What are you playing?

Rumor's on the street that some day Payne printed out a list of games from Nitro+ they'd release in a certain order in whatever magazine, and he is now treating it as a gospel or something, sticking to that precise order.

It doesn't help that Sumaga has been stalled for retarded reasons for a retardedly long time (aka it took one year for anyone to notice the translation was done).

It will be just more disturbing, and more criminal activity per hour, if you mean that. But yeah, it really have lot of slow idle dialogues, but I personally like one of the routes, when protagonist finally found all pieces of puzzle, gathered people together and like Poirot reveal to them, who, how and why. This was nice. But Reiji sucks as a detective, actually, so do not expect anything really cool from him. That's actually one of the good parts of this VN (for me) - no one in the game have any astonishing traits, so it is quite like in real life, very natural and believeable. Just it is utsuge all the way, so it was all quite depressing to read in the end. I wished for better end...

Also apparently Makoto is still neck deep in Django and he's the guy for Muramasa.

I liked Django, nice setting, good story, so wish them to release it soon. I completely understand Nitroplus position - licensed lot of games and no releases, that's not good at all.

I'm thinking of picking up Hanachirasu while it's on sale. Has anyone here read it? I don't like buying VNs without a general idea of their quality.

I am trying to read itfor month already. It is boring as hell. Their almost absolutely irrelevent and not interesting at all, have in the middle of plot battle to read like "oh, he uses a blade. That blade reminds me that in japan blades..." and stuff like that continues for 15-20-30 minutes. It is MUCH lengthty than cooking in Fate. Plot itself is boring too, number of chars important is limited to dunno, 3? So may e this will be better in the final (i read 2 or 3 chapters) but by now i use it as a sleeping pill - 15 min before sleep and i wake up n the morning :)

Well, I already bought it, so if I don't like it, too bad.  Like I said, though, I tend to like infodumps, so that's not a bad thing if they go on and on about something that I find at least mildly interesting.  The lore in F/sn had me saving and immediately going back to the main menu to pore over the entries I just unlocked the second the notification popped up.  Really, I like infodumps ^_^

Also, if you want to say something after you just posted, please edit it into your first post.  Triple posts are a no-no.

If you are a fan of japanese blade weapons and differences between blade fighting schools - that's would be ok. Me - do not have even slightest interest in this. Info in Fate was more enjoyable, as was more story-related.

Btw, who is admin? Want me to explain how to install an anti double post plugin? That's a shame this forum does not have it installed, as all other forums i use already have it, that's why it is kind of hard to always remember to edit. also i post from a phone, not possible to quote anything if you edit a post on mobile.

I guess?  I know a bit about them, but not enough to call myself even a novice in terms of what I know.  I'm fairly interested in them, but I'm more interested in blade fighting schools.  I've always been a sucker for martial arts.

That would be Nayleen.  If I remember correctly, there is anti-double posting software installed, but it only works if it occurs in a certain time frame, which doesn't usually happen.  Don't take my word for it, though, as I know pretty much nothing about it.

also full for django though it having some flaws & stuff, its been quite nice & refreshing in terms of its setting. so yeah its about time they get it done already, cause time is moving forward, not the other way round.

Well, continuing my adventures through Sayooshi. Done with three routes, with only two more left. While I see why they made the structure like this, I think it would actually benefit more if they streamlined it and reduced the number of routes altogether, because they're mostly the same with just a few differences, which ends up being really repetitive. Though well, I didn't finish the whole thing yet, so this opinion might change as well, depending on what they do in the end.

If anything, this is definitely the best denpa I've read so far.

I'm on pretty much the same page as Decay and Kenshin for suggested Rewrite order. Strongly recommend Kotori first and Akane last. I'd probably suggest (only slightly different from Kenshin's):

Kotori > Chihaya > Lucia > Shizuru > Akane

I believe that's the order I actually played it in, though I'm by no means sure. That said, I'm definitely in the minority in that I really enjoyed Shizuru's route and got a little bit less out of Lucia's. At any rate, anything along those lines should work well, and frankly you'll probably be fine with anything, since the game's route unlock order is sufficient to keep you from experiencing it in a weird way.

I'm almost done with Eden* (I think), and then I'll move on to My Girlfriend Is the President for the July VN club. Will post full thoughts on Eden* when I'm done, probably later tonight.

Eh, the main reason I recommended Shizuru before Lucia is because her route is more closely tied with Chihaya's (remember that scene at the end?). I can't remember the specifics, but I do also recall a few scenes in Lucia's route that would have been better if you read Shizuru's route first. It's not important in the grand scheme of things, but still a nice bonus.

Lucia's route unlocks Shizuru's so you can't actually play it in that order.

That was the one I referenced you condescending twerp.
Your opinions are disqualified for being a harem lover.

Well sorry if that's what you meant but your post wasn't very clear. And uhh, what? I hate the standard harem comedy. And hate Muv-Luv Extra for it.

edit: vvvvv My bad. For some reason I thought Lucia unlocked Shizuru and Kotori unlocked Akane. Got things a little bit backwards.

Lucia's route unlocks Shizuru's so you can't actually play it in that order.

It's Kotori's route that unlocks Shizuru's.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/958427-rewrite/faqs/68727

http://www.chaptercheats.com/cheat/pc/181586/Rewrite/unlocks/29050/

^^^Lol, all good. Now that I think about it, having those unlock requirements would make more sense than the ones they put in (except I'd have Shizuru unlock Lucia).

Oddly, I had the same incorrect recollection myself and almost said the same thing about that order being impossible (but thankfully I looked it up first rather than wrongly calling you out :D)

I wrapped up eden*. I absolutely loved it. If you're a big Key fan like me and haven't played this yet, definitely pick it up, because it's got a lot of the same vibe to it.

Here's some detailed, and essentially spoiler-free, thoughts:

- Art is phenomenal: I love the animations, the CGs, the sprites, the background art, and the character design. Everything! I love the way characters glow. What a gorgeous VN.
- Soundtrack is very good. The music is high-quality, mostly with a very soothing vibe, and fits the mood of the scenes like a glove. It doesn't overwhelm - it just complements. Really well-done.
- Character-wise, also quite enjoyable. There's a nice variety of characters, with very different attitudes and views, who all combine to make for interesting dynamics. I'll especially call out the Major, Maya, and Elica as characters I really liked seeing around. Maya was a particularly pleasant surprise, since I thought the VN was essentially over and winding down before she even appeared, and she ended up feeling very important and finding a special place in my heart.
- I like that the background plot is quite dramatic (the world is ending!), but the foreground plot is largely very calm. The slice-of-life scenes were what really made the experience memorable for me, and they were a lot more potent because they were set against that dramatic backdrop.
- Voice acting is thoroughly enjoyable as well. I was surprised and delighted to hear Comyu's Benio's voice actor appear as Maya; she's quickly become my favorite Japanese voice actor. But there's something about the way Sion says Ryou's name that just kills me, too...

- I have nothing negative to say about the translation, either. I think I recall one typo, but no notably bad word choice or grammar or anything like that. All in all, that gets it pretty decent marks, especially for a commercial translation (my impression of commercial VN translations is that quality is reliably a little lower than top-tier fan translations...)

kotori is the best girl because "shake it baby" followed by  Chihaya sadly her route (chihaya) is really boring and kotaru acts like a moron, well he acts like a moron in kotori's route too...wait he is a moron :wacko:

finished ame no marginal, I don't know what to say.... the only thing I'm sure of is that I enjoyed the short bonus charper of narcissu more than the vn itself.

I don't see any reason to dislike Hanachirasu if you like info-dumps. 

Hanachirasu was the last vn I read and I did enjoy it a lot even though I'm pretty much neutral about info-dumps though I do have a bit of interest in sword-fighting so that might be one reason. 

The theme of Hanachirasu is pretty dark and the protag especially shows a lot of antagonist-like characteristics. And as down said it has a detailed setting and OST and CGs are good too.

Almost done with Imouto Paradise, it's pure fluffy heaven. 

I have completed Aya, Koharu, Michika, and almost done with Rio. I should be able to 

lick clean up Hiyori's pee route by the end of this weekend.

Michika's route was OK, I guess. I really didn't like the fact that their relationship wasn't exposed/jabbed at by the other imouto's. The lack of penetration, on the females side, was pretty boring. From the anal play, males side, to public-ish sex, and then "forced" it just felt meh. I didn't mind the anal stuff or anything that went on in the route but It failed to fully excite me. I do give her props for the last h scene, she was uber cute when she said her love reached him etc, etc.

Now onto Rio. BEST IMOUTO NA/WORLD/EU/KR/BR. All of her h scenes to this point, even when a lot of them lacked penetration, were exciting to read/cute/hilarious. Honestly don't know if Hiyori can top Rio. Kneejob, armpit job, drinking from her chest, foot job that was waaaayyy better than Michika's... Rio is just love.

Almost done with Imouto Paradise, it's pure fluffy heaven. 

I have completed Aya, Koharu, Michika, and almost done with Rio. I should be able to 

lick clean up Hiyori's pee route by the end of this weekend.

Michika's route was OK, I guess. I really didn't like the fact that their relationship wasn't exposed/jabbed at by the other imouto's. The lack of penetration, on the females side, was pretty boring. From the anal play, males side, to public-ish sex, and then "forced" it just felt meh. I didn't mind the anal stuff or anything that went on in the route but It failed to fully excite me. I do give her props for the last h scene, she was uber cute when she said her love reached him etc, etc.

Now onto Rio. BEST IMOUTO NA/WORLD/EU/KR/BR. All of her h scenes to this point, even when a lot of them lacked penetration, were exciting to read/cute/hilarious. Honestly don't know if Hiyori can top Rio. Kneejob, armpit job, drinking from her chest, foot job that was waaaayyy better than Michika's... Rio is just love.

I felt like a horrible person for the first half of Hiyori's scenes.

Don't forget harem path.

I don't see any reason to dislike Hanachirasu if you like info-dumps. 

Hanachirasu was the last vn I read and I did enjoy it a lot even though I'm pretty much neutral about info-dumps though I do have a bit of interest in sword-fighting so that might be one reason. 

The theme of Hanachirasu is pretty dark and the protag especially shows a lot of antagonist-like characteristics. And as down said it has a detailed setting and OST and CGs are good too.

I didn't read Hanachirasu yet, but it's by the same author as Muramasa.... it has to be great.  :wafuu:

Started SubaHibi the other day. Decided to get in before the masses started spoiling it in every known place that discusses VNs. xD

Just finished up RH1, and am going to start reading RH2 when I get home from work. I don't really know what to say... except that I'm like next-level excited to get into the rest of it. ^_^

Edit: I have everything else on temporary stall by the way. So don't think I am trying to read this alongside of other things. SubaHibi is getting my undivided attention, as it should~