What are you playing?

Well, I finally just finished Swan Song tonight, only an hour ago...

I'm recovering from what I just witnessed/read...

An amazing story with a few flaws, 

but it did what it had to do to my emotions.... I thought I've seen everything and that I was no longer emotionally sensitive; shedding a tear was not something I expected... I have a lot to say about this VN, such as my experiences, thoughts and opinions, but I'm at a loss for words right now.

I think the spoiler tag was necessary since it's a bit of my reaction about the ending~ but yeah, there was one small aspect of the story that I found was uninteresting and less believable, which was the introduction of 

the Daichi Society

but everything else the story offers pretty much makes up for that flaw, in my opinion :D.

Concerning the rape scenes though, 

there are a few of them and they do influence to the plot in some way.

Sorry if I keep abusing spoiler tags, but I like thinking that there are some who want to delve into novels blindly without knowing anything. All in all, I recommend it as I found it to be a very fun story about human cooperation in a seemingly dead world.

Done with Nori's route (Love Rec). Now I understand why Hitomi's route is locked. It seems like every routes are connected to each other, with Hitomi's being the True route.

Can tell as much that Hitomi came back from the future to change Akira's fate. Miyuki played a seemingly quite important role in that future, directly led to the reason why Hitomi came back to the past (and the incident in Nori's route). Lots of unexplained details in Nori's route, which will all be cleared up in Hitomi's route I guess.

Actually, Akira even said that Nori's dreams may be "messages from the future". That hint though.

Btw, I missed one Nori's H-scene (also have Chiho in it), according to their main page. Unlockable harem end?!

I'm actually playing Eden* as well right now. Agreed completely on the "gorgeous" statement. This is the first Minori VN for me, but if the feels turn out as good as the art, I'm definitely going to look at picking up more.

You should definitely give ef a go. It has almost the same quality of CGs, but it's much longer to beat.

I've just finished Yumiko's route. It was so so. The first half was bad, but things got better later.

The initial conflict was boring and not very well chosen.

I know it was supposed to be something "fake", but even when things were supposed to be serious, it was terribly boring. I couldn't get myself into those fights, and they made such a fuss about Yuuji's broken arm, and Yumiko was afraid... I also think the conflict should've been chosen better. Maybe something that hinted on her backstory. Because agents trying to kidnap her under her father's orders was kinda...

Everything was so fast and sudden, I couldn't take it seriously. They didn't refrain from spending time with jokes, but when it came to the conflicts, they brought up in the blink of an eye and finished it quickly.

The romance also started terribly.

Seriously, Yuuji didn't really like her and just brought it up sometime like something he didn't care about. He was just like: if she likes me, I'll be with her. Then, he asked her during the meal if she kissed him last night. She reluctantly confirmed it, and then he said he liked her and wanted to sleep with her. They had sex just after that (didn't see anything thankfully, since I was playing the Steam version) and after they had sex Yumiko was still embarrassed to address Yuuji by his first name, lol.

But the romance got better, specially in the "amusement park" scene. It was indeed, a romantic scene.

The conflict also got better on the second half, aside

Yumiko's *burdens* as a housewife and she  discussing all the time with Yuuji. That seriously annoyed me

From the first half, the only thing I liked was the flashback.

I hope the other routes can achieve something higher. When I started playing Grisaia, I expected something as good as Rewrite. I don't think Grisaia can give me some truly masterpiece like Lucia's route, but let's see... Next will be Makina's route.

Just finished Kotori's route in KonoSora. Not much to say here - they nailed the presentation as usual, the ending was really nice and moving. There also was no weirdly dumb drama this time around, so bonus points for that too. Not sure if I'll read the rest of the routes (twins and Amane) right away, or if I'll stall it for a bit again... I was really looking forward to Sayooshi for quite some time now, so I might just as well get that out of the way first, since it's apparently on the shorter side.

Currently reading Inganock. I fell in love at first sight with Sakurai's writing. She has a very neat and clear prose based on usually short sentences and use of similar words. The way she controls the rhythm of her text is really pleasant. This is the kind of writing even a newb like me can appreciate. I find her fight scenes especially engrossing, although I can see why people would complain about repetition, haha.

The VN is really beautiful, in a style that seems to be recurrent in Liar-Soft games (it reminded me of Forest but I suppose they have more games like that). I like its atmosphere a lot so far.

Several elements make it obvious Sakurai is taking from Utena, which pushes me to try to see exactly how she's using it and to think about the meaning behind each fight. Being a fan of Utena and the few works it inspired in animation, I'm very happy to see its influence extend to some eroge, and I'm really curious to see where she ends up leading the plot. I won't make theories before having read the whole thing though.

Just finished Kotori's route in KonoSora. Not much to say here - they nailed the presentation as usual, the ending was really nice and moving. There also was no weirdly dumb drama this time around, so bonus points for that too. Not sure if I'll read the rest of the routes (twins and Amane) right away, or if I'll stall it for a bit again... I was really looking forward to Sayooshi for quite some time now, so I might just as well get that out of the way first, since it's apparently on the shorter side.

The twins are lacking, but Amane's route is really good.

I agree with the rest of the peanut gallery on IMMHW - Amane's route was actually my favorite, but I didn't enjoy either of the twins' routes. Amane's route also fills in a lot of the noticeably-missing backstory about the past, which you won't get in any other route.

You should definitely give ef a go. It has almost the same quality of CGs, but it's much longer to beat.

I'll definitely consider it... but I've seen the whole anime series already, and parts of Melodies were pretty rough for me, so I don't know if I could handle that whole VN. Yes, I'm aware there is a lot more in the VN than in the anime, especially Kei, but... it's the content that's going to be there that's the problem, more so than that I've already seen it.

Just finished Gekkou no Carnevale, Was absolutely amazing and every moment reading it was a pleasure....Take that back, not every moment, there were bad moments, but It was fantastic,first and forth most, action packed, I have not read anything this action packed since Muv-Luv Alternative, and its so damn hard to find action packed VNs because of the language barrier, translation would scrw up the words and the story, so a lot of action VN gets cut. Excellent music , the music plays at the right time and its the perfect sound track for that setting, fits in perfectly. The story and characters are really well written, and as you read deeper into the story, you understand the characters better and see their other sides. It also has a easily hate-able antagonist that you keep on your head, the moment he appeared, I was like: fuck it he has to die, NOW, Nitroplus did a really great job doing this, Just like phantom of Inferno( I hated the antagonist from phantom of inferno too), its as if you feel uneasiness when reading the story because hes alive, you know hes gonna do something, and you want him to dead because until hes dead, the story is not gonna have a good end. The game is realistic, there is no happy end where everyone is safe and unharmed...people that are close to you will get hurt, and they will die...MC isn't superman , can't save everyone....Enough praises about the game, going back to Majikoi, have to finish the game before the patch comes out...hopefully by the time I finish the game, the patch is out 

I finally finished Muv-Luv Alternative after taking a few months long break from it.

I literally took the break just before Sadoshima Operation, if I had read little farther back then I would have finished MLA much sooner. It got too interesting to stop reading after I pick it up again, though the constant speeches about everyone's reasons for fighting started to get little tiring.  

The final mission was just amazing, but the way they concluded the story was pretty unexpected. I was expecting for the story to continue longer and I would have liked too see little more conclusion for BETA-world.

And the ending... All I can say is that now I kinda want to play Muv-Luv Altered Fable.

I finally finished Muv-Luv Alternative after taking a few months long break from it.

I literally took the break just before Sadoshima Operation, if I had read little farther back then I would have finished MLA much sooner. It got too interesting to stop reading after I pick it up again, though the constant speeches about everyone's reasons for fighting started to get little tiring.  

The final mission was just amazing, but the way they concluded the story was pretty unexpected. I was expecting for the story to continue longer and I would have liked too see little more conclusion for BETA-world.

And the ending... All I can say is that now I kinda want to play Muv-Luv Altered Fable.

I Felt like the ending was kinda rushed too, and it made me wanna play the sequel too,lol, but it is unfortunate that is untranslated. 

The ending was just like boom, your back to your world, all the sadness is gone, now cheer up because of this 360 turn from sadness to happiness, and it's almost as if they are advertising the next game, because the ending is all happy and in Alter fable everyone is happy too

I decided to do at least one route of Higurashi before going back and finishing &. I'm trying to go through Sui in the proper order so I'm doing Onikakushi first. This is my first time playing far enough into Onikakushi to see all the stuff that wasn't in the anime, but man people weren't joking when they said the anime was a horribly slashed and abridged version of the story. The game definitely gives you a lot more time to soak in all the aspects of 'normalcy' that exist before they shatter that normalcy.

Also Satoko is adorable when she isn't being a brat. She's almost constantly a brat in the anime except for a few key moments, but in the game there are a lot more instances of Satoko just talking to Keiichi normally, neither in 'ohoho' mode or 'nii-nii' mode, and when she's at her most normal she's at her most likeable.

Also the character sprites are bad. Not as bad as the originals, of course, but man does Rika's face look derpy, and they have Satoko looking like she's talking through clenched teeth half the time (I have a complex about faces. Just ask Ren about the time he showed me to a figure shop... half the remarks out of my mouth were variants of 'yeah but... that face... eugh'). At least the backgrounds look nice. The OST so far isn't up to Umineko standards, but I've heard the Higurashi OST improves exponentially from game to game.

Lost my laptop charger cable and put a stall to any and all vn's I was reading. Found it earlier today though so huzzah! 

Aside from Imouto Paradise, I feel like putting MGFITP on hold, as well as School Days. Instead I am playing a shit ton of HuniePop and want to start Sunrider Academy. The only gripe, that I fully blame myself for, is not realizing it was a dating sim. I tend to suck at stats especially when I don't have a focus. Does anyone have any tips on what to max, or go for?

I decided to do at least one route of Higurashi before going back and finishing &. I'm trying to go through Sui in the proper order so I'm doing Onikakushi first. This is my first time playing far enough into Onikakushi to see all the stuff that wasn't in the anime, but man people weren't joking when they said the anime was a horribly slashed and abridged version of the story. The game definitely gives you a lot more time to soak in all the aspects of 'normalcy' that exist before they shatter that normalcy.

Also Satoko is adorable when she isn't being a brat. She's almost constantly a brat in the anime except for a few key moments, but in the game there are a lot more instances of Satoko just talking to Keiichi normally, neither in 'ohoho' mode or 'nii-nii' mode, and when she's at her most normal she's at her most likeable.

Also the character sprites are bad. Not as bad as the originals, of course, but man does Rika's face look derpy, and they have Satoko looking like she's talking through clenched teeth half the time (I have a complex about faces. Just ask Ren about the time he showed me to a figure shop... half the remarks out of my mouth were variants of 'yeah but... that face... eugh'). At least the backgrounds look nice. The OST so far isn't up to Umineko standards, but I've heard the Higurashi OST improves exponentially from game to game.

Welcome to the infinite VN, fellow reader. :D For the 'proper order' most of the new arcs in the first 'file' assume that you've read Watanagashi at least, so you might go with that - or just leave them all for last. You can actually get all of them from the common route (includin'g Natsumi's, Someutsushi), even if it gives you the choice in the scenario select, just somehting I found interesting.

Also the cut content will get worse the further you get. The first season is still good, believe me... Kai gets so bad that entire characters get cut, but I suppose we should've expected no less from DEEN.  :amane:

And Satoko is still worst girl, normal moments or not.