What are you playing?

I have several backlogs for a couple months now. I downloaded most of them all around the same time, and then overwhelmed by the numbers, couldn't decide which one to commit to. Please pick for me.

1. Ayakashibito

2. Comyu 

3.G-senjou no Maou

4. Hoshizora no Memoria

5. Katahane 

6. Rewrite

7. Swan Song

8. Umineko no Naku Koro

I vote G-senjou.  Granted, the only other ones I've even touched so far are Hoshimemo and Comyu, so...

I have several backlogs for a couple months now. I downloaded most of them all around the same time, and then overwhelmed by the numbers, couldn't decide which one to commit to. Please pick for me.

1. Ayakashibito

2. Comyu 

3.G-senjou no Maou

4. Hoshizora no Memoria

5. Katahane 

6. Rewrite

7. Swan Song

8. Umineko no Naku Koro

I would choose Rewrite. Based on you Ratings on vndb I would probably also choose G-SNM or coµ ... But with that list i also would say that it really doesn't matter. You should enjoy the most of it. 

Greetz

Slowly making my way through RuiTomo. I still can't get over how strangely difficult it is. It's like half of the text is poverbs and the other philosophy - though that's definitely not a bad thing. Just very unexpected. :D The whole cast got introduced and I like them a lot, as far as first impressions go. Thought the MC definitely steals the show, she's great. :D

I also kind of lost to Steve and started IroSeka, thought I might wait with continuing that till I get done with RuiTomo, not sure yet.

1. Ayakashibito

2. Comyu 

3.G-senjou no Maou

4. Hoshizora no Memoria

5. Katahane 

6. Rewrite

7. Swan Song

8. Umineko no Naku Koro

Go for it! I can guarantee you it'll be one of the most interesting and unique VNs you'll ever read. :) It has a great story, intriguing themes, amazing OST and (in the remake) awesome VA cast. Don't forget to grab the UmiTweak patch!

Or just wait a year or two for the complete 1080p PS3 port from the other guys.

Now starting to read Akatsuki no Goei, at a very slow pace though.

Enjoy! I'll just get this out of the way first - Tsuki best girl. :D

Started School Days, seems like generic romance so far. I am curious to see how exactly it changes ......

1. Ayakashibito

2. Comyu 

3.G-senjou no Maou

4. Hoshizora no Memoria

5. Katahane 

6. Rewrite

7. Swan Song

8. Umineko no Naku Koro

G-senjou no Maou is definitely a very good vn, but on other hand I havent read any of the other vns in your list.

Slowly making my way through RuiTomo. I still can't get over how strangely difficult it is. It's like half of the text is poverbs and the other philosophy - though that's definitely not a bad thing. Just very unexpected. :D The whole cast got introduced and I like them a lot, as far as first impressions go. Thought the MC definitely steals the show, she's great.

Hope you like it. The first 2 routes (Rui and Atori) can be kind of a drag in places. Rui's does have a pretty nice second half with a good ending though. And you'll notice the writing style will flipflop ALOT until Akaneko's route. The script is divided very unevenly between Hino and Shuudou. Akanekos route makes the game though, it's one of the best thing's i've seen thematically. I relate alot in ways to Ruitomo and it's probably the thing that had the most profound effect on me overall, and kind of changed me in a few ways.

Will probably always be my favorite eroge, honestly.

FTR, the routes are free after Rui, but definitely save Iyo's. Rui > Atori > Koyori > Iyo > Akaneko. Iyo's has the most relevant stuff to the plot and the high point of the non-finale routes, would be REALLY weird to do it right after.

Hope you like it. The first 2 routes (Rui and Atori) can be kind of a drag in places. Rui's does have a pretty nice second half with a good ending though. And you'll notice the writing style will flipflop ALOT until Akaneko's route. The script is divided very unevenly between Hino and Shuudou. Akanekos route makes the game though, it's one of the best thing's i've seen thematically. I relate alot in ways to Ruitomo and it's probably the thing that had the most profound effect on me overall, and kind of changed me in a few ways.

Will probably always be my favorite eroge, honestly.

FTR, the routes are free after Rui, but definitely save Iyo's. Rui > Atori > Koyori > Iyo > Akaneko. Iyo's has the most relevant stuff to the plot and the high point of the non-finale routes, would be REALLY weird to do it right after.

And here I thought Rui would be the true route, got completely fooled I guess. Thanks for the heads up, I'll go with that route order. :)

Persona 3 & 4 is quite easy compared to the rest of the SMT series, beat Persona 3 in under 40 hours and Persona 4 in about 25 hours both on the hardest difficulty. If you played a lot of JRPGs before I'm sure you will do fine. 

Currently I am handling college, a part time job, and I am reading Rewrite. Still have lots of free time on my hands. 

I now have done Mayuki's route in Comyu and Ayaya's. Currently on the new transfer students route and then Benio's again (I guess).

The transfer student's(Hisoka) route and character are kind of a love or hate thing. But do you plan to do benio's after hisoka's for any particular reason?

On my end I just finished moon in Rewrite, nice route although it is an easy route to get confused on if you don't pay a lot of attention. Also, that final plot twist was great, I wasn't expecting it to be that way.

The transfer student's(Hisoka) route and character are kind of a love or hate thing. But do you plan to do benio's after hisoka's for any particular reason?

On my end I just finished moon in Rewrite, nice route although it is an easy route to get confused on if you don't pay a lot of attention. Also, that final plot twist was great, I wasn't expecting it to be that way.

Isn't there extra scenes or something if you do Benio's route again?

So I willfully admit I've had some pretty large blind spots for my VN selections and I've been trying to pick games I've been avoiding for various reasons until now. One of these is Umineko. I just finished chapter 1 of the first game and man, I am so into this. I regret not picking it up until now. The fact that all of that was just a tiny portion of the overall experience actually has me really excited. It's been a while since I was this excited over the prospect of reading a VN. Really, not since I just started reading them and was cherry picking the absolute best available. One of the first VNs I've ever tried was Higurashi and for various reasons I was kind of cold on it, but Umineko seems way more up my alley. Now I'm thinking I'll definitely have to read the rest of Higurashi once the updated version from MangaGamer with a new translation and new art is done.

Been reading Shinikiss. I like the talking, BL loving cat that explains the types of deres to you. I usually dislike asshole heroines and ignore their routes completely, but I was compelled to read Shizuku's route despite every second thing she says being an insult. I guess I'm partial to sisters/step-sisters. Also Honoka's route is pretty much School Days:

Two girls like one guy. One girl supports the other girl to get the guy. The guy ends up seeing the supporting girl. The other girl goes batshit insane. Bonus points for the fact the guy's name is actually Makoto. This had a happier ending though.