than $8000 to go~ :sachi:

Also, all you Root Double backers, don't forget to support the Thunderclap thing if you haven't already, so the KS gets sent to all the supporting people's friends and followers. 

Here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/37185-let-s-kickstart-root-double

40 minutes ago, LightBladeNova said:

A little less than $8000 to go~ :sachi:

Also, all you Root Double backers, don't forget to support the Thunderclap thing if you haven't already, so the KS gets sent to all the supporting people's friends and followers. 

Here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/37185-let-s-kickstart-root-double

Yes! This, a million times this! We're super close to Thunderclapping the KS! And who knows...with a day to go after a successful Thunderclap we may drive home some of those stretch goals. Stay optimistic.
Please share the link wherever you can! http://thndr.me/T7lwJD

Thanks yet again for all the awesome support and for the Thunderclap idea. Seeeeeee, we listen. ;)

8 hours ago, DavidB said:

Yes! This, a million times this! We're super close to Thunderclapping the KS! And who knows...with a day to go after a successful Thunderclap we may drive home some of those stretch goals. Stay optimistic.
Please share the link wherever you can! http://thndr.me/T7lwJD

Thanks yet again for all the awesome support and for the Thunderclap idea. Seeeeeee, we listen. ;)

I hope you're prepared to make 50~~ twitter accounts xD

I'm still highly confident Root Double will make it, but I don't know if they'd make more money with or without the latest update... I feel like they'd make more without it /: I just don't want to see the $99/$140 backers downpledging to $40/$50.

Then again, I never understood why people would go for *just* the Vita and be willing to wait a year to play this VN, when they can read it in 2 months on PC. 

Given how Clannad went, I won't be surprised at all if in 4 months (or whatever) we see another flood of "WTF, I paid them $50, the game came out, and I have to wait another year to play it? Where's my Steam key?!". Granted, granted, things are a little different this time: it's at least clear already that there's going to be a huge time gap. But... well, I guess we'll see.

43 minutes ago, douggle said:

It made it, hopefully though SP learns some lessons from this kickstarter,  as much as I dislike Sekai Project, I will admit they handled their past campaigns much better, at the end I was seeing backers scrambling around desperate to get this game some press. That isn't something a backer should have to do. 

Yeah. Companies should be the ones getting Kickstarters some publicity. Sekai Project really does need to learn from this Kickstarter or else more of their Kickstarters are gonna go badly.

9 hours ago, DavidB said:

Yup, we've past the goal. Now just need a few dozen (37 to be exact) people to hop on the Thunderclap and maybe we can hit some of the stretch goals. I can't thank the Fuwa community enough. You've all been super helpful and awesome! http://thndr.me/T7lwJD

Gratz!

*Dergonu raises his glass*

Awesome work everyone! Now I'll get to see this collector's edition sitting on my shelf next to the others :miyako: