What are you playing?

I don't really see the comparison with MLA.

Having leeches fall on you = tentacle rape? Are you kidding? It's also a really short and tame scene. You're honestly being a big baby about this. Out of the hundreds of opinions I've read about GnK, I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about that scene until now.

I was talking about the noises Kazuki made, not the leeches themselves.

In retrospect, the scene isn't all that bad or anything. It appears that I have overreacted, just drawing conclusions from a scene that lasts, like, 20 lines. 

TL;DR: No problems with it now, just some weird noise that attempts to be erotic. Also does not happen to be shoehorned at the ending of the VN as a huge plot point, unlike certain others. I apologize for the thoughtless post. 

Finished both Amane endings.

That "Chiaki's grief-ridden daddy" twist at the end was, frankly, lame. Just an attempt at more tension, I'd say that them saying "screw the mysterious note, we're over that now" (or not including a reverse deus ex machina in there), kissing right next to the fallen bus,and ending the route like that would have been for the best.

Bad ending did not really need to exist, it did not hold much meaning, IMO. Ridiculously convenient Kizuko note, subpar "sad father" twist, overall was not worth the action.

The good ending was heartwarming (got a single tear out of me) but dragged on for a bit too long.

As for my favorite part,

ANGELIC FUCKIN HOWL

So good. I definitely did not expect Amane's past to take that turn, the game even managed to use the "single survivor of a sports team vehicle crash" trope in its favor in some respects. 

My love for stories which depict people trying to keep their sanity and their humanity under extreme-often lethal- conditions made this part shine. It did not focus on mystery, nor on horror, but on how starvation affects people. It's kind of like how Remember11 integrates cold into its story: It's similarly masterful. Kizuko was a fascinating character that I admired a lot, and the other cast did not feel like filler. I enjoyed every part of it, though since I knew how it ends I kind of wanted it to finish as well. I really love this part, definitely worth going through Grisaia no Pantsu: The First 60% of Amane's Route.

I really liked the common route, and it was very funny and hilarious at times. Makina and Sachi have some bloody hilarious exchanges. Consistently good throughout, makes me wish there was a Principal route and a JB route. It was not really going anywhere, like any SoL, but the best part was it established a routine so well that one cannot help but enjoy getting stuck in it for some lengthy hours. 

I finally finished Yume Miru Kusuri ~~ I can see why Ken-kun liked it so much I pretty much teared up/shed tears at all of the endings. Some of the routes I felt like there was to much sex and even stopped reading for a while because I was tired of it but I prevailed! Nekoko > Mizuka > Aeka. At first I thought Nekoko's route was going to be my least favorite but that ending completely made up for it. Mizuka's route would have been my favorite (that ending has to be one of my favorites) but 

them going to China for a night realllllly killed the mood for me.

Aeka's was pretty well balanced as far as I could tell and the ending was happy. 

After sleeping a night over Yume Miru Kusuri, I noticed what exactly bothered me throughout it's entirety (mainly pacing issues and contrivances), but it was a good read nonetheless. I like it and particularly fell for the art.

It felt a little like one of those Kickstarter-VNs, that you see advertised on Fuwa from time to time. Probably because of the art. 

In retrospect, the scene isn't all that bad or anything. It appears that I have overreacted, just drawing conclusions from a scene that lasts, like, 20 lines. 

TL;DR: No problems with it now, just some weird noise that attempts to be erotic. Also does not happen to be shoehorned at the ending of the VN as a huge plot point, unlike certain others. I apologize for the thoughtless post. 

That "Chiaki's grief-ridden daddy" twist at the end was, frankly, lame. Just an attempt at more tension, I'd say that them saying "screw the mysterious note, we're over that now" (or not including a reverse deus ex machina in there), kissing right next to the fallen bus,and ending the route like that would have been for the best.

Bad ending did not really need to exist, it did not hold much meaning, IMO. Ridiculously convenient Kizuko note, subpar "sad father" twist, overall was not worth the action.

The good ending was heartwarming (got a single tear out of me) but dragged on for a bit too long.

As for my favorite part,

ANGELIC FUCKIN HOWL

So good. I definitely did not expect Amane's past to take that turn, the game even managed to use the "single survivor of a sports team vehicle crash" trope in its favor in some respects. 

My love for stories which depict people trying to keep their sanity and their humanity under extreme-often lethal- conditions made this part shine. It did not focus on mystery, nor on horror, but on how starvation affects people. It's kind of like how Remember11 integrates cold into its story: It's similarly masterful. Kizuko was a fascinating character that I admired a lot, and the other cast did not feel like filler. I enjoyed every part of it, though since I knew how it ends I kind of wanted it to finish as well. I really love this part, definitely worth going through Grisaia no Pantsu: The First 60% of Amane's Route.

I really liked the common route, and it was very funny and hilarious at times. Makina and Sachi have some bloody hilarious exchanges. Consistently good throughout, makes me wish there was a Principal route and a JB route. It was not really going anywhere, like any SoL, but the best part was it established a routine so well that one cannot help but enjoy getting stuck in it for some lengthy hours. 

Glad you enjoyed it. I mostly agree about the endings, too. That epilogue gave me flashbacks to Return of the King. Leave something to our imagination for goodness sake. 

The other routes are good, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Now that I'm done with all the routes, it's time to get the last two endings and finish up Chaos;Head Noah completely. So far, the re-read was completely worth it. :)

Wow, silent Op? how sad.

Fake me OP masterrace!

The glossary also isn't translated entirely, I wonder if I just picked the wrong patch.  Oh well, nothing too major so far, if I start noticing that the glossary becomes a major part, I'll try repatching with a different method.

95% of the TIPS section is 2chan slang anyway, so even if you wanted to translate it, you'd have to replace it with artificial memes of our own. I'd assume that the remaining 5% that has some sort of a plot relevance is the part that's actually translated in the patch. :)

As for my favorite part,

ANGELIC FUCKIN HOWL

Well, get used to it being super-convenient, because that letter from Kazuki in that 'unnecessary ending' is actually a cannon plot point brought up in the sequels.

:P Kazuki's entire deal is that she's a genius to the point of absurdity, so there are going to be things like this when she's involved.

She's also overly lewd, hence that licking scene. That said, I have a feeling wound licking is some sort of a weird fetish in Japan or something, because Grisaia isn't the only VN I've seen it in. :x

Finally done with Muv-Luv Extra for ever, I kinda regret doing Ayamine's route last, the drama was just boring the hell out of me,after taking out Sumika's occasional slice of comedy, it was pretty boring, but I'm just glad to be done with it...and I can finally join the side to feel sympathy for those that have to suffer through this. Unlimited, HERE I COME!! MECHS! ALIENS! GIANT CALIBER GUNS! EXPLOSIONS! W00t! W00t!! The Hype is real!!

Sorry to disappoint you but you wont see any action any time soon... maybe in like 30 hours of reading and no I'm not kidding :P but hang in there it will worth it

Sorry to disappoint you but you wont see any action any time soon... maybe in like 30 hours of reading and no I'm not kidding :P but hang in there it will worth it

My hype is already pumped, so I will probably just keep moving forward until the hype is rewarded by awesome action, but quick question, do you know what a common route is? Iv been looking at the walk through and there is this common route besides the routes for the girls, is common where you don't pick anyone? 

My hype is already pumped, so I will probably just keep moving forward until the hype is rewarded by awesome action, but quick question, do you know what a common route is? Iv been looking at the walk through and there is this common route besides the routes for the girls, is common where you don't pick anyone? 

No, a "common route" just refers to the initial parts of the VN before your collective choices lead you down a particular character's route (or potentially straight into a bad ending, depending on the VN and your own capacity for making bad choices).

I finally finished KonoSora today. Asa and Yoru were the last two routes for me, with each being worse than the last. Aside from translation issues, I really enjoyed Kotori, Ageha, and Amane's routes. If I try really hard, maybe I can scrub Asa and Yoru's existence from my brain, and then I can imagine it being a pretty good VN with three heroines.

Oh, its going to be fun.  I'm the type of person who plays games until I've overexerted myself to where I can't concentrate or am seeing doubles or my eyes intermittently close for minutes on end before I realize it.  With this game being the thing that I've last interacted with, it's going to be the most prominent thing appearing in my hallucinations before going to sleep.

Fun times abound!

After all, what will happen if delusions becomes true.

Unlimited is almost a linear vn because the endings are almost the same no matter what you choose, only some eroge scene will change and the girl in the ending, just pick meiya because she makes the most sense in alternative and then watch the Yuuko's(I don't remember if you need to beat unlimited once to unlock it) because it will also make sense in alternative.

Btw unlimited is not a bad vn but it will end when everything gets good :P and the first many hours of alternative(maybe 10 i cant remember now) are like replaying unlimited again, but then again when alternative gets good it's really really long I remember it took me almost like clannad (clannad with all the routes and after story)

Unlimited is almost a linear vn because the endings are almost the same no matter what you choose, only some eroge scene will change and the girl in the ending, just pick meiya because she makes the most sense in alternative and then watch the Yuuko's(I don't remember if you need to beat unlimited once to unlock it) because it will also make sense in alternative.

Btw unlimited is not a bad vn but it will end when everything gets good :P and the first many hours of alternative(maybe 10 i cant remember now) are like replaying unlimited again, but then again when alternative gets good it's really really long I remember it took me almost like clannad (clannad with all the routes and after story)

Yeah, so far it is already a better start than Extra,lol, I noticed that Takeru starts talking some, seems he got a voice actor... or did he talk in Extra? one strange thing is he talked in some parts and in others he does not...so is my game broken or does he only talk in certain scenes.. 

Yeah, so far it is already a better start than Extra,lol, I noticed that Takeru starts talking some, seems he got a voice actor... or did he talk in Extra? one strange thing is he talked in some parts and in others he does not...so is my game broken or does he only talk in certain scenes.. 

He starts talking in unlimited and then in alternative too, but only in a very very few occasions if i remember correctly... he talks when he is remembering something most of the time, some old scenes will have voice over, in extra he talks only when he is remembering playing with "sumika" when he was a little kid .(and it's for the best because the voice actor sucks hard xD )

He starts talking in unlimited and then in alternative too, but only in a very very few occasions if i remember correctly... he talks when he is remembering something most of the time, some old scenes will have voice over, in extra he talks only when he is remembering playing with "sumika" when he was a little kid .(and it's for the best because the voice actor sucks hard xD )

Ok, just wanted to make sure my game isn't missing a voice file or something like that,I'm not really used to it...I hope he talks all the time in alternative, that way I can get used to it, talking sometimes and sometimes and other times remaining silent is a little wierd for me

Ok, just wanted to make sure my game isn't missing a voice file or something like that,I'm not really used to it...I hope he talks all the time in alternative, that way I can get used to it, talking sometimes and sometimes and other times remaining silent is a little wierd for me

Yeah it's a bit weird I thought the same thing the first time I played it, btw don't go to youtube and type muv luv because even the thumbnails of the videos will spoil you everything! (It happened to me u.u) oh and don't watch the trailer of the intro of muv luv alternative it contains heavy spoilers too.

Yeah it's a bit weird I thought the same thing the first time I played it, btw don't go to youtube and type muv luv because even the thumbnails of the videos will spoil you everything! (It happened to me u.u) oh and don't watch the trailer of the intro of muv luv alternative it contains heavy spoilers too.

Dude, I just saw the intro to the unlimited opening...and wtf.. the pilots suits...they show the breasts...and I hope that is not like that during actual gameplay.. that would be awkward as hell.... Iv seen some pictures of the girls in the pilot suits...they aren't exposed.... so wtf, is this 18+ version this revealing?... I would actually like for them to not show that...

Dude, I just saw the intro to the unlimited opening...and wtf.. the pilots suits...they show the breasts...and I hope that is not like that during actual gameplay.. that would be awkward as hell.... Iv seen some pictures of the girls in the pilot suits...they aren't exposed.... so wtf, is this 18+ version this revealing?... I would actually like for them to not show that...

But they need them exposed for the tit connectors for extra maneuverability.  They get added control by flexing the pecs. LOL jk, I actually have no idea, but reading that made the idea pop into my head.

Finished first chapter of Chaos;Head, I can firmly say that I'm hooked.  My only gripe so far is that I don't know what the green text was at the end of the chatlog scene was, and it's bothering me.  Can someone fill me in on what it said? I have a few ideas from inference, but I would prefer to know concretely.

There is a meaning behind the suits ;)(and no they are not naked the suits makes it looks like they are naked but it's because of the color), I got really mad for the exact same reason because it doesnt make any sense at first, it's like they do it that way just to make it eroge or something :P but just wait and you will understand.

I don't want to spoil you anything but bear in mind that the game has some really reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly mature content, I won't talk about anything in particular but there are really shocking things along the way but only in alternative and again don't watch the trailers of the game they only spoil the game itself u.u

Finished first chapter of Chaos;Head, I can firmly say that I'm hooked.  My only gripe so far is that I don't know what the green text was at the end of the chatlog scene was, and it's bothering me.  Can someone fill me in on what it said? I have a few ideas from inference, but I would prefer to know concretely.

The message from Shogun? It was その目だれの目? = Whose eyes are those eyes?

Glad you're enjoying it so far!

During chapter 3, I'm kind of face palming at how un-genre-savvy the protagonist is for seemingly having watched "too many games and anime".  He can clearly accept certain things, but fails to even bother recognizing important aspects of others.

I really need to start cataloging when the heartbeat messages pop up at the top, I feel like I'm losing track of way too much.  Oh well, I guess I'll save that for the next playthrough.  I'm just gonna yolo this one and enjoy it immensely. 

The message from Shogun? It was その目だれの目? = Whose eyes are those eyes?

Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Thanks for clarifying.  I thought it meant like "No one is in chat" or something lmao.

Also, that sister is incredible.  I must dissent with the protagonist and admit she is adorable.  The protagonist clearly hasn't played as many eroge as he claims to, which would support my first statement.

During chapter 3, I'm kind of face palming at how un-genre-savvy the protagonist is for seemingly having watched "too many games and anime".  He can clearly accept certain things, but fails to even bother recognizing important aspects of others.

I really need to start cataloging when the heartbeat messages pop up at the top, I feel like I'm losing track of way too much.  Oh well, I guess I'll save that for the next playthrough.  I'm just gonna yolo this one and enjoy it immensely. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I thought it meant like "No one is in chat" or something lmao.

Also, that sister is incredible.  I must dissent with the protagonist and admit she is adorable.  The protagonist clearly hasn't played as many eroge as he claims to, which would support my first statement.

There's 45 of them in total - that means 45 x 3 different scenes... yeah, there's a lot. :D

Also, the only cute imouto characters are the 2D ones, obviously! :P

So like... I was playing Akatsuki no Goei... as I do, and I just got to a new OP.

But when I see a new intro, and get really hyped for a route... and then look at my save file and notice that the last 20 saves have all been プロローグ #x (prologue #x) and I am now on the.. common route.. I get a little sad. xD

GG. Slower than snail confirmed. :'D

At the same time, I am really glad that I am taking so long, or rather, that there is so much more left. I need my daily dose of Kaito antics.  :wahaha:

My plan for this spring is to put Noble Works on the back burner for a little while to concentrate on some games to play w/o a text hooker--I feel like I want a little challenge.

I finally got around to finishing Dream Club Zero...really fun game, Mian was my clear favorite though.  Since it's 95% dialogue, playing without a text hooker has never really been an issue.  Someday I'd like to try playing this game with real sake.  That should make those drinking contests interesting.

Looked at Iinazuke as a possible transition game but I was looking up some fancy word practically every sentence--this game is not so good for students, who have a limited vocabulary.  Would be different with a text hooker.

I think I've got one now, though-- Nanatsu-iro Drops Pure.  I just played through a whole session of it, and during that time, looked up maybe 5 words.  So I think I'm going with this one.  This'll be good for a transition to non-JParser reading.  Also, every time Sumomo is on the verge of tears, I'll take a drink of sake (for some reason I have sake on the mind tonight)

So I just finished my first time through Chaos;Head

That was fun.

I feel like I'm clearly missing something, I'll read it again next week maybe and see if I can't get into a different route.

Also, can someone explain to me the LCS/Underwear patch?  I figured it would be on by default, but that doesn't seem correct as I only saw one sprite throughout the entire game seemingly in underwear.  I figure now that I've done the first playthrough I can laugh at the sprites.  Bonus if anyone wants to tell me the Display Options menu.

All in all, I seriously don't know what to saw about it.  It was just really enjoyable.  

Oh, right, god damn that Shakespearean ending.  It was so obvious from the beginning.