Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

Thanks all for the continued feedback. We're certainly listening and adapting as best we can with what we have for this campaign. We've been pushing hard the last week or so and are on a solid track to getting this one funded. If anyone has any additional feedback, please keep it coming. We certainly love to hear from all of you...be it positive, constructive criticism, or even the not so constructive criticism (because sometimes you just need to vent, and that's totally cool with me).

EDIT: Oh, and on a side note (not necessarily directly related to visual novels per se), we're getting ready to launch Rabi-Ribi tomorrow. If you dig metroidvania-style 2D platforming games and Touhou-style bullet-hell (bunny-hell in this case :P) boss battles, this one might be right up your alley.

Edited by DavidB
Shamless Rabi-Ribi plug

That was a nice journey. "From the worst VN Kickstarter" to "Acceptable/Good VN Kickstarter" 

- Merchandise added

- PSVita added/Price changes to the tiers(absurd shikishi's tiers changed to acceptable ones)/Names in credits/1$ tier added

- New tiers for PSVita etc.

- Collector's Box tiers added

And there was also a lot of Game Information updates, pretty nice addition. I didn't read any of them, because I like to go in blind, but still that's pretty nice. Looks like the devs decided to jump on the train during the KS seeing that it's not doing well, and save honor, and also respect the backers. I wonder if how it would look if this KS has all these at the start, and maybe better layout and tier wording/styling, something like in Muv-Luv KS. Anyway, now we can rest assured that it will make it. After all, good job during the campaign Sekai Project, you still have a lot to learn, but I hope you won't make the same mistakes.

34 minutes ago, LightBladeNova said:

Latest update gives us a Collector's Edition, whooo! Gonna up my pledge to get that :)

Well I was holding off from upgrading my pledge untill the end of the month so I'll be able to get this instead then. Awesome :D

Mug and collector's edition as well the OST. Pretty good deal for 125$ :sachi:

5 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

They should have done this from the beginning.

There is no point in lamenting about the past, the important thing is that they took in consideration many suggestion and the campaign is doing better and right now is probably that it'll get funded , I'm sure it will, almost 110k and 5 days left. I'm not sure about reaching any of the stretch goals since they are kinda meh (at least they are for me)

1 hour ago, Deep Blue said:

There is no point in lamenting about the past, the important thing is that they took in consideration many suggestion and the campaign is doing better and right now is probably that it'll get funded , I'm sure it will, almost 110k and 5 days left. I'm not sure about reaching any of the stretch goals since they are kinda meh (at least they are for me)

180k is probably too far to reach anyway, but yeah, after today there's no doubt that this is getting funded.

I saw the update a little bit ago and while I'm happy that Sekai Project decided to listen to their backers, I'm a little annoyed that they decided to drastically increase the number of $2k tier shikishis.  When I pledged for it, I felt it was worth it given the lowered price point, the desperate need for Kickstarter funding at the time, and the rarity of the shikishi.  Now they've nearly tripled the tier size when the general sentiment at the time of the update was that the Kickstarter was going to be funded anyway.  It feels a little like a cash grab and a leaves me with a sour feeling about my pledge.  Still in a wait and see mode about keeping it.

On 1/27/2016 at 2:00 PM, DavidB said:

Thanks all for the continued feedback. We're certainly listening and adapting as best we can with what we have for this campaign. We've been pushing hard the last week or so and are on a solid track to getting this one funded. If anyone has any additional feedback, please keep it coming. We certainly love to hear from all of you...be it positive, constructive criticism, or even the not so constructive criticism (because sometimes you just need to vent, and that's totally cool with me).

Not going to lie but the fact someone from Sekai Project came into this thread to talk with some of the community is a huge positive in my eyes and despite my harsh criticisms and my tsundere tendencies towards sekai project as a whole I have to admit this was a good move. I likely would not have backed MikandI's project had they not had someone come in here to try and push for their game and the same would have been true for this. The fact someone has for root double is nice because I have fewer issues backing it now (wish there was a paypal option though). I'm still going to be extremely critical and cautious for other games and kickstarters as a whole but this one I'll go ahead and put in some faith. I'll at least be able to check it out sooner rather than later.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help and the big push we've seen on the campaign in the last couple weeks. A vast majority of that is on all of you, so thank you!

Also, thanks @Maxel. Good call on the Thunderclap push: http://thndr.me/T7lwJD - totally forgot that Libra used that - I even tested it out trying to get some votes for Sound of Drop. It was up for Community GOTY on Rely On Horror. We got edged out only by Until Dawn I think. Gave them a damn good run for their money though. 

EDIT: Also, why are you reading this?! Go out and have fun, it's the weekend. Well, consider Thunderclappin' then go out and have fun. ;)

8 hours ago, DavidB said:

EDIT: Also, why are you reading this?! Go out and have fun, it's the weekend. Well, consider Thunderclappin' then go out and have fun. ;)

outside bad, forum good. xD

btw  Thunderclap  helped mikandi a lot with libra so yeah a bit late but it's a good idea to use it now :)