What are you playing?

So I've decided to try If My Heart Had Wings just for the heck of it.

But when I start the game, every time I click to advance the dialogue... My screen turns to black.

This is in Windows 8.1, with the restoration patch involved.

Please help. ;~;

Shouldn't be an OS problem, I'm running Win 8.1 and I had no problems with that VN. You aren't missing out on much either way, to be honest. :D

Really?  I'd heard that it was decent, as long as MoeNovel's Engrish was fixed by the restoration patch.

To be fair, I only read one route and had enough, so I am sure there are better ones, but in the end it's just a regular charage with nice production values. Well, if you enjoy that kind of thing, I suppose that VN is great, just don't really expect any story from it, besides what's absolutely necessary to create the setting.

To be fair, I only read one route and had enough, so I am sure there are better ones, but in the end it's just a regular charage with nice production values. Well, if you enjoy that kind of thing, I suppose that VN is great, just don't really expect any story from it, besides what's absolutely necessary to create the setting.

Huh.  I mean, I knew it wasn't great, but I'd heard it was at least worth playing.  I might buy it eventually when I run out of VNs I torrented from Fuwa, but that won't happen for a while.  Thanks for your opinion on it  :3

Huh.  I mean, I knew it wasn't great, but I'd heard it was at least worth playing.  I might buy it eventually when I run out of VNs I torrented from Fuwa, but that won't happen for a while.  Thanks for your opinion on it  :3

I think the game is better than you think. Yes it is a bit slow paced sometimes but it isn't bad. You just need to be patient. A lot of stuff about gliders. But it isn't different from any other VN with a somewhat specialized alignment.

On topic. Still continuing with my Grisaia game. I think I am close to 10 hours soon without no route in sight.

On topic. Still continuing with my Grisaia game. I think I am close to 10 hours soon without no route in sight.

Yeah, that sounds about right.  The first choices you make having absolutely nothing to do with locking in a route, and seem to be utterly random.  It's pretty obvious which one will get you into which girl's route when they show up, though.  Dunno if the common route choices really have an effect; I just used a guide because I'm lazy.

I just finished Higanbana's chapter 5 and it was one of the most horrifying and disgusting thing I've ever read, but it was so damn good I got chills many times over and the soundtrack was amazing. Flawless, definitely, too bad that the previous chapters can't catch up to its awesomeness.

There are what, like two or three regular common route choices before the branch points? One of them has an affect, and answering wrong can lock yourself out of Sachi's route. It's not really a spoiler so I'll just say straight up, but when offered with a choice where you have to pick from several of the girls to side with, side with Sachi. It's kinda bullshit because it's the one choice that matters and it's a completely innocuous one that appears to be totally inconsequential on the surface. 

Haven't been here for awhile because university but I finished Umineko two weeks ago and started playing Rose Guns Days right after and stopped after 1947 was over to wait for translations to finish.

Currently working on Planetarian atm and probably won't have time to read any VN until December, when winter break comes. Will slowly clear my backlogs then. I'm slow at VN's, I like to take my time ;____;

Haven't been here for awhile because university but I finished Umineko two weeks ago and started playing Rose Guns Days right after and stopped after 1947 was over to wait for translations to finish.

Currently working on Planetarian atm and probably won't have time to read any VN until December, when winter break comes. Will slowly clear my backlogs then. I'm slow at VN's, I like to take my time ;____;

I take it that I'm slower than you. It takes me at least 4 months to finish one these days.

Just finished G-senjou.  My God...the ending to Haru's route...

it was just heart-wrenching. I had already started crying when each of the heroines talked to Kyousuke in prison (I couldn't help it, it was just so brutal), but when he met his daughter after getting out of jail I just broke down and started sobbing. I don't think I've had a story make me feel like this in a long time. That was just something else entirely.

I had already started crying when each of the heroines talked to Kyousuke in prison (I couldn't help it, it was just so brutal), but when he met his daughter after getting out of jail I just broke down and started sobbing. I don't think I've had a story make me feel like this in a long time. That was just something else entirely.

it was just heart-wrenching. I had already started crying when each of the heroines talked to Kyousuke in prison (I couldn't help it, it was just so brutal), but when he met his daughter after getting out of jail I just broke down and started sobbing. I don't think I've had a story make me feel like this in a long time. That was just something else entirely.

G-senjou no Maou is one of my favourites. 

Maou's arrival was completely unexpected, and the scene at the park - it was amazing. Well unlike most of you, Maou was actually my favourite character so when he came back I was quite glad. The scene that followed seemed fitting for him, Maou dieing in a burning bus wasnt nearly as fulfilling.

It wasn't unhappiness I felt. Rather, shock or anguish for the characters. I love Maou as a character, being clever and all. His identity as Kyousuke's brother was completely unexpected though... Anyway, as I was reading through the epilogue, my heart raced. I think it shows how greatly written the story was, and how no one actually predicted that he would come back.

In other related news, Maou's a bitch for getting Kyousuke imprisoned. He just couldn't leave his brother alone. I don't even know if it was him being a good brother or something.

G-Senjou no Maou was beautiful, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.